Laettner and Feldhaus will reunite to talk UK/Duke in Cincinnati

davislaettnertweet
Heck no, I’m not using a picture of “The Shot”

Still have unresolved feelings about “The Shot” from ’92? (Deep down, don’t we all?) If you feel like a therapy session, Christian Laettner and former Cat Deron Feldhaus are going to reunite to talk it out at the Holy Cross High School “Sports Night” on October 19th in Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati.

In case you are too young to remember and you close your eyes during every clip of it during March Madness, Feldhaus guarded Laettner on “The Shot,” and well, you better know the rest by now. This will mark the first time the two have been together since that night back in 1992.

4977_1376564707

The website for the event even has a poll for fans to vote for their favorite player, with a $1 donation for each vote. Right now, Laettner’s in the lead, 51-3, which I can only imagine means he is voting for himself. If you really love Kentucky, hate Laettner, like to dominate polls, or just want a fun way to donate to Covington’s Holy Cross athletics program, go check it out.

…But guys, it’s actually the University of Kentucky…not Kentucky University.

18 Comments for Laettner and Feldhaus will reunite to talk UK/Duke in Cincinnati

1. gasman
    4:06 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

Where is Kentucky University?

2. The anti cat
    4:13 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

One last zinger from duke . haha!

3. Boob in the Media
    4:15 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

So, Matt reported another false rumor on his radio show yesterday by sayin The Fridge was dead. Just another boner by Jones.

4. Geography
    4:16 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

Paul Brown Stadium is in Cincinnati, OH not Covington, KY

5. Michael F. Jox
    4:16 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

Haha. How pathetic? I’m guessing this is Laettner’s only way of staying relevant.

6. Do whut?
    4:29 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

If you’re an hour up the interstate and the best you can do is “Kentucky University” I think I’ll keep my buck. That’s pathetic and insulting. Who came up with the promo? A first year immigrant cafeteria worker?

7. Bob Cobb
    4:43 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

Wait… someone was allegedly guarding Laettner when he hit the shot?

8. DaleBrown
    4:46 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

#7 Exactly what I was thinking…

9. CatsInTheNBA
    4:48 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

Feldhaus did not guard Laettner on that final shot… NO ONE did. That was the problem. The Unforgettable were all just standing around.

10. Crossback !
    5:02 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

Paul Brown Stadium is certainly in Cincinnati, and Holy Cross is certainly in Covington, Ky (actually a little ‘berg called Latonia, pervious home to the now defunct Latonia Horse track)… the school is a good one and they hold their fundraiser at the stadium , i believe in the club level common area. Definitely a school that fits the “Little Engine that Could” model. GO INDIANS !

11. Crossback !
    5:03 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

How on earth the “Kentucky University” typo made it is don’t know … there are a ton of UK fans in the boosters.

12. Do whut?
    5:20 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

#10 a little hyperbole on my part. I’m sure it’s worth the buck. I’m also sure it was the little, out of touch, old lady in the office that came up with that one.

13. Chaz
    5:26 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

Just go away Chris-you made a wide open jumper from a step behind the free throw line and Duke won. It’s over. Why is your shot more important than: (going back a lot)

1) 1969-Al McGuire trash talked Aldoph Rupp – My guard will get the tip-off over Issel. I watched on b/w TV when Dean Meminger (6’0″”) out jumped Dan in the ’69 Regional semi’s in Wisconsin for the tip off. We never recovered. Marquette won 81-74.

2) 1970- Dan Issel vs Artis Gilmore. Was supposed to be a matchup of the big guys, but the game was lost when a guard, Rex Morgan, slipped behind Issel at mid-court after a UK made basket. Issel, Pratt, Larry Steele, and Mills also fouled out in that game. We ended up losing 106-100 without most of our starters. That was the last chance for a Jabbar/Alcindor vs Issel match. I also think a young Coach K used this game as a blueprint.

3) 1961- Jerry Lucas, OSU teammate with John Havlicek (and Bobby Knight ?), sealed the deal with a hook shot in the lane. OSU also beat UL 56-55 in tourney same year.

My saddest UK losses of my youth. Any old timers out there there that have memories a #9 may relieve?

14. Darryl
    6:47 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

#13 Alcindor was in the NBA when UK lost to Jacksonville in 1970.

15. Chaz
    9:29 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

#14 – You’re right, UCLA won the NC in69-70 season over Jacksonville. UCLA had Wicks & Rowe (who some sportswriters thought Chuck Hayes and Erik Daniels resembled as a front court duo), but no Alcindor/Jabbar. Maybe I just wanted to see the match up so badly.

16. bigcatstanding
    1:54 am August 16, 2013 Permalink

christian Laettner should have never been in the game at the end. Justin Timberlake was on the floor and Laettner saw him on the floor and stomped on his chest in plain view of God and everyone. the announcers that are normally Duke fans, was irate that they didn’t throw him out of the game. They never even called a foul much les a technical, so that’s what that picture is describing, not a last second shot but a stab in the heart. from that point forward he was 7 for 7 from the field, with an overall 10 for 10 from the field, while not missing a free throw. That absolutely was the game and we should be going for 10 this year not 9. And I say i’m over it, my therapist says I’m not over it yet lol. BBN OWNS DUKE ALONG WITH THE REST OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL.

17. Rockfield, KY
    8:10 am August 16, 2013 Permalink

16. Justin Timberlake you say? I always thought he was a Memphis guy.

18. bigcatstanding
    11:47 am August 17, 2013 Permalink

yeah his name was Justin Timberlake tall skinny guy for Kentucky laying on the floor while Christian Laettner was stomping on his chest.