Kyle Wiltjer is going to China, eh

Wiltjer_Kyle_TV Head 12-13

Kyle Wiltjer will travel to China this week with Team Canada to get ready for this summer’s World University Games. The games will take place in Kazan, Russia on July 6-17.

Wiltjer has been training with Team Canada in Portland, Oregon. It looks like it has been going well…

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Kyle Wiltjer is going to China, eh

1. barn
    11:27 am June 5, 2013 Permalink

i bet he couldn’t do that if that kid was guarding him

2. Al/in/Indy
    11:37 am June 5, 2013 Permalink

1, he’ll be just fine

3. Lcat
    11:44 am June 5, 2013 Permalink

Go Kyle!! This tournament will give you an edge on the other players coming into the season. Get strong and God speed!

4. wait..
    11:58 am June 5, 2013 Permalink

why is team Canada training in Oregon?

5. CatsFan12
    12:02 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

4- Because all of their courts have ice over them for hockey most of the year.

6. RUPPS_rhetoric
    12:20 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

4) Wait… why did the Dominican Republic train in Lexington last summer??? Are you telling me Lexington is an annexation of the Dominican??? So Portland is an annexation of Canada?!? I guess that explains that Canadian flag flying in the Rose Garden, who knew?

7. Women Everywhere
    12:26 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

Well, hell, that was the problem last year…no back-court offense

8. MadTex
    12:37 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

About the only thing Kyle will learn is how to hand out towels and water bottles to his teammates…..

9. bbr
    12:48 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

barn – I bet he could and I bet he could make it with you guarding him

10. Cats, Cats, Cats
    1:18 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

I look for Kyle to have a junior season much more like his freshman season rather than this last one. Got better players surrounding him once again on who defenses are going to have to focus. Couldn’t hide him last year.

11. STEVE!
    1:29 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

I wish he was in Lexington working out\developing relationships with his teammates and some real competition for the next six weeks, but I wish him well with the Canadians and the Chinese.

12. Sam
    1:46 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

11: I’m not sure he won’t have excellent competition. Summer ball here is notorious for no defense, a lot like AAU ball, where it’s lackadaisical defense and let your man score. In China, you probably encounter guys going all out against you. But the relationship-building will be set back indeed.

13. Aaron Craft's Rosacea
    1:54 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

Wiltjer haters amaze me. If he works on his foot speed and overall strength he is going to be really solid next year. Plus he is 6’10” and can absolutely drain it.

14. RahRah
    5:27 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

Me too, #13. Championship kid.

15. The Spirit Of Jorts
    7:58 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

I can appreciate him wanting to represent his country, but I am inclined to think he would be better served staying and developing his body ala Jorts. He is never going to have breakaway speed, so developing strength is his best option. Add some muscle to that ability to shoot the hook and he becomes much more effective. Otherwise, he is always going to be limited to a pick and pop role.