KSR Show Thread 8/7: Last show before Matt’s back

Good morning, friends, and happy Friday. This is the last show before Matt Jones returns from his vacation, and you know what that means: it’s gonna get goofy. Tune in to hear Ryan, Drew, and Shannon break down the news of the day for about ten minutes then probably get way off topic.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

34 Comments for KSR Show Thread 8/7: Last show before Matt’s back

1. Laker Cat 18
    10:04 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Ozark! I’m caught up. Ready for Season 4!

• ClutchCargo
      10:08 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Hell yeah! Now we wait, and will have to rewatch at least season 3 to remember what’s going on.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:26 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Crazy ending…wife and I actually laughed at how it ended. I think we’re changing in a bad way. She’s starting to be more like Wendy and I’m starting to take on the emotionless Marty.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:26 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Before you know it, we’ll be laundering for the drug cartel.

• ClutchCargo
      10:30 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Ya’ll should probably stop watching now. lol But yeah, that ending was shocking but completely inevitable all at the same time.

• ClutchCargo
      10:39 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

I’m years behind on watching several shows, but I’m 3 episodes in on The Man in the High Castle and liking it a lot. Amazon Prime original series.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:59 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

I’ve heard about that one, but haven’t started it yet. I’m going to buckle down on Yellowstone now.

• ClutchCargo
      11:02 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Yellowstone is on my to-watch list, but it got bumped down when I realized I was going to have to pay to watch it on Prime. For now, I’m done paying extra to watch stuff when there are other free shows I still want to see.

• Realme
      11:39 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

I think we kind of laughed too in an oh shit! way.

Youtube tv picked up all of yellowstone except season one, so I’m waiting for the first season to be re-run I guess.

• ClutchCargo
      11:45 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

My YouTube Tv will be pausing I think tomorrow because I signed up for Hulu for baseball season (foolishly) and I’m not paying for two providers at the same time. I actually hate most everything else about Hulu, so I’m probably not going to stick with it long term.

• Realme
      11:58 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Youtube keeps jacking up the price, but PS Vue is dead and Hulu and Sling don’t have better options really.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:07 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Aw, I missed the ghost stories yesterday. This one is one of the most famous in Kentucky. The way I heard it was that the girl’s parents refused to let her go to a dance. She cursed her parents and God, and her image would appear in the window during every storm. They scrubbed the window to no avail, they replaced the glass, and still it would appear. They painted the window white, and that didn’t work either, so finally they boarded it up.

• ClutchCargo
      10:09 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Do you think Window World has anything for that?

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha, don’t know. I heard this happened in 1914; a sexton is the old term for the caretaker of a church and graveyard. The house was built in the 1870’s; by the ’20’s sightseers would congregate during every storm, and would be a problem for the new owners.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:27 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

So an apparition can penetrate glass but not plywood? WHO KNEW?! I’m headed to 84 Lumber now. 😉

• ClutchCargo
      10:32 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

cg, make sure you get the plywood that’s rated for ghosts. The kind for hurricanes and rioters might not get the job done.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:50 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

lol CC. The ghost story at U of Montevallo (small town just south of Bham, AL) was ghost of a girl (of course she was murdered or something) appearing in a door in a dorm no matter how many times they replaced it, so they finally took it off the hinges.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:51 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

So she had no trouble haunting that wood door. 😉

• runningunnin.454
      11:00 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Chris, I’ve heard the Montevallo story. Supposedly, the girl was melting chocolate to make fudge, alcohol spilled onto her nightgown, and caught fire. They say you could see her face in the door with flames all around. Others said they saw her running down the hall engulfed in flames. That story was from 1908.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:13 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

I had forgotten all those details. Funny thing is, in all my years living in Montgomery I had never heard that story. I saw it on a documentary on TV about ghosts. I then had to ask a young lady at church about it who matriculated there. She had heard about it of course but the door was gone by the time she attended.

• runningunnin.454
      11:34 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Here it is; the girl is said to be pictured in the photo; but, they didn’t include the students’ names back then,

3. ClutchCargo
    10:16 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

So, apparently today we have another one of those stealth show threads that doesn’t show up anywhere on the home page. It was there several minutes ago, but then I had to actually do a search to get back.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:31 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

I don’t get why that keeps happening. A UL gremlin in the system? The Turtleneck hacking from home since he got fired? He did try to get Matt off the air.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:24 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

UL already has their football schedule; looks like they dodged the bullet and avoided Clemson.

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:24 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Yep, I had to search for the ST.

Been busy this week. Annual All-School Conference going on right now. President wasn’t specific, but he thinks the conference officials (we’re NAIA level) don’t have the best ideas regarding football. Thing is, I don’t know if he wants to play or not.

I hate it when I miss the ST and read it later and don’t know what half the comments are referring to. Haha.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:37 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

So our AD just spoke and said the news for us on football has changed in the last 2 weeks and sometimes it changes hourly. He and the president have a virtual meeting or phone call later today to get some clarity.

Incision, Troy is still full bore. Don’t forget they are in the same conference as WKU. Actually it’s “We” since I earned my MS there.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:38 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Incidentally not incision. Autocorrect.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:44 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

One more interesting not on Troy: it just came out that they will play MTSU twice this year, so that will be unusual to be sure.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:45 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Note.

• Realme
      12:04 pm August 7, 2020 Permalink

That’s what I ended up doing today. Was too busy obsessing about whether to pursue buying a friend’s house to hear anything the guys said in real time.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:46 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, the guys could judge the livestock…if they knew anything about livestock. I grew up about 300 yards from the hs where they held the county fair; one day I was sitting on the steps outside the back door to the garage, and the 6 foot hedge at the back of our home started rustling; I thought, boy that’s a big rabbit. Then a bull crashed through, and I hit that door fast. Another time, I wandered into a bull’s field; he snorted and stomped, and here he came; snagged my leg on the top barbed wire.
    Only thing I know about livestock, is if you mess with the bull….

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:59 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

Scary! I saw a documentary once that was all about animals turning on their owners. One farmer had raised a male calf as a pet. It played with his grandson and they head butted each other and everything. But one day after it was grown, it turned on the farmer when there was a female in heat nearby it was trying to get to. It almost killed him so they had to slaughter it. The grandson, who looked about 19 or 20, was choked up in the interview. Sad.

7. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:06 am August 7, 2020 Permalink

So have the guys talked at all the last few days about the D2 and D3 cancellations and whether that’s a harbinger for D1, especially Power 5?

• Realme