KSTV Semifinalist #10: Chris Morris

WKU student Chris Morris made it to the semifinals of the KSTV Casting Call with an online video submission. His reward for his hard work was a date with Matt and Tony Vanetti on the KSTV set to discuss the 2012 recruiting class. Is it time to be worried?

Ladies and gentlemen, Chris Morris…

Article written by Thomas Beisner

19 Comments for KSTV Semifinalist #10: Chris Morris

1. bob1378
    5:37 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

We already have one redneck with Jones, we don’t need another with this kid. Plus, let’s get an actual UK alumni instead of these hosers that go to different schools, yet suck off the Cats. If you love UK, go there. End of story. Seacrest out.

2. Blake
    5:43 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

I don’t wanna dog a guy cause I’m sure I’d lock up on television worse than the boom goes the dynamite kid but this guy must’ve had his stats in front of him for the video because the NBA rule change is a ridiculously huge long shot and may even go the other way and allow kids to enter the draft out of high school again. Also I hope he just slipped up and forgot that we’ve had three #1 classes in a row, not two, because that’s a very commonly known fact among college basketball fans, especially BBN. Like I said, I’d do much worse but a matt jones counterpart has to do much better.

As far as worrying about the class of 2012, of course we’re all concerned. Not necessarily to the point of panic yet because the majority of the top 20 recruits are still undecided. I think worse case scenario, well grab a five star big man because there are too many available for uk to not snag one, and a five star wing because the DDMO puts guys in the league, period. Then we fill in the rest with lesser known guys but guys that have the skillset to develop under Cal. Garb a couple jorts and Liggs that play a big role in winning our 9th and 10th. Best case scenario, Cal is who we thought he was and we get our fourth in a row, headlined by shabazz, Archie, Coleman and ledo!!

Either way we’ll survive when you throw next years class in with Wiltjer and either lamb or Teague and RH. But yes, we’re all concerned or else the main topic on every uk blog wouldn’t be “should we be concerned?”, and everyone in BBN reading the articles to see how scared everyone else is.

3. SexnNursinHomes
    5:45 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

Morris, ya lost when Matt hit ya on assumptions.
    3 rules to bull sh*tin’

1. When b.s’ing numbers, b.s an exact amount.
    2. When b.s’ing explanations, b.s ambigiously
    3. When b.s’ing, cross your fingers and hope they buy that sh*t

4. NKYCatFan
    5:53 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

Sweet Lord, I’ve seen towns built quicker than this contest…..

5. Troy
    5:53 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

First off, Matt Jones went to Duke so just because the kid goes to WKU doesn’t mean anything. Second off the NBA is in a Lock Out and Matt Jones himself said they might have players stay in college for 2 years. Why be worried about the 2012 class, when the 2013 looks like Kentucky is dominating. Where was the bull sh*tin in this video? Cut the kid a break I thought he did fairly well.

6. SexnNursinHomes
    5:57 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

5- he did a fairly good job. When Matt threw the assumption thing he lost his momentum. bull shitt*in is what saves your ass.

7. cats11
    6:05 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

1 – That is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. The dumbest thing I’ve heard all day. Congrats.

8. Al
    6:30 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

Not smooth, sharp, confident, charismatic enough…pass

9. Tuesday Night at the Louisville Gardens
    6:39 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

i thought he did alright, from a common fans perspective…2012 class is going to be fine

10. Tony Radden
    6:57 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

Any chance you’ll show MY video this round? I’m guessing probably not, but as one of the final 15, it would be nice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAJTamsqE7M

11. Umm
    7:22 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

I really haven’t seen anyone who didn’t stumble and make any coherent thoughts.

Might as well give Kige the job.

12. wvrefugee
    8:17 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

Chris is a super good boy! I had him in school in Shelby County!!

13. Lex07
    10:39 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

8.) Maybe not. But he is smooth enough to fit in with the other guys. What show do you think he is auditioning for?

14. PillowTalk
    11:11 pm July 6, 2011 Permalink

1. You are a complete idiot.

You can be a fan of a college team and not attend college there.

There are any number of reasons someone would go somewhere else.

1. UK may not have had the program he wanted
    2. WKU may have given him more money
    3. It may be closer to home.

regardless that was a dumb thing to say

15. Blake
    4:29 am July 7, 2011 Permalink

Could someone agree or disagree with my comment at #2 so I can feel better about myself. I post on here all the time and have never had a single positive or negative response which makes me wonder if they’re even showing up on the post. I feel so left out when I never get told I’m a complete idiot or a genius. It’s like being the last kid to be picked for kickball except one team just plays a man short because they didn’t realize there was another feller there to play

16. SexnNursinHomes
    6:36 am July 7, 2011 Permalink

15- great post man. keep on posting

17. Mr. WhatYou'reReallyThinking
    8:38 am July 7, 2011 Permalink

Can we just give it to the chic and be done with it? At least she’s easy on the eyes

18. Blake
    10:43 am July 7, 2011 Permalink

Can I get a critique on my thoughts on #2 please? I did it partly because of an assignment and partly because I’m obviously very interested in the topic as a life long BBN member. So if someone could either tell me I’m an idiot or a genius I’d appreciate it. Or do I have to say something as ridiculous as #1 to get a reaction

19. Kyle
    11:18 am July 7, 2011 Permalink

18- Don’t write essays. Thanks.