KSR Show Thread, 9/30: Mack and Calipari, Mason County and more

Today’s list of topics on Kentucky Sports Radio radio will of course include Chris Mack’s video to John Calipari and John Calipari’s response later last night. We’ll break down the latest in the rivalry and get you ready for Major League Baseball at noon, plus a lot more.

And it’s Mason County’s day!

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

52 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 9/30: Mack and Calipari, Mason County and more

1. ClutchCargo
    10:02 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Awesome, another top secret ST that you have to search for if it doesn’t show up at the top of the main page.

• Realme
      10:06 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

They think we’ll wither away if they neglect us.

• ClutchCargo
      10:10 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

I actually don’t mind it. I feel like it probably keeps trolls away that otherwise might wander in.

• RealCatsFan
      10:23 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Hey, but for me, I only had to click one pane on the captcha! Little victories!

• Bluenblood
      4:08 pm September 30, 2020 Permalink

Chris Mack looks drunk

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:10 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

The Debate: WOW!

• Realme
      10:12 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Why on earth would you do that to yourself?

• ClutchCargo
      10:13 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

It’s like they were doing a dramatic reading of a random Facebook thread. lol

• ClutchCargo
      10:15 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

And I really only watched maybe 20 minutes of it, but that was enough for me.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:18 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

It was the most entertaining thing I’ve seen in a long, long time.

• RealCatsFan
      10:20 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

That was perhaps the biggest shitshow in the history of politics. A friend posted on FB that for the next debate they need to bring a big super soaker and every time one candidate talks out of turn, they get sprayed. The entertainment of that would be off the charts. Dog shock collars would be excellent as well!

• Laker Cat 18
      10:21 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

It would have been 10x better if Trump had come out to Stone Cold Steve Austin’s theme song and Biden had come out to Dead Man Walking, Undertaker’s entrance.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:23 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

I don’t mind a little bare knuckled brawling, but when they’re talking over one another and you can’t even hear what they’re saying, that’s a problem. Maybe next time they’ll be highly genteel with one another and share scones and tea. *lol*

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:24 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Rasslin’ reference! I love it! Even though I don’t watch it anymore.

• ClutchCargo
      10:29 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

RCF, the dog shock collar was high on my wish list last night, for sure! At the very least, they need to start shutting off mics when it gets out of control like that. Or maybe a trap door. πŸ˜€

• RealCatsFan
      10:32 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, ejector seat. Or put each of them in a dunking booth.

• runningunnin.454
      10:52 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

I always watch the Pres debates; I enjoy them…and I even enjoyed that one. Just not much substance. FOOD FIGHT.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:13 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

All those suggestions are entertaining, but on a serious note, I could go for the moderator turning off mics if he/she has to.

3. Realme
    10:13 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

I didn’t watch the Mack video because why would I care what he has to say, but now that Matt’s making me listen, he sounds mental.

• ClutchCargo
      10:14 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

It was way beyond what the title of the article would lead you to believe.

• Realme
      10:15 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

And dumb, because the conferences cancelled the football game.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:17 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

The video sounded very rehearsed to me. Not sure what’s up with that.

• ClutchCargo
      10:18 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Now that I have listened to it a couple of times, I think he is referring to UK agreeing to make next year’s football game a UofL home game like it would have been this year, had it not been canceled. Still, it’s a pathetic look. Not at all how a grown man argues with another grown man.

• Realme
      10:20 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Also dumb because he shouldn’t make Cal more determined to beat him. He might have eased up without Pitino, but not now.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:21 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Rush Limbaugh has always said James Carville looks like a snake. Move over James Carville.

• RealCatsFan
      10:21 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

I thought it was great! And I think it was a little bit tongue in cheek on Mack’s part. He realizes the rivalry was getting stale and decided to get a big spoon and stir things up. And I am glad he did! Hell, we need something other than politics to fight about! πŸ˜€

4. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Matt doesn’t like the Eagles? Hrumph.

“Building the Perfect Beast” was an awesome album by Don Henley. Some of his best stuff.

• runningunnin.454
      10:50 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Well, I’ve missed the show; and, late here. If Matt said he doesn’t like the Eagles, then he crossed over from being just a nuisance… and I hate him, ha ha.

• JTHinton
      11:16 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Take it easy, hotel California, heart of the matter, take it to the limit

What’s not to like?!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:17 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Man, I thought anyone who likes music likes the Eagles (sans those who are only metalheads or only rap fans or something). I thought they were an “Everyband”, kind of like a guy who is an everyman.

• runningunnin.454
      11:39 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

For me, it’s Beatles, Eagles, CCR and then about 100 bands all fighting it out for fourth.

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

My favorite Eagles song is still “On the Border”, the title track from the album. Great song, and the lyrics are strangely relevant today.

• runningunnin.454
      11:56 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Take it to the Limit, hands down.

• Bluehender
      12:13 pm September 30, 2020 Permalink

I love The Eagles. New Kid in Town might be my favorite. One of These Nights is up there too..

5. RealCatsFan
    10:26 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

We need Drew to unleash one of his Photoshops with Mack dressed up like Elmer Fudd. πŸ™‚

6. RealCatsFan
    10:31 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

On a totally unrelated note, I was disheartened by the news that Kentucky Speedway has lost it’s Sprint Cup race, at least for 2021. I sincerely hope it makes a return when times get better, because it leaves a big economic footprint on that part of the state.

• ClutchCargo
      10:36 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

That’s sad. And it seems the Speedway knows it is over and they are resigned to the reality of being something other than a racing venue.

• RealCatsFan
      10:59 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

NASCAR has been sliding for some time now. The sport is nothing like it was in it’s heyday back in the 90’s. Honestly, I think the death of Dale Earnhardt started the slide.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:39 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Has anyone seen Chris Mack and Terry Meiners in the same room together? Just sayin’. πŸ˜‰

• runningunnin.454
      11:37 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Chris Mack looks like one of the aliens in Men In Black; not much of a disguise, ha ha.

8. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:47 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Matt’s theme song. Haha.

Thanks for the music Mac.

• Realme
      10:49 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

HA!

9. RealCatsFan
    10:57 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

HaHa, Johnny Short is mad because Chris Wallace had the audacity to try to reign in The Orange One. πŸ˜€

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:15 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

I don’t mind that, but he did let Biden get away with not answering the question about stacking the court. Either way, moderating those things is a tough job.

Maybe we should just let them go at it without a moderator like Lincoln-Douglas!

• JTHinton
      11:17 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

I’m typically a big Wallace fan; normally, he’s the most objective/neutral person in the room. But he put in one of the worst debate moderation performances of all time last night!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:19 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

The best ever was hands down Tim Russert. He is the only guy in the MSM who ALWAYS asked tough questions of both sides. He did not play and is missed.

• RealCatsFan
      11:50 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Samuel L. Jackson in his “Pulp Fiction” guise would be excellent. πŸ™‚

10. ClutchCargo
    11:13 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Can’t decide which grueling outside the chore to tackle next. I still have the 8 scoops of river rock to haul around the house with a wheelbarrow, and now I have a very large oak tree that just got cut down. The tree guys chipped the branches and sawed up the trunk, and my plan was that I would just take it from there with a borrowed hydraulic splitter. But now my back is spasming in protest just thinking about it.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:16 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Thinking about that much river rock in a wheel barrow makes my back spasm.

• runningunnin.454
      11:44 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Well, like one of my boxing trainers said, “Put your back into it”. There you go, Clutch; good luck.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:55 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Wait a minute – Matt is saying the paperback of his book is coming out and he is getting interviewed by the YangGang? Did we just have a flashback to the spring or something?

12. 270cat
    1:12 pm September 30, 2020 Permalink

Did they skip Marshall County?