KSTV talks to Author of Book on Legendary 1992 Duke-UK Game

13 Comments for KSTV talks to Author of Book on Legendary 1992 Duke-UK Game

1. bluetooth
    3:42 pm January 9, 2012 Permalink

should be a good read

2. Tebow 3:16
    3:57 pm January 9, 2012 Permalink

Great interview Matt! It will hurt me but I think I am going to buy that book.

GO CATS!!

3. Calipari'sInYourEar
    4:35 pm January 9, 2012 Permalink

Why would you buy this?

That’s like knowingly paying to see Butterface Dills in a magazine.

4. Seneca
    4:46 pm January 9, 2012 Permalink

You know, I’d like to read the book, but the memories are just too painful. A book where 666 is a main character, I don’t think I can do it.

5. saki7
    5:06 pm January 9, 2012 Permalink

Lexington Public Library has ordered multiple copies…only 7 people on the waiting list so far.

6. RP_McMurphy
    5:44 pm January 9, 2012 Permalink

Horrid defensive game by UK. UK was slow and slower with basically a 4 on 5 with Richie Farmer in the game.

7. Daniel
    5:45 pm January 9, 2012 Permalink

I also had a chance to interview Gene: http://kydem.blogspot.com/2011/12/mini-interview-with-gene-wojciechowski.html

I’m in the third chapter right now and it’s a great read. Dare I say it but I have a newfound respect for Laettner especially reading how his family struggled to get by.

8. oldawgblue
    6:25 pm January 9, 2012 Permalink

I’ve always liked reading Wojciechowski’s stuff, so I had it on my Kindle on its release date. I mistakenly thought after all this time I could read it without becoming too emotional. I didn’t realize how raw some things remain, even after 20 years. It still hurts. But it is a good read with some insight in to the various central characters – especially the interaction between Laetner and Hurley. All in all, well worth the effort.

9. The Dude
    7:33 pm January 9, 2012 Permalink

The excerpt from the book posted on ESPN.com today mentions JERRY TIPTON butting in to pester Pitino with an accusatory question at dinner the night of Pitino’s first visit to Lexington. Even then Tipton was a hater. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7432671/how-rick-pitino-got-kentucky

10. Dr. Dre
    8:49 pm January 9, 2012 Permalink

Truly a game for the ages. It will certainly be an emotional read, but from the interview with Wojciechowksi, it sounds well worth picking up. I have to agree that I’ve come to respect the Laettner of today. Woj was right, too, in that UK was a winner that night.

11. J Hardin
    10:05 pm January 9, 2012 Permalink

Just watching those highlights got me teary eyed. My kids asked, “dad why are you crying?” still seems like it happened yesterday. I hope they have the same passion for UK that i do.

12. docmartin_10
    12:28 am January 10, 2012 Permalink

I still hate Laettner, and I was only 4 when this shot happened….

13. 2020
    12:53 am January 10, 2012 Permalink

Still don’t understand how this game changed basketball.