Lamb Scores 16 Against Teague and the Bulls

It wasn’t a great performance today for Marquis Teague in this year’s NBA Summer League, but Doron Lamb had a great day for the opposing Milwaukee Bucks. Lamb entered today’s game averaging 13.3 ppg in three games this summer and today he improved that average with a 16 point performance, helping to lead the Bucks to a 113-68 win over Teague’s Bulls. Teague entered today’s contest averaging 11.8 ppg in four games, but only scored 6 this afternoon. On the bright side, Teague had three assists and only one turnover, with very, very little talent around him. I would suspect that Teague will go through a developmental process in the NBA next year, just as he did at Kentucky, but I would expect the bulldog to be a major contributor by playoff time for the Bulls next season. Lamb, Jones, and Kidd-Gilchrist though have all shined early in the Summer League, which you can take for whatever you believe it to be worth.

Click here for highlights of the Bulls-Bucks game. If you only want to see Doron Lamb and you do not want to look at highlights of John Henson, Tobias Harris, or a dunk by a Duke player, skip ahead to the 00:50 mark.

Article written by John Wilmhoff

Former beer vendor, college mascot and ESPN editor. This spring, you can also find me blogging about the Reds on blogredmachine.com. Follow me on Twitter: @JohnWilmhoff

7 Comments for Lamb Scores 16 Against Teague and the Bulls

1. Wooderson
    9:22 pm July 22, 2012 Permalink

Alright, alright, alright!

2. COBB SALAD
    9:24 pm July 22, 2012 Permalink

There is no 00:50 mark. (???)

3. WINNIN9
    9:33 pm July 22, 2012 Permalink

Hey don’t be mad at me anyone but I tried to buy one of the football mini packages and it requested a donation to the K Fund. That’s where they getcha.

4. John Wilmhoff
    9:34 pm July 22, 2012 Permalink

#2, I think I may have linked the wrong video. It should be fixed to the right one now. This one: http://www.nba.com/video/games/bucks/2012/07/22/1521200058_chi_mil_play1.nba/

5. BravoBigBlue
    9:58 pm July 22, 2012 Permalink

Milwaukee Bucks is such a booooooring franchise. Just look at how bland that piture is. Get out of there Doran.

6. James K
    11:51 pm July 22, 2012 Permalink

Teague was awful on Friday. We were sitting with some Bulls fans, and I was pitching Marquis’ game to them, assuring them that he would be a solid PG, albeit not an all-star, and then he goes out and lays a huge egg. I know he’ll get the hang of it, but it didn’t help that he was mouthing back to the officials for a lot of the game. It was an eye opening thing for me, because I had never sat close enough to hear this stuff, and we heard every single word.

Also, my buddy and I were lucky enough to chill with a Cavs scout for a while and have a beer, and he said that his job is specifically to monitor the high school and college game. He told us that he would be very surprised if Jabari ended up picking Kentucky, and he also shocked us when he said that Kelenna Azubuike was ‘dumped on them’. I ended up sounding like a homer for a lot of it, because I argued with him about how good Darius and Kelenna actually are. Fun times.

7. louisvillelaw22
    7:40 am July 23, 2012 Permalink

Not a Duke player. Nevada player.