Kyle Wiltjer visited Gonzaga yesterday

wiltjer-gonzaga

Kyle Wiltjer visited Gonzaga yesterday, one day after receiving his release from the University of Kentucky. The 2013 SEC Sixth Man of the Year was in Spokane to take in all the sights, sounds and Jesuits of Gonzaga’s campus as he tries to find a new home for his college basketball career.

Will he become a Bulldog soon?

Article written by Drew Franklin

42 Comments for Kyle Wiltjer visited Gonzaga yesterday

1. Mojo
    10:11 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

It would take him the entire transfer year to grow girl hair if he goes to Gonzaga.

2. callit
    10:18 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

I’d be willing to say that there is no way he goes anywhere but the Zags

3. Bomb
    10:25 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Photoshop is amazing

4. tyson
    10:26 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Not UK related, but a scathing article of our new neighbor up north, Urban Meyer.

5. Mack
    10:28 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Bulldog?

6. Chicago Chris
    10:31 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Kyle was primed to be my favorite next year. So selfish not to think of me.

7. Ridge Runner
    10:33 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Love this pic Drew. Literally laughed out loud!

8. jpbky2
    10:33 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

I would have to think that visiting Gonzaga would be like trading in your Mercedes Benz for a Kia. I’m sure Gonzaga has some nice facilities, but in no way compares to what he had. Flying charter flights to games, unmatched facilities and the new lodge. He just had all the pieces in place to succeed here, plus the benefit of being a Kentucky player after basketball. I wish him the best, but I really hope he thinks all the way through the decision.

9. Tosis
    10:34 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

That’s a sneaky good photoshop

10. Mike
    10:34 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, if he doesn’t go to Gonzaga, he’s back to Kentucky. But he won’t go anywhere else.

11. I Am Spartacus
    10:38 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Thank you.

12. Kyle Olynik
    10:39 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Is this Me?

13. Jason
    10:40 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Of course he is going to Gonzaga, no one else recuited him while he was on his trip to China.

14. UKfanNKY
    10:41 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

I really hope he stays @ KY his leadership will be needed just like Daruis Miller”s leadership in 2012. I realize his playing time will be minimal but look what Daruis did for us.

15. Jughead
    10:48 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Let’s not forget that Wiltjer gave up and pouted during several games last year.

Maybe Cal is not fond of quitters?

16. Wildcat Faithful
    10:56 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

So long as Kyle doesn’t go play for a rival it’s all good, the Zags are as far from being a BBN rival as you can get.
    PS: The ‘girly doo’ is very funny, good job! lol

17. Mc
    10:56 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Not all upperclassman are leaders. Each person is built differently. He may be able to provide perspective on his experience in the tournament. Being a junior does not make him a leader. I think a Freshman can lead. If they lead by example on the court to gain respect, and are vocal, others will follow.

18. garric
    10:58 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

#16 touched on it.. Last year the player i saw give up the most( just clearly dropped shoulders and gave in) was Wiltjer ,just watch last 7 minutes of Robert Morris game.. He is a kid so i wish him the best but i dont think he will ever be a ligitimate pro..Plus Drew he has decided Kentucky isnt for him, can we just wish him well and move on ..U are giving him more face time and positive press now then u did while he wanted to be a Cat.. Also #14 i agree lol acting like hes weighing his options is Idiotic. If he isnt recruited by Zags players on china trip this never would have come up..

19. niaps
    10:58 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

I have always liked Kyle and really liked how he played at Mississippi last year. He was the difference in that game with his play making and he was having a blast. That role he was in there was perfect for him and he could have played it a lot more for a team that had so much trouble scoring last year. Playing him only as a spot up 3 pt shooter was a mistake. Way to versatile to waste outside all the time.

20. GG Says
    10:59 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Why does this look natural for him?

21. DDt
    11:00 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

So should we raise Kyle’s Jersey in Rupps

22. catlogic15
    11:04 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

I believe the tv camera caught Wiltjer mouthing “f**k him”, in reference to a Calipari criticism during a game late in the season. He was already mentally gone at that point I think.

23. lonnieb
    11:04 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

@20 niaps……his only role is as a spot up shooter…not sure if you watched any other games except ole miss. He struggled to finish inside and on post moves. He was a great passer; however unable to get to where he needed to be to make the correct passes. I literally heard/saw all that hype from high school tapes showing the hook and post moves…..however I do not ever remember him working anyone with post moves and he never made the hook

24. Axe Cop
    11:05 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

Wow, that is some skill Drew. Took me a few moments to process that was shopped.

25. Cat89
    11:13 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

#4) yes off subject but thanks for the link. Obama should pick up Meyer on his staff. Chicago style strong arm tactics. You say anything against me, regardless of its truth and I come after you personally. Ohio State will win at any, I mean any cost under Meyer. Meyer will exhaust every resource to cover up his wrong doing and anyone caught trying to dig into it will be threatened just like that Orlando reporter was.

26. Gman
    11:59 am June 28, 2013 Permalink

I want to rub my dick all over Kyle Wiltjer’s face and give him a facial. I love effeminate looking dudes.

27. Big Blue 66
    12:00 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

glad for him if thats what he wants, but the Zags should get a slap on the wrist for the blatant tampering. Not bashing but he will make a solid living in europe somewhere after college. Too slow for the NBA

28. KG
    12:02 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

If Kyle is smart he’ll come to his senses and back to The Cats and redshirt next year.

29. Wildcatsteeler
    12:04 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

Good pic of him since he plays like a girl. And doesn’t have the cajones to battle it out against incoming FRESHMEN for the right to be on the court. Get lost sissy.

30. Wildcatsteeler
    12:10 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

@26 You teabaggers need to make up your mind. First Obama’s weak, your propaganda channel labels him “capitulater in chief.” I’m sure you’ll have to go look up capitulate. Now he’s a ganster-style thug “strong arming” people. Which reminds me of a recent administration that literally outed one of our own CIA agents, who was still undercover, to get revenge on her husband. Amazing how that didn’t bother you hypocrites.

31. AaronJ
    12:21 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

Great picture!

32. ShawnP
    12:22 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

Why is KSR paying attention to a quitter?

33. Gman
    12:27 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

Squirt!

34. mike
    12:28 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

31 sounds like one of those that just goes anyway the wind blows, would follow anyone.

35. Douggercats
    12:47 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

2 boys for evvvry girrrlll!!!!

36. RahRah
    12:47 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

Photo is genius! Lol for real.

37. Gman
    12:49 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

God I want to explode in his face!

38. Beatle Bum
    12:51 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

Spokane is a cool little town. Gonzaga is right on the river. I can see how that would be nice.

39. chickabowow
    1:02 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

Probably one of the best photoshops I’ve ever seen.

40. RealCatsFan
    2:30 pm June 28, 2013 Permalink

Love the pic, but them white dudes all look alike when you give them long hair and a headband. 🙂

41. classic