Kobe Bryant Taking Anthony Davis Under his Wing

Not exactly under his wing, but you get the point.

Larry Vaught just tweeted that Anthony Davis is officially under the wing of Kobe Bryant. That’s not a bad superstar to be getting guidance from. We can all hate on Kobe for his debacle with the rape case and his incessant badgering/blaming of teammtes, but the guy is an absolute beast when it comes to training and being the best athlete, both physically and skillwise, that he can be. If there is one player who could give Anthony Davis the strongest drive to succeed as a mentor, it is probably Kobe Bryant.

And that means a lot coming from me, because I kind of hate that guy.

Article written by Chris Thomas

18 Comments for Kobe Bryant Taking Anthony Davis Under his Wing

1. ukcat1
    7:00 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

I am not sure the ” going everywhere” Kobe goes is a good thing.

2. Mass Confusion
    7:05 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

where the white bythches at?

3. blueballs
    7:13 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

will at lease he can now try to shut kobe down like he said before he got to the league

4. Michale
    7:21 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

This is trash. Had to bring up something from Kobe’s past that honestly you can’t really know anything about, as you were not there. Horrible writing.

5. Han
    7:27 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

3) I think you mean “Well, at least”

4) Just because you’re a die hard Lakers fan, it doesn’t mean the whole world doesn’t know about the rape issue with Kobe.

6. Sean
    7:35 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

Say what you want about Kobe, the dude’s will to win is unparallelled in the NBA over the years. Anthony is going to come out of these olympics a better player, and a better professional. The entire team genuinely seems to like this rookie!

7. ak
    7:36 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

Kobe just expects his teammates to work as hard as he does. I wonder what you would think about MJ if social media existed when he played.

8. Sean
    7:41 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

#7 Very true. These guys are humans like the rest of us. I try not to throw stones, especially when looking at my own past mistakes LOL.

9. kentuckyjoe
    7:55 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

Sean, you’re right. I guess Chris had led a totally impeccable and spotless life. That crap didn’t need to be mentioned at all. Hate the guy????

10. Kobe
    8:02 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

I’m using Davis as my personal fluffer.

11. Sean
    8:02 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, there’s enough hate in the world. Sports are meant to be fun. I sure as heck don’t like Duke, NC, or Indiana. But I wouldn’t go so far as to say I “hate” those teams!! Love my Cats though!!!

12. guest
    9:30 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

He didn’t rape…only cheated

13. Han
    10:48 pm July 29, 2012 Permalink

9) Actually, I can say with confidence that most people never get accused of rape, and those of us with self control don’t cheat.

Just as Ray Lewis will always be associated with being an accessory to murder, Kobe will always be associated with the rape allegation issue. Great players, yes, but still idiots.

Perfectly reasonable for Chris Thomas or anyone else to mention those transgressions when discussing the character of someone acting as a role model.

14. Beavis
    7:10 am July 30, 2012 Permalink

Ok,,,,forget the past. Watch the next game. Count how many times Kobe shoots bad shots compared to when he throws the ball back to a team mate. The ball goes to Kobe,,,it stays with Kobe. His defense is terrible. At least Lebron tries to find a open team mate to pass to if he is covered. Kobe,,,heck no,,,I am going to put it up,,,you guys go rebound. So taking AD under his wing ,,,,does that mean AD is going to learn to be a complete selfish jerk ???

15. minton
    8:39 am July 30, 2012 Permalink

Glad Kobe took him under his wing instead of Lebron.

16. uk3k
    9:17 am July 30, 2012 Permalink

and we hate Kobe because of what exactly?

17. michael
    11:41 am July 30, 2012 Permalink

Hans, I don’t like the Lakers at all, and also I’m pretty sure you don’t have the tail chasing you that Kobe has. Kobe! (Chapelle voice)