KSR Show Thread, 10/30: Live from Johnson Central

Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond got up early and made the drive to Paintsville for today’s show to preview tonight’s game of the week between Johnson Central and Belfry at Johnson Central. They’ll preview that game and get you ready for Cats and Dawgs tomorrow in Lexington.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

50 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 10/30: Live from Johnson Central

1. runningunnin.454
    10:11 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

When I was 14, my family moved to another county in W Ky; and, we rented a quaint old farmhouse. I loved my room on the 2nd story. There was this neat old wooden chair, that I decided to put against the wall next to my bed. One night I got up to use the restroom, and I stumbled over the chair…it was out in the middle of the room, laying on it’s side. Next a.m. I accused my sister of moving it, but she said she had not been in my room. That afternoon my sister showed me a copy of an old newspaper article about our house. In 1921 the farmer’s young wife had hanged herself. Then, I saw the picture and I recognized my room immediately…the body of a young woman was hanging from a rafter, and beneath her, laying on it’s side…was the old wooden chair.
    Happy Halloween

• Realme
      10:12 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Perfect.

• ClutchCargo
      10:13 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Well played, sir!

• ClutchCargo
      10:15 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Like a scene from The Haunting of Bly Manor. BTW, if anyone is interested based on how good Hill House was, understand this one is a different kind of story, but still that good.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:17 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

How good is that show Clutch?

• RealCatsFan
      10:18 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

There was a movie on the other night that was about an old farmhouse that was haunted by a woman who hanged herself because she was accused of being a witch. Can’t remember the name, and too lazy to look it up.

• Realme
      10:20 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

I’m at episode six. Very worth watching. Some reveals in ep 5 that were kind of obvious, but I appreciated that they didn’t do a bunch of contrived misdirections instead of just telling the story.

• RealCatsFan
      10:20 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

OK, it just came to me – “The Conjuring”. Movie was kind of meh, but it was set in the late 60’s and had some really cool old cars in it, so there’s that. (Watch out, of cr, rg and I will get off on another car tangent. KCR – Kentucky Cars Radio. 🙂 )

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:22 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

We moved into a brand new house once, and it was haunted by the spirit of the guy who smashed his thumb with a hammer. Boring. Nobody died or anything. He just kept hitting his thumb and yelling “OWIE!”

• ClutchCargo
      10:23 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

I like it a lot, LC. But it moves very slowly and there is a lot of story and character development to it. You have to really pay attention when you get to about episode 3 or 4 because it gets pretty complex, and even then you will have no idea what is going on until a couple of episodes later. It’s one of those shows I really like, but don’t feel the urge to binge watch.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:24 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

We moved into a new house in Lexington, and it was haunted by the guy who mashed his thumb with a hammer. Boring. He just kept hitting his thumb and yelling “OWIE ZOWIE!”

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:26 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Y’all give me some props. It took me 3 tries to get that lame joke past modbot. I think he didn’t like the word d–i–e–d but I’m not sure. Never mind he let RGs graphic description go. Haha.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:28 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Oh, and my 2nd attempt was freed. Thanks Drew!

• runningunnin.454
      10:29 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

He hit his thumb, and yelled “OWIE”…really? Was his name Matt?

• ClutchCargo
      10:42 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Matt with a hammer? That seems pretty far fetched.

• Realme
      10:44 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

lols

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:55 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Y’all know I keep it G rated. I’m still a 50s & 60s Disney guy. Haha.

• RealCatsFan
      11:09 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

“Owie” sounds like something Andy would say. My goodness! 🙂

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:16 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Gatewood! I’m nervous and excited to see how he does Saturday.

• ClutchCargo
      10:18 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

I just wish he wasn’t being thrown to the wolves in his first start. It’s a huge obstacle or huge opportunity, depending on how you look at it.

• Realme
      10:22 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Man, if he ends up looking great in this situation, that’ll mean we have a lot to look forward to.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:16 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

So the UK Basketball coaching “Freaky Friday” is interesting, and kind of makes sense. I hope it pays big dividends.

4. Realme
    10:17 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

So I’ve been so tired of the same old birds at my feeders, I was excited the juncos will be back soon just so I can look at something different. Then today, on my birthday, I open up the blinds to see what’s there. New life bird, a pine siskin, just sitting there waiting for me. It’s like God gave me a birthday present. There has since been a little flock of them. 🙂

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:19 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Hey, you 21? You can have a beer; HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• RealCatsFan
      10:28 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Happy Happy Birthday, Realme!

Years ago at one of my former jobs, we had a fellow who would come around and sing the “Happy happy birthday, from all of us to you…” song. He was a totally country fellow and a little, ahem, socially unaware at times, but he had a heart of gold and had a hilarious, giggling, boisterous laugh that you could hear out in the parking lot. When Morris started laughing, if you didn’t crack a smile you better get your pulse checked. Sadly, he passed 2 years ago this November. It was completely shocking – he was 63 and in better shape than most 30-year-olds. He suffered an abdominal aneurism while shoveling gravel at his home. He actually had a 3 year old daughter at the time he passed.

• Realme
      10:28 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

That song will be stuck in my head now, at least it’s fitting. RCF I am 21 times two plus two. Pretty sure that means you can party as much as your old body can take.

• Realme
      10:30 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

ooops that was a reply to RG. That guy sounds like he was a sweetheart rcf.

• ClutchCargo
      10:34 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Nice! Happy birthday. I got baby hawks as an early birthday gift this year. 🙂

• Realme
      10:57 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Thanks y’all. I’m gonna go start getting some stuff done. Enjoy the game tomorrow.

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:18 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Well, if there is one silver lining about playing UGA tomorrow after they had a week off rather than the Saturday after Bama beat them up is that they also have a question mark about the QB position.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:20 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Speaking of scary, what is up with the basketball schedule. Seems to me I read weeks ago, we had 7 or 8 games on the schedule; now, they say the UCLA game in Cleveland is only the 2nd game on the schedule?

• RealCatsFan
      10:22 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

well, it’s 2020, so….

• Realme
      10:34 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

They should probably just let us know when we’re 24 hours away from a game instead of trying to put out a set schedule.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:22 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

So I don’t recall reading the story about Matthew Mitchell having brain surgery for the blood clot. That’s pretty scary! Glad he is doing well.

• Realme
      10:26 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

I remember it being a story, but no one made a huge deal out of it. Family may have been asking for privacy.

• ClutchCargo
      10:30 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

I think there was only one article about it on here and never really mentioned again. Glad he’s doing better now.

8. runningunnin.454
    10:42 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Volleyball swept Mizzou; but, they are going to have to stop with the slow starts; not good for my BP. Overconfident, not ready to play…don’t know but Coach is going to have to fix that.
    Looks like we have some good youngsters…Goetzinger and Tealer.

• RealCatsFan
      11:00 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Well, you have to give Mizzou props – they are a really good team, and we were playing at their place. But they may struggle now that they lost their middle to what turns out to be an ACL. Worst fears realized. I hope she takes the Covid redo and gets a do-over for her senior season.

Volleyball is a game of runs, so slow starts don’t worry me, especially in the first set of a best of 5 match. Now that 5th set that only goes to 15 is important to get off to a good start. I don’t know if there is another sport that has as many momentum swings as volleyball. And nothing will make a coach want to pull his hair out more than coming out of a time-out after a huge momentum swing in your favor only to see your server drive the ball into the net. Maybe that’s why Craig Skinner is bald.

9. Laker Cat 18
    10:46 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Why would they not give it to Lawrence for missing 2 games, but turn around and give it to an OSU player who just had his first game last week? Lawrence has already played 5 more games than Ohio State.

• runningunnin.454
      10:50 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Missed that, they talking about the Heisman? Has to be Lawrence, no doubt…and he’s one of the reasons we’re getting football now.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:53 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Yes, regarding the Heisman. Very odd take on their opinion he may be eliminated from contention because he misses two weeks of the season, but then say the OSU kid may slide into his leader spot when he has played 5 less games as of now.

• RealCatsFan
      11:06 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

I was watching the volleyball game against Mizzou while following a thread on a volleyball forum talking about the game, and someone remarked that Mizzou’s bit 6’4″ outside hitter Kylie Deberg looks like Lawrence’s twin separated at birth. And you know, looking at their pictures side by side, I can’t deny it. 🙂

10. RealCatsFan
    10:55 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

So the site spontaneously logged me off and when I had to log on with the captcha, it was boats today and I swear I had to check just about every single picture. Sigh…

11. runningunnin.454
    10:56 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Nope, Matt couldn’t do that…he would fall down!

12. RealCatsFan
    11:10 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Oh geezus, Ryan saying that he is an “erect runner” is going to stick with me all day. Don’t run into a tree!

• runningunnin.454
      11:26 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

Amazing, listening to KSR shows every day, the number of mental pictures you get that you just don’t want.

13. Laker Cat 18
    11:32 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

630 WLAP just went to commercial mid-call…I’m done with them! WKJK is where it’s at.

14. Laker Cat 18
    11:34 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

I had almost 100% decided to vote for Brad Barron for US Senate over McConnell until I found out that McGrath had put $77,000 into his campaign to pull votes. Barron had ran his campaign on $16,000 until that from what I had read. I’m done with cheaters, man. Disappointing, but not surprised.

• RealCatsFan
      11:44 am October 30, 2020 Permalink

So if you were voting for Barron on his merits why should it matter to you if McGrath put money into his campaign? Yes, it was an attempt to siphon voters from the turtle, but I can guarantee you that Mitch has done much more dirty and underhanded things than that! If you simply want to do a protest vote, then pencil in Scobey Doo or something.