KSR will be in West Liberty, KY on Friday

The KSR affiliate tour across the state is winding down and it’ll end with a very special stop in West Liberty, Kentucky on Friday. As you know, West Liberty was hit by an EF-3 tornado back in March, which caused extensive damage to the area. We’ll be broadcasting Friday morning’s show from downtown, right where the tornado did the most damage, where the Commercial Bank once stood.

If you’re in the area or can make the drive, we encourage you to come out to be a part of the show. We’ll be accepting donations at the remote broadcast for the West Liberty/Morgan County tornado fund and radio show listeners will also be able to make contributions online through a link on Friday’s show thread.

We expect it to be a very special two hours of radio, with special guest interviews from a number of high-profile personalities from around UK. Again, we encourage you to come out, listen, and donate to help rebuild West Liberty.

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for KSR will be in West Liberty, KY on Friday

1. JDG
    3:13 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

I live here and just want to thank you all for coming and I’m sure you will see the hospitality of our little town.

2. The Outlaw Josey Wales
    3:51 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Hey guys long time reader and listener.. my hometown is West Liberty and it’s a great that you guys are doing a radio show from there. I will be there come hell or high water! Can’t wait

3. Smedley
    4:12 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Welcome to Sorghum City, KSR!…. or what’s left of it.

4. Rob
    5:32 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

For those unaware of just how much damage was done to West Liberty, check out this video.

5. true blue
    6:20 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Looking forward to hearing and seeing my favorite website, where I get all of my Big Blue news. Welcome to our county.

6. Rose
    7:47 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

I hope we have a great turn-out and look forward to seeing everyone there. C.A.T.S. CATS! CATS! CATS!

7. Big Poppa
    7:49 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

This is a West Liberty roll call……and I love it!!!!!!!! Born and raised there and miss it like hell. Free fish sandwiches and double decker boxes from the FF for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Richard
    9:56 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Haven’t those poor people suffered enough?

9. Jared "Chico" Hammonds
    10:24 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

I have put the word out about you guys coming to West Liberty……I live there but can not make it due to working in Lexington and i listen everyday to your all’s show and read every night about the Kentucky Sports World………….Rose is a great friend and a better person and i hope you all get to meet her………Go Cats