Late Saturday Night Notes

RAAAAAAARGH, I am a MAN, sir

If there was ever a day to be grateful for television, it was today. Starting with the Kentucky/Tennessee game at noon, it was a sports-loving couch potato’s paradise, with an unbelievable North Carolina upset, the 49ers’ last minute win over the Saints, and tonight’s main event: Tebow vs. the Patriots (so much for that, by the way). Or, and for BTI you suckers out there who let the lady take over the remote, the Miss America pageant. Tell me, how was Miss Kentucky this year? Hot? Good to know.

Let’s go over a few notes before tucking in on this cold winter’s night.

— For the second game in a row, the Cats offset a poor first half performance with a gutsy late second half comeback to beat the Vols, 65-62. Mr. Hammer has a mighty fine recap of the game below, but here were my highlights:

Michael the Freaking Man-Gilchrist
It’s gotten to the point where I’m almost sick of saying it: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is a beast. MKG has a been a little off since his national coming out party against Louisville, but he returned to top form in the second half against the Vols today. His three with 4:54 left in the game was absolutely clutch, padding the Cats’ lead to four. He finished with 17 points and 12 rebounds, his third double-double this season, but once again, his impact was felt beyond the box score; Gilchrist chased down loose balls, fought for rebounds, and scrapped for steals. He took two hard falls in the game and appeared to be injured, scaring me so badly I almost called my mother, but he quickly collected himself, and got back in the game. After UK seized the lead late in the second half, forcing Tennessee to call a timeout to regroup, Kidd-Gilchrist surged into the huddle, energizing his teammates and pumping them up for the final minutes. After the game, Anthony Davis said Kidd-Gilchrist was upset with his teammates at halftime and let them know it:

“He was a man who came into the locker room mad and really feisty because we wasn’t playing like we was supposed to. That’s just how he plays. He’s got a will to win. He brings a lot: the energy, rebounding, scoring offensively, free throws. He’s a great kid. I’m glad we had him on our team.”

That says it all.

Anthony Davis steps up
Speaking of Davis, he had another monster game, with 18 points and four blocks, putting him one shy of the single-season school record of 83. Here’s a fun fact: as of this morning, Anthony Davis has more blocks than 286 Div 1 teams. He and Gilchrist continue to step up when this team stutters, and much of the kudos for today’s win should go to Davis for his ability to completely change the game defensively. He’s quickly becoming Mr. Consistent for this squad, and must be an absolute nightmare for teams to prepare for.

A win, again, is a win.
Feel a little deja vu during the last ten minutes of the game? The atmosphere inside Thompson-Boling Arena had a distinct “Assembly Hall” feeling to it, with Tennessee playing to their full potential and the Cats failing to fire on all cylinders. However, the Cats, a month wiser and more experienced, didn’t succumb to the pressure. They dug deep, and found a way to win. And that, in light of Florida State’s thrilling upset of North Carolina earlier today, means everything. Let this postgame quote from Anthony Davis warm your heart:

We have a will to win. We’re a great ball club. We never give up. I think we were down like 10 with a couple minutes left, and we just kept fighting, kept fighting. We don’t like losing. We just got a will to win.”

— If you missed it, North Carolina lost to Florida State by an astonishing thirty-three points. The Tarheels were absolutely and completely embarrassed, showing no heart or pride. In what may have been the oddest ending to a game ever, Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton suggested that Roy Williams and his bench go ahead and go to the locker room with 14 seconds left in the game so they wouldn’t risk being injured by fans storming the court. Call it the Indiana effect?

— Now for the Boone’s Butcher Shop Tweet Beat Injury Report:

— Jarnell Stokes is for real. And so are his ridiculously long eyelashes.

Bullitt East star Derek Willis may be near a decision, and according to inside sources(which I ain’t paying for), it’s looking good for the Cats. Willis’ father said his son may announce his decision as soon as this week. “He’s 100 percent, knows what he wants to do and what his goals and aspirations are.” C-A-T-S, CATS CATS CATS?

Want more? Don’t worry, Drew and I will be back bright and early to recap the win over the dirty snitches and prepare you for Randall Cobb’s big game against the Giants. See you then.

91 Comments for Late Saturday Night Notes

1. Poff Daddy
    11:21 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

First!

2. Happyyyy
    11:29 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Mmmmmmmm

3. Uhhh
    11:31 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Uhhh im on the toilet with worst diareaha in the world
    Uuhhhhhh

4. CatFan-n-ET
    11:32 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Every time I see Leonard Hamilton I think about his years at KY and what a good recruiter he was for the Cats. Great win today for him. Go Cats!!

5. Darius Miller
    11:48 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

I need to pull my head out of my ass……..

6. Chickenhead in every pot
    11:48 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Watched the whole pageant .. Never saw miss Kentucky one time…

7. CatFanInVA
    11:55 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Scared me so bad I almost called my mother…

8. James K
    11:57 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

I criticized you when you claimed that Kidd-Gilchrist was the most important player on the team. I will concede now that it is at the very least a toss-up between Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist. He was absolutely unbelievable today. I swear that kid is made of rubber.

9. GapToothDanny
    12:09 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

I can’t find any reference to incidents where NCAA basketball athletes were injured by court-storming fans, yet both coaches and the announcers implied that UNC’s players were in imminent danger. This type of behavior may be relatively common at soccer matches…
    GTD

10. yo darius
    12:09 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

5-just hit some more 3s, baby. all all will be good

11. Rockett6
    12:14 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

@9 How quickly we forget the video that was thrown around saying Boogie swung at a fan. Looked like bit(hes yes, bad decision….not sure.

12. Jaded
    12:17 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Wow, Ms. Thompson, you are becoming quite the potty mouth. Don’t know what to think of that.

13. Stokes
    12:57 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

I don’t know if ya’ll heard Dykes or Nessler, but I only practiced 4 times prior today’s game… GO CATS!!!

14. #Rise
    1:04 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Cats win, niners win, overall good night. Now I am F’ed up on wild turkey posting on KSR. WTF!!

15. Jim
    1:06 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

In ur mouth, Tebow. Get some, u overrated, overhyped, fake, novelty act.

16. Eric K
    1:06 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

The last two games are going to help in the long run! Dykes is an ass! GO CATS!!!!

17. Jim
    1:16 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Hey Tebow, wheres all that arm-waving, fist-pumping, and jumping up and down now? So easy to do when ur on a lucky streak huh? Half a season, now defenses will have a whole off- season to prepare for ur a$$, so hope u enjoyed it!

18. bobby jim
    1:42 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

5. yes lets put all the blame on Miller, because he was the only one playing bad (Sarcasm). How about Lamb who didn’t do shit? At least Miller hit clutch FT’s to seal the game for us, which Lamb seems incapable of doing.

19. road_warri0r
    1:44 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

17 Jim, Do you remember when they plucked out Jesus’ beard and nailed Him to a cross, and they mocked Him, thats what you sound like. Think about it!!

20. wow...
    2:06 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

19-you LITERALLY compared tebow to jesus. re-evaluate everything about your life

21. Calipari'sInYourEar
    2:16 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

I hope Teague’s shoulder gets better and he simply lets Calipari turn him into a monster at the point.

As long as he maintains an ounce of resistance to Cal’s master plan, we will remain beatable.

22. C'mon
    2:21 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

19 I like Tebow but oh my God.

23. Jim
    2:22 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

#20-LMAO

24. Calipari'sInYourEar
    2:49 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

#20 – wow… – We are all a piece of the devine.

25. tdogg4033011
    3:28 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

5) you’re a jackass …. plain and simple

26. Ap
    3:28 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

I thought Darius might have lost it for us there for a minute. Didn’t throw it in to Teague that first time. What a way to crush a freshmans confidence. What if he threw it into him next time, they fouled right away and he missed the free throws, thinking to much about Darius not trusting him. Then Darius hit those clutch free throws and redeemed himself.

27. Calipari'sInYourEar
    3:50 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

#26 – Ap – Darius did exactly what experience told him to do when he refused to throw the ball in to Teague.

Teague is from Indiana, and he had his chance to cap the win there with a 1 & 1 that he demanded (by not passing it to an open man, thus was fouled) in the final seconds of that game. Having made that decision, he chose to take his team on his shoulders, and he missed the free throw.

Miller, as a Senior, didn’t pass the ball to Teague, because he didn’t trust him. This trust was lost by Teague.

All coaches we play from here on out are going to force Teague to beat us at the line if we are only up by 1 or 2 in the final seconds. They will instruct their players to try to foul our worst free throw shooters (the one’s who have shown they can’t hit the clutch free throws).

Once Kentucky came back out of the timeout, the ball was passed in and Miller kept it, demanding the foul. Tennessee players responded less anxiously at attempting to foul him hoping their pressure would force him to pass, but the clock was against them and they were called for the foul.

And what WE want then occurs… OUR SENIOR AT THE LINE TO TAKE THE FREE THROWS. He drains them both. End of game. Miller got it done.

28. Calipari'sInYourEar
    3:56 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Coaches watch the film. They know who can’t hit clutch free throws (based on game film they have watched). Since Teague missed the free throw at Indiana at the end, and that was the only game we have lost…

EVERY COACH KNOWS TEAGUE IS THE GUY TO FOUL. That is, until he proves different (and hits his free throws… if (a big if) he gets another chance).

I want Miller at the line. I’d take Gilchrist at the line. And because of Davis’s showing in previous games late at the line, I would be ok with him there as well now.

But there’s no reason for Teague to have to prove himself there. He’s a dribbler and a passer… so PASS THE DAMN BALL TO YOUR SHOOTER.

Know your role!

29. TylerBlue
    6:32 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

This lady is good to ……read!!

30. Rolo
    7:28 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Not sure the love affair with this kid Willis, he’s just not that talented. Not trying to demean the young man, but seen him play, and the talent is just not there for a UK team with elite talent. Reminds me of of another young man on our team that is currently injured we thought was an elite talent and isn’t. Before you blast me, take a look at his games that have talented players vs. non-talent and you will understand.

31. yeah first!!
    8:02 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

@ @ 19…. calm down bwatah. The romans did that do a lot of people. What makes your jesus fellow so special??

32. cathalchan
    8:08 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Enjoyed the column, but disagree with your assessment of the atmosphere in Thompson-Boling Arena. I was there, and never did it approach anything that Assembly Hall offers. IU is as passionate about basketball as we are, but not so with UT. I was in Assembly Hall in 1980 and in 2009 (the last two UK wins in Bloomington) and would say that both crowds were much more intimidating than UT’s. I can only imagine the 2011 crowd in Bloomington. But the main thing is that we are getting the job done, unlike games like Ole Miss last year.

33. Mr Schwump
    8:20 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

TB was like a funeral. Those idiots knew they’d lose unless stripes helped them.

34. Me
    8:21 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

To all the Tebow haters…

1) Tim is praying for you.
    2) I bet NONE of you have the junk in your boxers to say any of this sh!t to his face.
    3) New England is good. New England probably has or will beat your favorite team this year.
    4) Tim will be the first to admit he didn’t play well, but their ‘D’ and special teams didn’t show up.
    5) Tim Tebow is more of a MAN than you, and he likes God – get over it.

35. Hop
    8:37 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

2 things to point out. 1-Cats were 2-6 on the road in the SEC last year. They are 2-0 already this year! 2-I believe Jarnell Stokes only practiced English 4 times before that interview that aired during the game yesterday.

36. Dane Brammage
    8:43 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

“Louisville First” is apropos this week having been obliterated into roast duck by the Friars, what with all the other upsets being secondary yesterday.

37. J Stokes
    8:45 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

I invited Jimmy Dykes to my 5th practice.

38. My Two Cents
    8:55 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

So… anyone not buying Tebow’s “I’m a virgin” story? Last night… he got raped.

39. Me too Says
    9:01 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

(34)
    To all the Tebow lovers

1)It doesn’t matter.
    2)Tim would appreciate if you kept it clean.
    3)…or is your favorite team.
    4)Madden would agree.
    5)I’ll take your word for that, so- get out from under him.

40. road_warri0r
    9:05 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

For those who took my comment out of context, I was not comparing Tebow to Jesus, I was comparing the low lifes who mocked Jesus to the ones who mock Tim Tebow today. It is a very dangerous thing to mock Gods man.

41. yeah first!!
    9:15 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

@@ road warrior… come on. come on. I mean really…. come on. jesus was just a hippi trying to make it. chill out. he wouldn’t want you acting that way. nor buddah… they would say just chill….

42. Me
    9:19 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

#39

I’ll add a couple more in your case…

6) Your dad wishes you’d been a little (a lot) more like Tebow.
    7) Your wife / girlfriend wishes you were A LOT more like Tebow.
    8) Your friend (yes singular) wishes you were Tebow.
    9) Tebow would simply tell you, “God Bless.”

43. SexnNursinHomes
    9:19 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

tebow was/is a gator. never in a million burning years in hell would i ever root for a florida gator.

44. tdogg4033011
    9:24 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

37) now thats funny

43) what up once again??

45. skinman
    9:29 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

43-Eloy Vargas was a Gator, just saying.

46. SexnNursinHomes
    9:29 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

43- tdogg gettin jiggy with it!! ahh, nothing. enjoying this UK win weekend. Women’s team won, Men’s team won, weekend is officially set. Bring on MLK!!!

47. SexnNursinHomes
    9:30 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

45- I have a open spot in my heart for reformers. kudos to Vargas for making the right change in life.

48. Bledsoe's Biceps
    9:37 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Boone’s Butcher Shop Tweet Beat Injury Report…..very good

Jimmy Yikes is the sole reason I will now buy a SportsSync radio. He tries way too hard to be cute/original/different and wears out his phrase/topic of the day. Just announce the game Jimmy and stop auditioning on the air.

49. tdogg4033011
    9:39 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

46) yeah man, tdogg cuttin a rug over here. A win over UT is always
    nice, its not as much fun w/o Pearl there though. I’ll always hate
    UT no matter who the coach is though, Dykes talkin bout Stokes made
    me hate em even more.

50. Roll Tide
    9:42 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Waste of scholarship on slow white boy!

51. Marcy suter
    9:52 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Why on earth would you allow post 3?

52. john stockton
    9:58 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

#27, 28 I agree totally. #50, your a waste of O2.

53. SexnNursinHomes
    9:58 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

49- hahaha! yeah Dykes def has a man crush on Stokes, especially enamored with his foot size.

54. shields eyes
    10:00 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

You can call Tebow anything you want but please don’t call him overrated. Every single analyst at the beginning of this year made it seem like he could not win a game.

55. Lamb
    10:06 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Any suggestions what I need to do to get my head out of Miller’s A$$??

56. Mike
    10:12 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Mayble Cal’s biggest challenge now is to find WTF is up with Miller and Lamb. Their dismal play has not been a 1 game aberration. Darius can’t call on any heart or pride on a regular basis and may go down in UK lore as 1 of the biggest SLACKERS of all time. Silence of the Lamb is a real puzzler. One would think in both cases that their friends or teammates would give them enough grief over recent play to entice them to play up to their abilities.

57. Jack
    10:15 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

About that Willis kid, I dont want him. I’ve talked to several coaches around the Louisville area that he is EXTREMELY overrated. One in particular is a huge uk fan and even told me he wants no part of him on such a talented team as uk.

58. Mr. Jagerbomb
    10:23 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Is tough the only adjective that Jimmy Dykes knows ?

59. Maverick
    10:25 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

#53, you know what they say about big feet? I bet Jimmy knows too.

60. SexnNursinHomes
    10:28 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

59- exatcly. haha

61. James K
    10:29 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Willis is just a junior, and he’s got a terrific skill set, he’s explosive, and he has a high ceiling. Most of you guys don’t know what you’re talking about.

62. tdogg4033011
    10:50 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

59) they take a big shoe????

63. bung
    10:56 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

welcome Willis…

64. TN Cat
    11:25 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Wonder what size shoe Britney Griner wears.

65. SexnNursinHomes
    11:30 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

64- dunno, but she probably has a big penis.

66. 6xJimmy
    11:45 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

Anybody that sees Willis size and skill as a jr. in high school and do not see how that would project in college is crazy. I guess the coaches at UK, UL, Purdue, IU are not as smart as you are. Now one that will have a problem at college is the Snyder boy at Ballard and going to UL, he is not even the best jr. guard on his high school team.

67. Bledsoe's Biceps
    11:51 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

66) So are you sayin the coaches at UL are not as smart as you are? 🙂

68. tyrus
    11:55 am January 15, 2012 Permalink

tweet what you had for brunch. not your injuries

69. yeah first!!
    12:11 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

Nut sack suck on teague all you want. He had help stopping ut’s point guard… but ok whatever. The bigger picture is the obvious way the offense flows better when teague is on the bench. Argue stats all you want. But what the stats don’t show is the way he can’t run the offense in an efficient manner.

70. CAUKFAN
    12:16 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

1) Tebow is a product of the SEC so that’s good for us when he has success, right?

2) Stokes should be a Cat and that has me a little disgruntled this morning.

71. Blue Jeezy
    12:23 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

T-Tale of an epidemic, a sick, cult-like obsession
    E-Explain why it’s happening on the UK website
    B-Back to the sidelines and reality next season
    O-Overrated, overhyped, over it
    W-White dude with a chip on his shoulder who plays the typical “they said I’d never make it” card (which is strange since he was a college All-American) instead of just playing the game and keeping his mouth shut

72. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    1:09 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

Sounds like good news is coming our way re: Willis. Simply speculation based on tweets I’ve seen the last couple days.

73. make a swish
    1:14 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

Willis isn’t explosive…skilled yes, but not explosive. I don’t see him getting much clock

74. Derek Willis
    1:58 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

I was going to pick UL until I heard about his rough practices!

75. Al B. Sure
    2:27 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

71- No Tebow fan, but you said, “instead of just playing the game and keeping his mouth shut” … please provide specific examples and/or links to where Tebow has been the one running his mouth. I see lots of the fans and media making a big deal about him either way, but I have never heard Tebow say anything that could remotely be considered wrong.

76. David from San Diego
    2:32 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

Has anyone heard from the ESPN UNC blog after the beatdown they took Saturday. I can say that was very satisfying to watch. They just laid down and took it like Tyler said. No heart, no pride, no guts, they gave up, and it said a lot. None of us will expect the national media to beat their entire team up the way they all took shots at Terrence Jones when they had a let down but thats what should happen if equal coverage and comment was distributed. The UNC team is talented and no one argues it, and they could still certainly win the national championship (goodness we all hope that isn’t the case), but they will never be what people made them out to be in the preseason. All those article, the ESPN UNC blog creation for them alone, and praise, was just pure homerism. They were overrated and will not be an elite team after that loss. Its that damaging.

77. Mr. T's Mohawk
    2:32 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

@ 31, through Jesus, and only Jesus, do we have salvation.

78. yeah first!!
    2:54 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

@ #77.. dude just stop. It was a joke. But it doesn’t change the fact that you are a disturbed person if you believe in a book written by not so intelligent mud hut dewllers and huriedly put together by a bunch of Romans 100’s of years after the fact so they could unite their people and have more control over them….. well then, ok. Have at it. Oh yeah, by the way, santa claus is real.

79. Blue Jeezy
    4:05 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

#75-I was referring to his constant speeches and self-advertising, and preaching to everyone about his religion. I didnt say he said anything “wrong”, I’m just saying he or any athlete doesnt need to be out there preaching their religion to the media and so forth…his religion is his thing and if thats what hes into, thats cool, im not hating on him for it, im sayin its just overkill. Hes on ESPN and sports networks because he is a “professional athlete”, so he needs to stick to football, team, on-the-field stuff. You see what him doing that has started: people on a UK sports message site arguing religion. U got religious freaks out here hailing Tebow as the second coming, like he is some evangelist like Billy Graham, which he has earned by his comments. Im not hating on religion, im sayin this is a sports website that should stay at sports talk, which Tebow also needs to stick with. Maybe when he retires he can get into a career with the church if thats what hes interested in, but for while hes an NFL player, some of us dont want to hear it.

80. Me
    4:13 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

#71 & #78

Tebow says “God Bless” – to both of you.

Why do you people hate him so much? He has NEVER pounded his chest and said he was the man. He just works harder than 99% of the rest of the nfl. He will get better in the off season – wanta bet?

Oh yeah, and just cause you don’t believe in God – doesn’t mean the rest of us don’t have to. That’s a bit of a liberal mindset, don’t ya think?

81. Blue Jeezy
    4:28 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

#80 might want to re-read my comments about religion. This is a SPORTS site, and what we all believe or dont believe is irrelevant on here and not for anyone to address or question….But since u brought it up, yes LIBERAL, and very proud of it, so what’s it to u? Get over it. Im not asking ur beliefs, I could care less, go to another website if u want to discuss that.

82. CatFanNVaBeach
    7:06 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

@7 – Scared me so bad I did call my Mom!

83. Me too Says
    7:16 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

(42)

6. Dad’s dead, but I preyed for an answer. He’s busy polishing the golden streets. Said he’d get back to me.
    7. Wife was at church worshiping Tebow. I’ll ask her when she gets home.
    8. (Really clever smiley-face) My friend is Agnostic, so he’s not sure Tebow even exists.
    9. So.

84. Chris
    7:43 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

I wish people would give Darius more cred for his free throws. He may not have had the best game but he made the two free throws that counted.

85. Al B. Sure
    9:54 am January 16, 2012 Permalink

#79, while I respect your position on this issue and I am no church fanatic, I am somewhat educated in matters of the church and/or Christianity. There are some (many) who would argue that it is the duty of a Christian to “witness, to be a testimony, to preach the Gospel of Jesus’ love”. Tebow’s weaknesses on the football field have been well-documented, but I don’t believe it is right to hate a person for following their religious beliefs.

I could offer several quote and links in relation to the “duty” of a Christian, but I offer the following:

“Acts 20:24: But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus–the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God”

“Mark 5:19: And he did not permit him but said to him, “Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” ”

“John 20:21: Jesus said, “Even as My Father hath sent Me, so send I you.” ”

You have every right to believe as you will, but Mr. Tebow probably feels strongly about his faith and his duties as a Christian and believes that his position in the public eye is an opportunity given to him to spread the word of God.

86. Al B. Sure
    9:56 am January 16, 2012 Permalink

By the way, I don’t agree that Tebow works harder than 99% of the NFL, as others (fans) have stated. I believe that nearly every athlete at this elite level is there because of their talent AND hard work. I do find it somewhat insulting to imply that others NFL athletes do not work hard.

87. yeah first!!
    10:06 am January 16, 2012 Permalink

Al B. Sure.. those are horrible sayings! Why would you quote those? For every decent saying you can pick out of that horrid book you can find a horrible one. Slavery, killing and so on. If you need quotes go to buddah. No contradictions in that book at least. And by the way, I like tebow a lot. He is just a bad QB. He will make a good tight end.

88. yeah first!!
    10:14 am January 16, 2012 Permalink

And don’t go into the contradictions in the tripitaka. I know there are. I was just making a point.

89. Al B. Sure
    10:42 am January 16, 2012 Permalink

87: Please read my post again. I didn’t say these are my beliefs, I said these are Christian beliefs, and Tebow being a Christian probably believes the same and feels that it is his DUTY to spread his testimony. I respect your right to believe as you choose, you should respect the rights of others to do as well. Not sure if Buddah speaks on this, but I’m pretty sure the US Constitution mentions it.

90. yeah first!!
    11:21 am January 16, 2012 Permalink

No… I got ya. But you brought the quotes up. You shouldn’t do that. That book along with the others has created more hypocrites and murderers than anything else in history. Tebow will figure it out if he is smart enough. But you should never take up the cause and promote it. The constitutions protects a lot of things….. whether they are right or wrong. There are a lot of impressionable people on here (nice word for not very bright) and if you give examples like that associated with tebow…..well…. you just further the…….

91. cig107