Las Vegas is the place to be in July

Leave aside the poolside cabanas, scantily clad women, and scantily clad women sitting poolside at a cabana, there are two reasons why you should visit Las Vegas this July: Basketball and basketball.

July 13-22… The NBA Summer League returns to Sin City July this summer after a one-year hiatus. A specific schedule and participating teams have yet to be released but you can go ahead and assume there will be a strong Kentucky presence on the court at the Thomas and Mack Center. Maybe you can even grab an In-N-Out burger with Darius Miller or Doron Lamb between games.

July 12… You can also fly out a day or two early to catch some International basketball, featuring your two favorite basketball countries. Coach Cal’s Dominican Republic team will scrimmage the USA Men’s National Team on UNLV’s campus on Thursday, July 12. It’ll be Team USA’s first official exhibition of the summer tour and the first exhibition game ever between the two countries. Tickets are already on sale for the event.

July 6-11… Team USA will train with the DeMarcus Cousins and the U.S. Select team in Las Vegas. Boogie is out to prove what Amurrica missed out on.

I would never advise anyone to go to Las Vegas for more than three or four days, but a trip this summer could be stretched out to a week, so long as you attempt to stay off the cheap blackjack tables at Imperial Palace and spend most of your time in a gymnasium.

Think about it; it could be a lot of fun

See you there?

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Las Vegas is the place to be in July

1. Pete
    12:06 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Couldn’t agree any more Drew! I’m a bleed blue and promote for, Wet Republic Ultra Pool, which you got in the pic so let me know when you or whoever else is in town!

2. barn
    12:20 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

god i wish there was some news

3. SKeller03
    12:21 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

That chick in the pool by his right hip that’s wearing black is creeping so hard. Her smirk is a little scary.

4. 44 Stitches
    12:23 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

You had to go and bring up In-N-Out burger. Now what ever I eat today it won’t be any good because I want some In-N-Out burgers.

5. awesome
    1:00 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I will randomly be in Vegas that week… #BBN

6. Sorry to say something
    1:07 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

but it kinda bothers me in which the order you gave the dates.. anyone else?

7. Sorry to say something
    1:08 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

**not necessarily “bothered” me but more so the first thing i noticed

8. UKBlue
    1:28 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Vegas is miserable in July, you haven’t experienced hot until you have been in Vegas in July & August. Wet Republic pool is a joke, Hard Rock. In & Out Burger, yum

9. Head Bussa
    1:35 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I’ll never forget my first time in Vegas. I was there in June and when I went out to the pool at the MGM Grand I never wished I was more tanner and toner at any point in my entire life. There are so many drop-dead gorgeous women walking around in barely nothing you would not believe it if you have never been there.

10. CliffFrankLou
    1:45 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, but it’s dry heat (as if it matters when it is 112 degrees….)

11. DREWBLUE
    2:05 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Made my first trip to CALI. last month. Made a special trip to In-N-Out. Although it was good, the intimacy and the old time feel of the restaurant is what I enjoyed the most. Anyone willing to foot the bill and I will tour regional burger joints throughout the country and report back to the KSR website.