Kyle Wiltjer and the Canadians beat Latvia

Screen shot 2013-06-10 at 9.03.41 AM

You might only be on your second cup of coffee, but over in China, Kyle Wiltjer and the Canadian developmental team have already taken Latvia to the woodshed, 82-40. Afterwards, Kyle tweeted “3-0 after beating Latvia today, headed to a new province in the morning” with the above picture.

Team Canada is now 3-0, with wins over China, Team USA and now, Latvia. They’re playing so well they’ve even earned their own little fan club:

Nice three goggles.

12 Comments for Kyle Wiltjer and the Canadians beat Latvia

1. Musehobo
    11:20 am June 10, 2013 Permalink

Kyle Wiltjer = Chinese Justin Beiber

2. Woody Allen
    11:29 am June 10, 2013 Permalink

I once tried to commit suicide by sitting next to a Latvian on a subway

3. Rockcastle cat
    11:47 am June 10, 2013 Permalink

This is a good experience for Kyle

While in China he will also study with Master Hung Lo and hopefully pick up some new kung-fu moves he can use under the basket

4. Saint Calipari for Pope
    11:55 am June 10, 2013 Permalink

that might be the least intimidating group of basketball players in the history of the world.

from left to right: lax bro, wiltj throwing “west-side” gane signs (really?), accountant who wishes he had been a surfer, struggling male model working as a server at Bertuccis to make ends meet

5. We Hang Banners
    12:00 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

Its what all our teams in the 40’s and 50’s looked like. hahahahahah

6. SeaCat
    12:11 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

What are Kyle’s stats?

7. Gotta ask
    12:33 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

Ask Kyle if he tried Cream of sumyungai soup. I don’t believe you can get it here in the US.

8. Scott Baio
    12:35 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

4 – The “west-side” gang sign has just made it to Canada. In Canadian Pop Culture it’s just now 1997.

9. Pingpong
    1:35 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

Asian kids are silly

10. Polson says
    1:38 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

I’m so jealous! I want to be Canadien!

11. Roy Combs
    1:41 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

I wondered why Kyle talked to Brady Heslip so much during the Baylor game at Rupp last season. Now I know.

12. LatvianMan
    2:32 pm June 10, 2013 Permalink

One day two Latvian men were fighting over a potato in the middle of dirt road. They pull potato and punch each other. Foreign man walk down road. The two men stop fighting as foreigner comes over. “Good men,” the man says “I have travel for hundred day and I am hungry. Do you have anything that I can eat?”
    The two Latvian men look at each other, and the first one hands him the potato. “Here,” says man “It’s what we have”
    “This is a rock” says the foreigner.
    “Are you sure?” asks second Latvian Man.
    “Yes,” says foreigner “Hold on, I think I have food.” The foreigner then takes a candy bar out of his pack and begins to open it
    “Hold up” says second Latvian man “I am famous politboro and I must take”
    “What’s a politboro?” says foreigner
    “For insulting and not giving up food I must take to gulag”
    “Have” says foreigner and gives candy bar
    “You may go now” says politboro man. The foreigner then walks away
    “Brother are you really politboro?” says the Latvian man
    “No, I have food now” says the brother.
    Little did they know that the candy bar is in fact a stick, and that the foreigner was local, was just suffering from being malnourished. And so, the company that presented this story shall all suffer, for that is the life of a Latvian.
    Such is life.