KSTV Casting Call Showcases the Talent

The final round of the KSTV Casting Call is in LOUISVILLE ON MAY 12 at SAM SWOPE HONDA WORLD from 8-11 am. It is your chance to become a Kentucky sports reporter and cover the Cats for the next year as one of Matt’s co-hosts on KSTV. We have already done casting calls in Florence and Lexington and have a number of semifinalists ready to move on to the next round of competition. But first we have to look at the Louisville group and get our final group of semi-finalists. To get a taste of the talent, here are two more gentlemen from the Florence round, one of whom is out to reclaim his family’s fortune:

First up was this youth minister who stood in a took some jabs from Will Mapes at the judges table:

And then there was the guy who bragged about his own good looks, which didn’t go over well with Matt.

You could be next, so make sure and come to Louisville for the tryout. You must be there sometime between 8-11 am, and then if you make the next round, be ready for your afternoon tv tryout. It is a lot of fun and I hope to see you there.

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for KSTV Casting Call Showcases the Talent

1. ColoradoCat
    9:19 pm May 10, 2012 Permalink

2. Shampoo
    9:33 pm May 10, 2012 Permalink

Yo these fools are whack. Especially the Graziano dude, could he be a bigger tight ass douche. Will was right on. I’ll be bringing the Thor hammer back in Louisville there Captian.

3. Mudcreekmark
    9:39 pm May 10, 2012 Permalink

That guy should have gotten the UK shaved in his neck hair instead.

4. Another Perspective
    9:57 pm May 10, 2012 Permalink

I the second dood was “Matt Jonesed” in that he was attempting (badly) to be tongue-in-cheek with his humor about his looks. Matt took it at face value (which would piss him off if someone did it to him). I thought the guy’s real personality showed that he was not arrogant or self-centered. He was pleasant and personable.

5. L
    10:20 pm May 10, 2012 Permalink

Me thinks Matt may have been jealous of Graziano’s good looks? Mean Girls comes to mind.

6. BigBuoy
    11:03 pm May 10, 2012 Permalink

Seems like you all were making more of a point to showcase people who actually did a good job by this point last year, as opposed to highlighting haircuts & debating dudes’ looks. Just sayin’…

7. Jen
    11:20 pm May 10, 2012 Permalink

Y’all are so mean (shampoo), at least the guy had personality and confidence unlike the others. Tight ass douche? You must be a louisville fan.

8. AlumniCat72
    12:32 am May 11, 2012 Permalink

I’ve watched all of the videos they’ve put out so far this year and Graziani looks like he has the most talent out of everybody. Besides, I would like to see someone take Matt Jones down a peg every once in awhile.

9. Highland
    6:15 am May 11, 2012 Permalink

Graziani’s next story will be his mom was Jared Lorezen teacher.

10. UK2K
    8:59 am May 11, 2012 Permalink

Graziani is by far the most likeable person I’ve seen so far, at least the best out of all the whack ass tryouts Ive seen posted on here. He actually knows what hes talking about which personally is why I watch KSTV, to hear about my CATS from people that make sense when they talk. Helps he’s a UK Alum too

11. kyle heavrin
    9:02 am May 11, 2012 Permalink

Is Will trying to become the next Simon Cowell?

12. Hoss_Cat
    9:07 am May 11, 2012 Permalink

What a jerk Matt Jones has been the past couple of days. He’s done nothing for Matt to decide he’s not going to like him, except for that one little stupid comment in his description.

Now lets get back to yesterday. I download all of the podcasts and he’s never done anything to upset me, but yesterday I was shocked. Just imagine if those poor little kids were listening to KSR with their parents and got to hear matt jones and ryan lemond laughing about how they sound and mimicking them. Yes, Matt Jones that’s making fun of children even though you somehow don’t think it is. I had to fast forward through that cuz I felt like I was going to lose it. I seriously would’ve lost it if I had been in person and listening to him say all of the things that he said.

Now I’m going to describe the commercial and why they used kids. If adults had been talking in the commercial no one would listen to it cuz it’s just another safety commercial, but when people hear a little child’s voice talking about their mommy or daddy it makes most people have a soft heart except for Matt. You can tell he doesn’t have kids. I definitely didn’t expect Ryan to take part in it. Whenever the little kid wasn’t pronouncing her words perfectly it makes the listener think the child is even younger, which would make them even more dependent on their mommy or daddy. This should make most people listen even more so that they don’t do anything stupid that would ruin this child’s life. If you hadn’t decided to quit when you did after a receiving a call from an upset listener, it would’ve been my last time listening to KSR, which I have loved. I thought for a minute you was even going to make fun of the blind guy yesterday. I’m glad I’m not the father of the child that was being made fun of. That’s all I’m going to say about that matt jones.

13. UniNation
    9:15 am May 11, 2012 Permalink

#11 – Haha I was thinking the same thing, give him a way too low V-Neck for the Lville tryouts since thats what he’s going for. Im sure he has Simon posters hanging in his bedroom. What a turd

14. kyle mccormick
    9:45 am May 11, 2012 Permalink

i still think andrew bishop had the best casting call

15. UK 2006
    9:51 am May 11, 2012 Permalink

Anthony Graziani is like a combination of Ric Bucher, Chris Broussard, and Charles Barkley all rolled in to one super talented UK fan.

16. CATS
    9:55 am May 11, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, except he’s funnier than Barkley.

17. Rodney Mac
    11:02 am May 11, 2012 Permalink

KSR better grab this guy before ESPN does. Suave, professional and articulate. Like a young Charlie Steiner in his prime w/o the beard.

18. Kygentlemen
    11:39 am May 11, 2012 Permalink

Graziani looks the most comfortable behind the camera. He showed a good attitude when Matt Jones and his gang of goons started hounding him, I think Matt was sweating more during that casting call more than the Graziani dude. #BBN

19. Nolecat21
    12:30 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

The biggest tool on that video is Will. Matt needs to get over himself. The dude was making a joke. Didn’t come off arrogant at all. The arrogance is all from Matt and Will.

20. CATSfever
    12:49 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Graziani knows his stuff and is great in front of the camera. The way he looks and talks reminds me of Coach Cal himself. Him and Matt would make great TV. Will needs to chill out. I could watch Graziani talk about the Cats all day #BBN

21. Coach Cal
    1:15 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Hire him Matt or you lose all media credentials.
    – Coach Cal

22. KY1999
    4:17 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Will Mapes is a douche. He looked completely classless in this interview. Lose the hair cut.

23. Sad but true
    8:12 am May 12, 2012 Permalink

Anthony slept with my girlfriend, so I hate him….but goddammit do I respect him.

24. God doesnt know Nathaniel
    11:58 pm May 12, 2012 Permalink

Anthony was much better than the smug preacher. I mean really, you r tight with God so that’s why we won #8?? Where were u during the billy g years dick?

And wow, could Will be any more of an ass clown. Stop sniffing Matt’s thong…..Don’t worry, he will still be friends with u once Anthony wins.