La’Rod King is Angry, too

larod-king

I think we can all agree that Thursday’s night game against Western flat out sucked. You’re angry about it, I’m angry about it, and it looks like La’Rod King is angry, too. But not just about the game; he’s angry about the fans’ reaction to the game. Yesterday, the junior wideout, considered by many to be the Cats’ most talented receiver in the preseason, let everyone know how he feels about the sense of panic in the Big Blue Nation:

I don’t care what they got to say honestly. We’re here. The team is our team. Everybody outside, you’re not in here so I don’t want to hear it. So whatever.”

Is King simply being an emotional twenty-year-old who should have thought before he spoke? Is this shades of Randall Cobb’s “Level 9 pissed” tweets from last season (All hail golden eyes!)? Should King care what the fans think and vice versa?

#smdreads

127 Comments for La’Rod King is Angry, too

1. Rynoski
    4:07 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

King has a point. BBN hit the panic button right quick. BBN should be embarrassed that a HS sized crowd showed up to an NFL stadium.

2. Mr Schwump
    4:10 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Talk’s cheap, make the effin play.

3. Jimmy Buffett
    4:11 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

It sounds like he’s already heard it and realizes that, given this team, he’ll probably hear it again after a lackluster effort Saturday.

4. Jones Returns
    4:12 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Catch a f#&$%^@ ball you embarassing piece of S#@% and then maybe, just maybe, I’ll give a S$#@ what you and your “team” have to say…until then you I’ll gladly stay on the outside.

5. Tanks fer Nuttin
    4:12 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I don’t care about what a lot of fans say either. And if I were playing again, I wouldn’t give a flip what you think or say. You’re not playing, so there.

6. UK DONOR
    4:13 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

La’Rod needs to shut the hell up and play ball. I’ve donated a lot to the athletics program, so you better believe I’m going to voice my frustrations when shit rolls out onto the field.

7. brad
    4:14 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I thing some are making too much of this game…if they repeat that performance this week, then we’ve got a full-blown panic going. But King doesn’t need to address it. I’ve seen no one say anything inappropriate about the team – they didn’t make plays so the fans called them out about it. If we had just made the easy plays we win by 3 TDs that game. If King catches the deep ball he dropped, that may have changed the complexion of the game all by itself. So he needs to quit talking and start playing; there are no more loyal fans in all of football than UK fans. Heartbreak after heartbreak we keep coming back – an not just coming back, but coming back expecting a W. So go CATS, step up King (and others), and let’s get this season rolling.

8. Hambone1480
    4:14 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I don’t care what LaRod King has to say. He has a lot to prove and I don’t care if he’s mad.

9. SweetTeaMob til I DIE
    4:15 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I agree with LaRod! Way to speak your mind, kid! If I were in his situation, I’d react the same way. BBN is supposed to be faithful to our team during the ups AND downs.. and some people who call themselves fans, showed very little faith in our team. Example: “Hell we’ll be lucky to go 2-10!” and “Where is basketball season!?!?”

I feel like LaRod is VERY right by saying this.

10. jesus pooped to
    4:15 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

catch the ball retard

11. Jimtown Catfan
    4:16 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I can understand why King is upset. I mean first game of the season and BBN is in panic mode, predicting the Cats will only win 3 games. I was at the game. I was upset at the performance I witnessed. However, it is only game 1 of a helluva long season.
    King could have chosen his words a little better, but he is young and was speaking out of emotion.
    King and rest of the Cats can erase most of the negativity with a solid performance this weekend, followed by a thrashing of those filthy birds the following week.
    There are plenty of opportunities for this group of Cats to redeem themselves from a poor opening game performance.
    I still hope for the best, but I will be waiting 4-5 games into season to make any snap judgements.

12. UK DONOR
    4:18 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

#9…he’ll get his twitter account, facebook account, media interviews, etc. shut down within 24 hours. The coaching staff/admin don’t let this kind of shit fly. He needs to shut the hell up and play ball, and the fans wont complain.

Without the fans, they wouldn’t be playing football here (or anywhere), period.

13. Buckets
    4:19 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Uh oh. Rabbit ears. That’s never a good trait for an athlete to have. If the catch the damn ball, no one will say anything. But they have to catch the ball. This isn’t high school (where La’Rod was a QB for North Hardin), this is the SEC. No excuse for the dropped passes.

14. THE S POSED TO BE SEC
    4:19 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

UK FOOTBALL SUCKS IM GONNA LAUGH WHEN THE DIRTY BIRDS ROLL US COMMONWEALTH. HELL TEAXAS A&M IS NOW IN THE SEC UK WILL BE LUCKY TO WIN 4 or 5 GAMES FROM HERE ON OUT…. HATERS BE HATIN

15. Hambone
    4:21 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I don’t care what LaRod King has to say. He and the others have a lot to prove and I don’t care if he’s mad.

16. Hey L'Rod
    4:22 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

my border collie can catch a football. Can you? No, we saw that last week. Get back to us when you can. BTW, if you like, all of us fans can just stop showing up to cheer your sorry ass. If the fans giving it to them for lack of effort bothers them so badly, do something about it besides running your mouth. I “believe” I’m done wasting my time with UK football. Getting beaten by a better team when you played your guts out is one thing, but what we have seen the last two years is unacceptable. And King, you will keep hearing about it.

17. Hoosier Wild Cat
    4:22 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

La Rod, catch 10 in a row and all will be forgotten. Drop two out of the NEXT five and the BBN will be on you like white on rice. You are our go to guy, we thought. Prove it.

18. Chuck Norris
    4:22 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

BBN has every right to get pissed about that poor excuse for a football game, and Larod has every right not to give a flying **** about what the fans think. Pretty simple…

19. Oh well
    4:23 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Who wouldn’t get mad! Our fanbase is just pathetic! Football or basketball! When your winning they’re the greatest but if you have one bad outting and they’re ready to throw you under ther bus!! Did the same thing to terrance jones last season. He’ll people were even calling for cal to be fired after the bama game! But I shouldn’t say our fanbase cuz most of us true fans are at least rational. Just most of the dumbasses on here who don’t know Jack about sports anyway besides what they hear from espn and read from a few douchebags on this site! I like this site and check it out multiple times daily but it has even became ridiculous with the constant negative bullshit about certain players. I can understand mentioning some individuals bad play. But to harp on it daily is f-ing pathetic!

20. The Office
    4:23 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

6) and 12)

Please stop donating then.And maybe pick on somebody your own damn age.

21. SweetTeaMob til I DIE
    4:25 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

He has the right to voice his opinion just like you and I do. You can’t say he needs to shut up and just play ball. He wasn’t put on this earth for yours or any other fans’ amusement. He is a regular human with human emotions and has the right to be pissed! You so called “fans” are ridiculous.

Go cats.

22. ILCatsFan
    4:26 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

This is one of the many reasons I hate college football. This guys does not get it! Imagine ANY UK basketball player ever making that kind of statement about BBN. Sure, UK basketball is in a completely different class than UK football. But, if UK football is ever going to be a national contender, the players and the fanbase, together, are going to make it happen. UK basketball is, in my opinion, what it is because of BBN. We demand the best and we are not going to be happy if we don’t get it. There is nothing bad about that.

23. Big Blue Faithful
    4:26 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

#4 and #6 you are the type of people who dont understand the meaning of a true fan…you guys just sit back and ride the wagon when its good and do nothing but hate when its bad…I dont care how much $$ you have donated to the program you only did it so you could have good seats when we win those big games…when those victories happen you are on top of the world…both of you need to grow a pair and quit hating on team that you supposedly love…yes it was a bad game but it was a WIN…point blank…put it behind and move on to the next week…I suggest you 2 just go twiddle your thumbs till basketball season and dont even support UK football its trash fans like you that are bringing down this fanbase

24. Lex07
    4:26 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

What “panic button after only one game”? They sucked at the end of last year, too.

25. ukcatfannfl
    4:27 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

His head coach said he couldnt catch a ball so maybe he better tell Joker to %&&^ off also!

26. drewsster02
    4:27 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

To say that they played uninspired football and almost got beat by a team that had no business staying close to them is the truth. Whether he wants to hear it or not is up to him. But I was inside the stadium last Thursday, and I told my wife I had seen high school teams play better. When you pay money for a ticket, you are not just a fan. You are a consumer. When the product sucks at my favorite restaurant I’m not going to smile and say I like it. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t one of the guys in a drunken stupor shouting obscenities at receivers and at Morgan Newton. But to say that I didn’t hang my head in shame or throw my hands up in frustration would be a lie. If a fan makes it personal with a player, that is troubling. Hopefully, people haven’t singled King and others out when they’ve seen them in public. On the other hand, when I say the TEAM sucked last Thursday, don’t take it personal. It’s just the truth.

27. The Office
    4:28 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

6) and 12)

Please stop donating. I think we will be just fine without your little nugget of money. Jackass.

28. 3 fan
    4:28 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

The difference between King and Cobb is that Cobb had the stats to back the talk. Not King. He needs to STHU and catch the damn ball.

29. Wildcatfan1881
    4:29 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Players get a free ride based on there talent to get an education or even a chance to go pro. So they need to suck it up and catch passes thats what hes here for. Stop being a baby. If he wants to be mad , he should be mad at himself.

30. wheeler
    4:30 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Leave the Butter at in the kitchen this week and nobody will talk S#1+!!!

31. tim
    4:32 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

18 is right. Fans should care. They support the program with dollars. And besides, I think he only took a small part of the heat. People I talk to seem more pissed at Joker than anyone.

32. Keith
    4:32 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

He can kiss my white Scotch-Irish-Cherokee Tush!! Shut up and play the damn game MORON

33. Buzzard
    4:35 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

So King doesn’t care what the fans say? I guess he also doesn’t care that 70 thousand fans pay to watch him drop balls. Let your playing do the talking young man. Catch the damn ball! And UK Football Fans are the best fans in all of spots. Period. UK football players should thank each and every one of them who pays good money to watch bad football.

34. cats11
    4:35 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

You mad bro?

35. LOL
    4:35 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Larod, guess who else doesn’t want to hear it? The fans. As long as they sell tickets to games and you drop passes you’ll hear it whether you like it or not. Make the play. There are 1,000 kids who would love to have the scholarship that can drop pass after pass just as well as you.

36. Bulldawg
    4:36 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

He should be mad, but not at the fans. The fans didn’t drop a perfect pass. It’s not ok to say I catch the ball all the time in practice against your “buddies” and suck during games. if LaRod thinks it’s ok to do well in practice and absolutely SUCK during the games then after he is done at UK, he will become “just a fan” because he “dropped” his opportunty to play at another level. If I remember correctly, LaRod was talking a lot of smack before the season. If you can’t handle a little smack talk then don’t dish it out. I just hope he is like Keenan Burton and he responds in a positive way to his POOR performance. It seems to me that he is the first guy in line when people are passing out high fives and accolades but when he is on the wrong side of the fans, all the sudden they don’t matter. What a joke. You better GROW UP, RISE, or whatever, otherwise your career will follow your attitude all the way to the bottem.

37. dt
    4:36 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I don’t understand why the fans have the be “loyal” to wide receivers who cannot catch a ball. The fans love the Cats, just not some of these horrible performances. Mr. King has a right to complain, however he would be better served by practicing his tail off and focusing on his own game. He suggests this in his quote, which is admirable.

38. Chuck Norris
    4:38 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

32)What, so he’s an indentured servant now?

39. Huff
    4:40 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

The fact that there is no comeback to the now viral statement of WKU’s Andrew Jackson “They s’pose to be SEC!” should tell you why the fans are pissed. Next time, instead of focusing on what to fire back at the pissed off fanbase, realize that maybe, JUST MAYBE, the ball that you let sail right through your hands would’ve prevented it to begin with.

Central Michigan strategy for Saturday – 1st play of every UK drive, pull all defensive backs and stack every defensive player on the line. Joker’s going to run it up the middle. And in the 2 plays where he decides differently, the receivers will drop it anyway. Or Newton will tackle himself.

40. MtnCat
    4:41 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

So this is focus and preparation?

41. BravoBigBlue
    4:43 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

If this team continues to play like it did most of last year and again vs Western, L-Rod and the rest of the team won’t have to worry about the fans. Because they’ll be playing in a mostly empty Commonwealth Stadium. The fanbase is sick and tired of paying for and watching pathetic football year after year.

42. Don
    4:43 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

He should shut up and catch the damn ball.

43. Joe
    4:43 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

when he actually makes a play then i will care what he has to say

44. ukfastkat
    4:45 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

OK,former UK full-ride jock here.
    LaRod, when you suck, which you and your offensive teammates did, you need to be accountable. You are a Senior. You are supposed to be a LEADER. You know your team and coaches are counting on you. You certainly want to hear the praises from fans, media and coaches when you perform up to your potential. You will hear it when you don’t. Man the eff, up, dude and catch the fricking football. Spend your tweeting time on extra reps with your QB. Ask your coaches how they can help you. MY coaches were always quick to remind me that excuses are like A-holes. Everyone has one.
    Shut up and let your performance on the field be your statement for the rest of the season.
    You are an excellent athlete.
    Prove it on the field and all the coaches and fans who criticize you for that inferior effort against an inferior opponent will rally to your side immediately.
    You are a starting wideout for an SEC football team.
    Act like it!

45. pji
    4:45 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

He obviously does care what the fans think, or he wouldn’t feel the need to go on Twitter and defend himself. I think it is fine he is taking up for the team, but back it up with some better play.

46. MyOldKentuckyHome
    4:48 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Think it was immature and inadvisable to put that on his twitter feed.

UK fans have put up with more horrible football in our lives than many less rabid fans. It’s our team too and we want better than what we saw against WKU. If the players themselves don’t then we are really in trouble.

47. OneAndDone
    4:50 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

LaRod, you just lost a fan. Make a play and then talk $hit to the fan base chump….

48. thats budda
    4:51 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Make plays my man. A lot of fans are like the wind , don’t make the play and the wind will blow against you, but make the plays and the wind will be with you. I don’t want to hear how good everything is going and how well everyone is practicing in a closed practice. Show us in the game and we will be with you. Go Cats, EFF Tennessee

49. Jason
    4:52 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

King is 100% justified in his feelings, and probably censored what he should have said about our ignorant fans.

50. TheWaitFor8
    4:55 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

For arguments sake, if a company has a terrible qtr, don’t the investors have a right to be pissed? I’m not bailing on the team but you’re a WR dude, catch the ball. If they can’t take the heat when they play terrible how the hell do expect to make it after college? You’re going to get pissed at the fans for getting mad at the team? Hypocrite. Love the cats, doesn’t mean I can’t be critical.

51. Cat's Balls
    4:56 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

The fans pointed out that the ‘Cats sucked against Western. We did suck, especially after the annual deluge of August football hype. So, La’Rod is going to pout because the fans pointed out the obvious. That’s great. Go ahead and pout. If the rest of the team feels that way it’s gonna be a long, long season. The Western game should have been a romp. Every player on UK’s sideline should have gotten some playing time because we should have been ahead by 40 at halftime. That’s why you schedule a far weaker school as the first game of the season, so you can get game film on everybody. We failed monumentally in that objective. So, La’Rod, pout. Blame the loss on the fans. We don’t know how hard you work. We don’t know what goes on behind the locker room door. Well boo effin’ hoo. I’ll tell you what we will know, how badly your ass is getting kicked in the remainder of the schedule if somebody doesn’t figure out how to get some real leadership on this team. I’m looking at you, Joker.

52. Vick
    5:01 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Good comment 45. I agree, he is human and he’s just a 20 something year old kid so you need to give him some slack. BUT his and the entire offensive performance sucked! You want people to get off your back then perform. If not. Quit! That’s the ups and downs of playing football at a SEC school. Do your job and the fans will love you. If you don’t the fans won’t. It’s just like real life. You perform at work and you get raises and promotions. You don’t. You get fired! So kid, all I can say is suck it up and do better!

53. Jason
    5:01 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Who caught our only TD pass?

Just saying…..

54. Pitiful
    5:03 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

King you are on full scholarship so you are expected to be able to catch a football. The fans pay good money for season tickets and BBN is top 25 in attendance despite your team finishing 2-6 every year in conference. I guess you would like it better if the fans showed up according on the talent of the team. So count your blessings you have a full stadium of people wanting you to win. Don’t blame it on the fans you can’t catch a football

55. ThatsAShame
    5:07 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

51 – the business model cite is exactly what is wrong with both situations. Instant results. Invenstors what instant returns or they panic. Fans want results evertime or they panic. One bad game but we won.
    At what point have we become angry about winning? Not winning pretty enough? Not executing cleanly? We won.
    Consider this. What if the offense breaks out and does no wrong next game. Perfect execution 55+ points and we loose. What then? At the end of the day it is the W that counts.

56. Coyote Hunter
    5:08 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Use your thumbs to catch the ball…not send out immature tweets. haven’t you learned that sending out messages like this only gets you in trouble? Embarrassing to say the least

57. UK Wildcat
    5:11 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

And THIS guy is supposed to be a leader to the team? Great leadership, La’Rod. He can get the hell out as far as I’m concerned.

58. zbishop24
    5:11 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I have been a season ticket holder for 13 years, still go to (and stay for) every game. But if you want respect you have got to earn it. Yeah we hit the panic button. Your an SEC reciver, just do what your supposed to do and catch the balls that fall into your hands. And now that your attacking the fans, if you still don’t produce (which I honestly believe that this can’t be corrected overnight) I hope the fans give you even more hell. I mean you all talk about #winning championships but the you complain when the fans complain. How do you think the Bama, Florida, Auburn etc.. recivers would take this. I think they would earn the respect before going off on the people that pay good money to see them.

59. CatsFaninLex
    5:13 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

#53…only when he was WIIIIIIDE open and the game was pretty much settled. I could have caught that.

60. Holden McGroin
    5:17 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I don’t blame him at all. Total over-reaction to that game by the”so-called” fanbase. I’m glad i don’t have a kid playing football at UK. Bunch of bandwagon jumping know-it alls. As if you could do better. They are just kids. How do you think they are supposed to react? That was their first game together, they won, and still you pile it on. Uncalled for and Classless, just classless. BTW it doesn’t help that KSR writers keep bringing it up–DAILY.

61. Catsantonio
    5:17 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

If it takes the fans to piss him off and catch the ball then great. He has 11 more games to prove it to that he belongs out there.

#catchtheball

62. Zack
    5:18 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

King. I hate to say this because I like Joker. But he is SOFT. If you were on any other SEC team (with exception to Vandy). You would have been chewed out by your coach and even more by the fan base. And your starting position would have already been taken.

63. Jeff
    5:21 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

WHY WHY WHY post this stuff?!?!? What good does it do? Most football fans knew this was said already..So let’s make another post on here to draw negative attention to the football team. Lets give a platform for our bball only fans to bash the kid somemore. Seems to be the KSR model. He is pissed, we are pissed…lets get pissed together at the next opponent and get this thing back on track…More football team bashing isn’t what we need Only thing we need now is a Drew Franklin article saying we suck followed by a recruiting story for Ledo in which we can all say how we can’t wait for his decision day or whatever….SUPPORT THE FOOTBALL TEAM!!

64. Set Hike!
    5:24 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

65. Catsantonio
    5:25 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

60. It’s not intramurals brother — THIS IS SEC FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

66. Cat's Balls
    5:25 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

#55- Instant results? Who are you kidding? If this was the first year that Kentucky had ever fielded a football team you might have a point. It isn’t and you don’t.

67. FINK
    5:28 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I HATE UK FOOTBALL FANS TO LAROD! THE WORST FANBASE THAT SHOWS UP FOR GAMES IN THE COUNTRY. YOU GUYS SUCK AND LAROD HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY SO AND ANY PLAYER HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY IT, CUZ BBN SUCKS WHEN IT COMES TO CHEERING FOR FOOTBALL. 70,000 WITH 15,000 FOOTBALL FANS. THE REST OF YOU CAN GO TO HELL.

68. Notwiththosefellows
    5:29 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Everyone gets their panties in a wad soo quick.. Simply psychology here folks, negativity does no good here… No need in degrading him for what 99.9% of you all couldnt do even at his age.. A bunch of hypocrites around here.. King will work it out! Screw the negative nancys…

69. BCat75
    5:36 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

FreeMikeLeach

70. JackNicklaus
    5:37 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

No snap reaction here…this is just another game that we came in totally unprepared, uninspired and dull. Saw it way too many times over the last year. Thank goodness we had an All-American (Cobb) or else it would have been pretty ugly then too.

71. SagaciousMind
    5:41 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I agree that many fans went ape shit for no reason. But King better care about the fans cuz if we dont watch you, you dont have a football team. King, you are a junior wide out who has logged minutes every year. If you cant catch the damn ball when its right in your hands, then maybe you shouldnt be a receiver. Sounds like different players need to be in the locker room. Ones that actually seem to care. In a way, I dont care if it was the first game. That performance by veteran receivers was terrible.

72. Zack
    5:47 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

# 60. Since when is 18-22 years olds just kids? These are grown ass men.

73. ukcatfannfl
    5:47 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

hey 67 – what makes it ok for him to yell at us? if he cant take the heat he needs to get out of the kitchen.

he screws up we yell
    he makes good catches we praise

simple!

74. John
    5:51 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Why is everybody so optimistic? This has been going on for years. I am a die hard UK football fan. This is UK FOOTBALL.

75. I don't care
    5:52 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I don’t care that he doesn’t care about us not caring.

76. BlueFins
    5:53 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

This turd does not have the talent to be “level 9 Pissed”, he’d be lucky to get to Level 1. What he needs to do is shut his face, and use some of that energy he’s got to catch the damn ball.

77. Bill
    5:55 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

La’rod. Respond on the field. Not on the internet.

78. UK DEFENSE
    5:59 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Did you guys forget about me??? I played well!

79. JPhelps
    6:05 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

74. Word.

LaRod, catch the damn ball!

80. Hard Hittin' CAT
    6:10 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

He should not care what the fans think because if he listened to them he would learn that most of them yelling at him are idiots. They know what they need to work on and if they need to hear about their mistakes, that is what the coaches are there for. The fans are there to support them and give them a boost by cheering and rooting them on, not to boo and try and make the kids on the field discouraged.

GO CATS!!!

81. blue reefcat
    6:10 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Without a doubt as a season ticket holder and financial donor, I have the right to complain about lackluster effort and hands that are coated with grease. That was one sorry display of D1 football. I still support my team and will be at every game. La’rod needs to man up and catch the damn ball.

82. Coyote Hunter
    6:17 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

How many followers on Twitter does he have? Outside of his family, maybe 3?

83. Phil
    6:18 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

King needs to worry about catching the damn football.

84. J Size
    6:19 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Gah what is the deal with UK football players hating their fans? They should be humbled that the BBN faithful still show up to games and actually give a rat’s behind about the program! King’s quote makes it sound like the team wants nothing to do with the fan base. Reality is that we give to a program that gives little back, when we could truly skip football and only talk about basketball. And we do it because we love our team, even when they suck!

85. blitzedanddazed
    6:26 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

King sounds like he would better off playing for a fellow “whiner” like Charlie Strong.
    If I was Joker I put King so far back on the depth chart he would be carrying the flipping water bottles out the players during timeouts.

86. Eunich
    6:29 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

La’Rod King is a joke. UK FOOTBALL is a joke. JOKER is a joke. Morgan Newton is a joke.

3 wins will be a miracle this year.

GO BIG BLUE!!

87. Bigbluecalizone
    6:34 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Check it out Mr. King. Ain’t hating on you guys cause you lost to Bama or LSU,,,,Catch the friggin ball when it hits you right between the numbers, at least every now and then. Pray to Jesus that you were not playing against a team that had any talent on defense…that’s all I’m saying. Give us SOMETHING to root for and we will.

88. Joe big blue
    6:34 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Well, someone won’t be invited to the legends game. What an idiot. He sucked. He knows it, we know it, joker knows it. Why can’t he man up and get over it and work at doing better

89. tootie
    6:34 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

LaRod has no place to speak like Cobb did last year. King cant catch shit and needs to shut his damn mouth until he does.

90. ebell55
    6:54 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I went to the game and was not happy with the performance however when LaRod caught the TD I applauded. However the gentleman to my right who chanted Joker you suck and hey Joker get your head out of your a didn’t clap or unfoldb his arms. This is the type of fan who needs to be smacked in the mouth. Nothing good comes of tweeting about fans. I can’t stand the guy who thinks its his God given right to have an 8 and 4 or better football team.

91. Big Dude
    7:22 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Shut up and catch the ball kid. Joker needs to get his players to keep their mouths shut.

92. Laker Cat 18
    7:30 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Here’s a thought. Our defense had more catches (4 INT’s) than King did (2). YOU’RE A RECEIVER DUDE. Maybe we should switch our Secondary to our Wide Receiver spots and throw King on D.

93. Sheriff Buford T. Justice
    7:32 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

#FreeAaronBoyd

94. Boyd Baker
    7:52 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

It’s easy to see that he is frustrated with not playing well, and we are frustrated for his not playing well. If our receiving corps (him included) starts playing to their potential a lot of these issues will go away, and everyone will be happy again.

95. Huff
    7:59 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

To all of those questioning the fans who are angry and their loyalty…it’s one thing to offer blind loyalty. It’s another to care enough about the team to WANT them to improve and to recognize that the strides taken over several years under Brooks may have taken a GIGANTIC step backward in two years’ time. I support the Cats 100%, but at the same time I want to see them improve. The effort on the field last week warrants criticism.

And sorry. Talking about wanting to “rise” and compete for an SEC Championship is about as worthless as LaRod’s statement. Do the talking through actions on the field. Get fired up and inspire these guys to catch the gimmie passes (I’m looking at what should’ve been TD #1 for you LaRod). The fanbase saw what was offered this season amidst hype that going to a bowl game is simply not enough, and that we want to compete for the SEC Championship. Playing like we did against WKU (and then hearing reports that receivers are STILL dropping balls left in right in practice) won’t even get us to a bowl game. That’s not being a bandwagon fan. That’s giving a shit about your team.

96. Matrim
    8:00 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Wait, did Ms. Tyler make a Wheel of Time reference?

97. Matrim
    8:03 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Wait, did Ms. Tyler make a Wheel of Time reference? Or did Fake Gimel hack her account?

98. BoogieMonster
    8:19 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

STFU LaRod and catch a f-ing ball!! You are not Randall Cobb!

99. YoDaddy
    8:21 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

You have a WKU LB mocking your designation as an SEC team. Want to quiet detractors? Shut up and play like an SEC team.

100. UK Shutter Shades
    8:21 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I’m tired of people complaining about BBN not showing up for the Western game. As a current student, I am not going to drive down to Nashville to watch a low profile game that kicks off at 9:15 ET. The game ended around 1:00-1:30 a.m., add 3.5-4 hours onto that time and that puts you back into Lexington arond 5:00-5:30 a.m. on a SCHOOL NIGHT. I know we wanted to get the game on ESPNU but you can’t expect a ton of students to drive down to Nashville given those conditions.

101. UK Shutter Shades
    8:21 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I’m tired of people complaining about BBN not showing up for the Western game. As a current student, I am not going to drive down to Nashville to watch a low profile game that kicks off at 9:15 ET. The game ended around 1:00-1:30 a.m., add 3.5-4 hours onto that time and that puts you back into Lexington around 5:00-5:30 a.m. on a SCHOOL NIGHT. I know we wanted to get the game on ESPNU but you can’t expect a ton of students to drive down to Nashville given those conditions.

102. True Blue
    8:22 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I support this as a fan. We’re entitled to our opinions, but it’s best if our players let them roll off their backs. It’s easy to be an armchair critic, whether you donate to the program or not. If you’re not REALLY a part of the team, then your opinions shouldn’t mean shit to the players. Players that care about what their fan base says too much either get too cocky or lose confidence. End of story. It should be about fans embracing players in up and down times. Venting about the players on the internet really doesn’t help a damn thing – people simply feel entitled to do so.

Regular person+Audience+Anonymity=”SH!TC0CK!”

103. Angry Cat Fan
    8:28 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Hey LaRod, how would “your team” like to play in front of an empty crowd at Commonwealth? I bet you like that scholarhip that pays for you to go to school too clown. I lost all respect for this punk

104. bluetexan
    9:39 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Catch the ball and shut the F-up…

105. Oh well
    9:53 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

I’m not arguing the fact the play was terrible. I’m not even saying that he shouldn’t have to hear it a bit when he stinks it up. I’m simply saying that attacking him personally and calling him a peice of shit is way outta line and shows how truly pathetic you r if your whole week and life for that matter depends on how he played!! Lmao That is truly sad!!

106. blue brains
    10:07 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

LaRod, stop dicking the team with dropped passes. Your teammates hate you.

107. Justin G.
    10:14 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

The funny thing is, that if the opinions of the fans did not mean anything to him, then he would not have made a comment like that. I think he is angry at himself for the bad game they played last thursday, but instead lashes out at the UK fan base, probably because the stadium was not packed, and it gave him a method of venting. Well, the problem is that they played their opener on a Thursday night, at 9 pm in Nashville, Tennessee, so the fans should not be called out for UK’s decision to plan a game at the worst possible time. I love how UK was 25th in attendance last year, but, players like Cobb and King cry about not being supported. If you look at the teams ahead and behind UK in the rankings, you will find teams that win at a higher level, year in year out. So, sorry guys, for not being able to support our team that historically underachieves, to the standards you guys have. If UK wants a fan base like Alabama, then maybe they could try and perform like them. I think our fan-base is quite remarkable, for the results we get.

108. Justin G.
    10:15 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

The funny thing is, that if the opinions of the fans did not mean anything to him, then he would not have made a comment like that. I think he is angry at himself for the bad game they played last thursday, but instead lashes out at the UK fan base, probably because the stadium was not packed, and it gave him a method of venting. Well, the problem is that they played their opener on a Thursday night, at 9 p.m. in Nashville, Tennessee, so the fans should not be called out for UK’s decision to plan a game at the worst possible time. I love how UK was 25th in attendance last year, but, players like Cobb and King cry about not being supported. If you look at the teams ahead and behind UK in the rankings, you will find teams that win at a higher level, year in year out. So, sorry guys, for not being able to support our team that historically underachieves, to the standards you guys have. If UK wants a fan base like Alabama, then maybe they could try and perform like them. I think our fan-base is quite remarkable, for the results we get.

109. Joker says
    10:16 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

My Grandmother can catch the ball better than L’aR’oD. Catch the damn ball and people will stop bitching at you…keep dropping pass after pass after pass after pass after pass and people will keep bitching! It’s just that simple.

110. duh
    10:19 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

?

111. L Kings Hands
    10:23 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Im sorry,, but I didnt give a flyin fart about catching the ball.. I was posing for my highlight poster that imma order when we finish dead last in the SEC….SEC….SEC.. lol.

112. mkalg
    10:45 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

55. Your assessment is wrong regarding the business model comment. Short term investors want the immediate return. Any investor wants to know that the business is heading in the right direction so that there will be a return on investment. Joker’s business model doesn’t look good right now. All I heard on this site earlier this year was how well UK did in recruiting. Really??? Apparently everyone was happy Joker got most of who He recruited, however, no one looked at the talent rankings. 3 stars will never compete with 5 stars; period. There is no need to respond to King’s comments. He knows how he and the team performed. I personally don’t believe there is a huge talent gap between UK and WKU. I don’t understand how anyone who knows anything about football can expect this team to seriously compete in the SEC. I love the team and UK, but until we get someone who can seriously recruit, we will never achieve a upper level in the SEC; any conference for that matter.
    Same is true in basketball, only difference is we have the powerhouse recruiter in basketball.

113. 2020
    11:16 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

Has any UK player addressed Andrew Jackson’s “they s’posed to be SEC” slander? Probably not because they don’t have an answer. Instead, they attack their own fans’ legitimate criticism. Classy.

114. DB11
    11:29 pm September 7, 2011 Permalink

how about you beat Florida or Tennessee and end those embarrassing losing streaks, or win games you’re supposed to win (im looking at you, ole miss game), not get blown out by a 6-6 team on your own field (georgia), not get your asses embarrassed by a sub bar “itty bitty east” team in a pathetic bowl game, or for once actually live up to the hype of an sec team. im sick of uk fans, im sick of people that don’t know football, and at the same time im sick of defending uk football. im a football fan for a “basketball school”. and i guess that means i care for the wrong sport, which is absurd to me. if kentucky fans gave two s#!ts about football we wouldnt be where we are. its the same crap every year, play cupcake teams, get lucky in a few sec games (yeah, im calling that usc game luck), make a weak bowl, and somehow come out the next year talking about winning 8 games. how about we stop being a basketball school and just be a damn school with excellent athletics. ohio state, florida, unc, and more excel at both, so why are uk fans so stupid to think that one is enough. if you claim to be a kentucky fan, then youre a kentucky football fan as well. and while its fine to criticize your team, you stick with them, and if it doesnt work out, you change things up (joker if i see another “flat” game ill lose all faith in you). im ranting, ive made about 5 points but whatever, who will read this crap anyways

115. ?
    12:12 am September 8, 2011 Permalink

duh

116. Children of the Carnies
    12:12 am September 8, 2011 Permalink

There are a few sad fools in this thread. If you beat down a college kid b/c you feel like “you paid for the right” maybe you should buy a blow up doll and beat it to death.

Here’s the reality, as fans – we get to bitch about our team and stew over what we would do differently.

As players, they get to play and bitch at each other – and on occasion, respond to fans in defense of all they have – which is their team.

But you don’t get to respond to their bitching at you – nor should you, really you shouldn’t. Other than paying a few dollars (if that) for a few hours of entertainment – you have no real investment – but they do.

I laugh LOUDLY at the supposed fans that are convinced that a kid, whom they have never met, “owes” them something.

Some of ya’ll need to find something in your life that has meaning – that you actually have a stake in, ’cause beating on college athletes really isn’t going to prove to be very fulfilling.

117. BigBlueBlood
    12:34 am September 8, 2011 Permalink

Most of you fan’s should be embarrassed, and so should King. Sure fans are frustrated, we expected the team we love to come out and POUND a WKU squad that has one 2 games in the last 2 years. It didn’t happen but what did happen is the Wildcats left with a W. Sure it wasn’t pretty but you can’t honestly think that UK is going to put that kind of product on the field all year. Look at other teams…top 25 teams…that struggled and ended up taking home a loss (Notre Dame, TCU, etc.) UK could be in their shoes but they are not. Come on people if you’re going to say you BLEED BLUE then do it and wait another game or two before you start ripping the team. Blue on Blue crime is not OK.

118. Andre Riddick's Love-child
    12:42 am September 8, 2011 Permalink

#44 – Took the words out of my mouth

119. Y
    8:53 am September 8, 2011 Permalink

The kid got his feelings hurt because the fans called him out on dropping passes? I’m sure that he cares when we are praising him, but can’t take criticism. Dude, the BBN has been here and gone through the highs and lows, we travel better than any fan base in the nation, and we approach each season with blind optimism. You better believe that we’ll call you out when you are not doing your job. Suck it up and catch the damn ball!

120. Will Corbett
    9:09 am September 8, 2011 Permalink

I’ll always be a fan, but it looks as though our football program is going to hell. Maybe Thursday was just a bad day, i was impressed with the defense though. I know we are a basketball city but UK needs to start throwing resources to football too.

121. josh
    9:17 am September 8, 2011 Permalink

La Rod is about like Obama, a lot of talk and no action. Get ur head out of ur anus and play ball.

122. josh
    9:20 am September 8, 2011 Permalink

La Rod is about like Obama, a lot of talk and no action. Get ur head out of ur tail and play ball!

123. Chum~p
    10:32 am September 8, 2011 Permalink

They played bad, but in the end they got the W. Let them lose a game before you say how bad they are.

124. Professor
    11:15 am September 8, 2011 Permalink

I once saw LaRod drop his pencil in class … then it kept happening over and over again

125. CatchTheBall
    11:47 am September 8, 2011 Permalink

King needs to stop worrying about the fans and catch the ball. when you suck, the fans will be upset. Welcome to UK

126. UK Fan
    1:51 pm September 8, 2011 Permalink

If he had made the plays that Cobb made, then I would probably listen. But buddy ive been a fan through all the bad years and the recent good years. We as fans have every right to say what we want. We pay to watch. Deal with it. Get Better.

127. Pawpaw