Know The Shooter: Karvel Anderson

karvel-anderson

Karvel Anderson comes off the bench for Robert Morris, but don’t confuse him for an insignificant role player on the roster. The junior guard from Elkhorn, Indiana — yes, he’s from Indiana — is the Colonials’ leading scorer this season and he holds the school record for three-pointers made by a junior. Anderson, a JUCO transfer from Glen Oaks Community College, averages just under 13 points with game-highs of 28 points, 24 points and two 22-point outings on the season. In the game he scored 28, a win over Ohio, he was 10-for-10 from the field, including 8-for-8 from beyond the three-point line. That’s the type of game shooters love to have against the Wildcats and Anderson is already predicting a “crazy” game:

Learn about his difficult road to Pennsylvania in this feature from the Northeastern Conference:

Article written by Drew Franklin

22 Comments for Know The Shooter: Karvel Anderson

1. Laker Cat 18
    1:34 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

2. Tom
    1:35 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

I love how these guys from the little teams seem to get what the guys on our own team don’t.

3. seriously
    1:36 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

It’s so depressing to have to care about who the hell this is.

4. SayWhat
    1:37 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Well the good thing about this game and a shooter like him…they aren’t in Rupp! Rupp can make heros out of the visiting team players like no other place in the world! He might still score 15 or 20 at home but if he was in Rupp…25, 40, or even 50 wouldn’t be safe!

Ugh…I can already see it…drummed in the first game. We’ll certainly find out what this team wants to be remembered for in the coming days.

5. SexnNursinHomes
    1:38 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

1- I’d hit it.

I hope we win. We need to pad our all-time win total.

6. Laker Cat 18
    1:39 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

5. Can’t say I’m surprised my man.

7. Deepblue
    1:41 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

So we’re going to try and hype this game ksr? I applaud the effort.

8. RealCatsFan
    1:47 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure he will have a Chris Lofton type night against us. As someone posted on one of the live blogs, “UK – making One-Game All Americans out of mediocre players since 1902.”

9. Laker Cat 18
    1:51 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

What’s more likely? UK winning this game on the road with a 9 of out 11 losses this season away from Rupp or UK single handily getting this kid drafted.

10. Catlogic15
    1:52 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Karvel must not have an 8 a.m. class.

11. Al's IndiCats
    1:53 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Sexn would nail a snake if someone would hold the snakes head ha ha ha. Hey let’s ride this bus as far as it’ll let us go. Go Cats!

12. Matt
    1:53 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

It shows how bad this season has gotten that we are looking at a kid from freaking Robert Morris as having the potential to go off and upset us. I’ll still sit in front of the tv and watch every game we have left but it’s pretty depressing. I hope they can at least show us the heart and effort we have seen in flashes against Mizz, UF and others.

13. SexnNursinHomes
    1:54 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

11- Al, I agree. Let’s see where this will take us. Hopefully we walk away fromt his thing with some dignity and a few more Wins in the totals column.

14. Michael
    1:59 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Watch this guy go off, then.

15. Train station
    2:02 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

No bandwagon in my blood. Ill be on board with this team as far as it will take me. Go Cats

16. john wall's middle finger
    2:02 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

10-how the hell is that relevant? not every student has to have an 8 am class! also, how could you draw that conclusion? I’m a UK student who has 8 am classes and ill still go to sleep at 3 am. just cause your old and you need to be in by 8 pm to be able to get up doesn’t mean that how it is for everyone. us younger generation folk don’t need 10 hours to be refreshed and rested-sucks for you!

17. BigBlue
    2:04 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

I really wish we just wouldn’t play the NIT…what is the point?
    What does it do for us to play in this tourney? I think I speak for a lot of people when I say why not just put this season in the past and get ready for next year. No reason to play in the NIT, nothing to gain there!

18. mudcreekmark
    2:35 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

What do you think the spread will be for the game? I say Vegas will have us as a 3 1/2 point favorite.

19. NotSoFast
    2:37 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

17) all time win count broseph

20. whatwhat
    2:38 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of the end of season, what does UK do if they win this? Do they hang a banner? I am asking only because the talent is there, just no heart but what if they find their heart?

21. rixter
    2:49 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Robert Morris’ RPI is higher than Georgia’s and Georgia put a pretty good hurtin’ on the Cats.

22. RealCatsFan
    2:59 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

20, I would say not. Even winning the NIT would be considered a level of underachievement for this bunch, considering that they were ranked so highly in the pre-season. I don’t think ANY modern era major Div I program would hang a banner for the NIT – unless you happen to reside in Bloomington. They will hang a banner if Crean has a regular BM.