Khalid Thomas and Pancho Thomas dismissed from the football team

Kaliid-thomasThomas_225

A UK spokesman has confirmed that freshman RB Khalid Thomas and sophomore LB Pancho Thomas have been dismissed from the football team for an unspecified violation of team rules.

Khalid Thomas was a huge pickup for the Cats last summer. The three-star athlete committed to UK over Miami, South Carolina, Ohio State, Texas Tech, Notre Dame and others, and was ranked one of the top 25 athletes in the nation. He’s the younger brother of Pancho Thomas, who played in ten games as a reserve linebacker on special teams last season. Pancho was set to go into the fall as the backup middle linebacker to senior Avery Williamson.

Stoops doesn’t mess around.

45 Comments for Khalid Thomas and Pancho Thomas dismissed from the football team

1. James
    9:36 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Well that sucks a fatty

2. Rei
    9:37 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

I often wonder if the Joker recruits were allowed to get away with murder, since Stoops seems to be kicking everyone out. They must’ve been Joke’s last hope or something.

3. GRob
    9:37 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

That’s too bad. Adios. Everyone else, take notice.

4. The Water Boy
    9:41 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

I think UK is on no-BS mode because they need room to add 25 new Stoops caliber recruits.

5. I Say
    9:43 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Im not sure why but I gasped when I read the title. How big of a blow is this? I know both of these guys were expected to play at some point in their 4 years.

6. Insider
    9:51 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

#1, Ironically, that’s why they were kicked off the team.

7. Rei
    9:54 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

What kind of name is Pancho?

8. 2020
    9:56 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Joker was a “players coach”. So was Kragthorpe.

9. zcats
    9:56 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Norwegian, I believe.

10. 2020
    9:58 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Funny, I have a new idea for a #comeplayWRforthejoker marketing effort… it has to do with a specific plant leaf.

11. Pancho Wright
    10:00 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Just for the record, I was a party animal too. Just ask my buddy Lancaster.

12. Stoops Troops
    10:02 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Stoops ain’t playin around boys and girls. If you come in the program and screw around you’ll find your butt on the outside looking in. Glad to see a high value is being placed on character and players doing things the right way. Time to shape up or ship out. We’re not gonna end up like that “prestigious” b1g program north of us or like that program down I-64 is heading for.

13. CATandMONKEY
    10:03 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

We may be jumping to …cough, cough …conclusions regarding the unspecified violation.
    If they were playing for the CU Buffaloes would they be allowed to remain on the team?
    Khalid sounded like the type of athlete that might have had some impact and Pancho is an AWESOME name.

14. No.weed.team
    10:04 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Smoke blunts and you will have to play for another team. Right or wrong? Who knows, who cares. Stoops and Co. Don’t like herb and if you do….they don’t like you.

15. Joker
    10:08 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Looks like they will tank the season to get a better draft pick next year

16. NL
    10:08 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Well that sucks. I thought both would contribute this year

17. WEAREUK
    10:13 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

If we as fans want this program to go to another level we gotta stop talking about Joker, its time to move forward.

18. UK2K
    10:15 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

We are very deep at RB and will be fine. Khalid would have been 4-5 on depth chart

19. Big Mike in The Wood
    10:26 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

We’re deep at RB but losing a LB really hurts.

20. If you toke
    10:31 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

You will be kicked off the CU team. NCAA drug tests and all.

21. Mr Obvious
    10:33 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

!3 There is a difference between team rules and state laws.
    Doobie doobie do!!

22. WAIT A MINUTE
    10:38 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Wait a minute BBN…. How is this “different” than a player driving DRUNK at 4am and everybody pleading for 2nd chances…. Can’t have it BOTH ways….

23. UK2K
    10:38 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

All the Arenas Matt is talking about are on Campus, big difference.

24. UK2K
    10:40 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

22. Whos saying that? Im not

25. UK2K
    10:43 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

We will have the #2 class at the worst in 2014

26. BluntMan
    11:01 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Stoops rules and discipline are putting me out of business. I need to head north and hang around the OSU campus since Urban doesn’t care about weed. Cough Hernandez cough

27. BigBlue
    11:10 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

I’m glad that the coaching staff is not putting up with this BS, it shows they are serious about getting **** right!

28. Walter Kronkite
    11:29 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

Meanwhile North Carolina basketball player PJ Hairston is caught driving without a license, in a car rented by a drug dealer, with marijuana and a gun- and the coach says “No comment” and the kid is still on the team, running around drinking beer at the beach, having a good old time.

There are some institutions that run their programs with integrity, and some who apparently do not.

29. mudcreekmark
    11:44 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

I wonder how much of this is Stoops just running players off so he can give the scholarships in the future to kids who can actually compete in the SEC.

30. theSkinny81
    11:50 am July 11, 2013 Permalink

29 – By defamation? C’mon man…

31. DHo
    12:04 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

OK, I’ll be the first to say it….. if Urban Meyer was coaching at UK they’d still be on the team. There…. I feel better.
    If it is a “big fatty” problem, they get multiple chances to pass the pee test. You gotta keep at it to get booted off the team. It’s not a one and done situation.

32. Sam
    12:34 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

Anybody in the know as to what they did? Not to gossip or anything.

33. Kevin C.
    12:40 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

This a bad sign. If you’re going to start recruiting against programs like OSU, FLA, & FSU…in their back yards…you have to know what you’re getting. I hope there was evidence that these guys could turn into the next Aaron Hernandez, and it wasn’t something that they could have been counseled/rehabbed for, but Stoops/UK didn’t want the risk. There’s a fine line between running a “clean” program”, and not doing enough to educate/mentor kids who need help.

34. Bobbum man
    12:48 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

33- what are you talking about? You hope that 2 former UK football players appeared to be future murderers? I highly doubt they failed one drug test and were kicked off the team, I’m sure they’re aware it’s against the rules

35. Dee
    1:03 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

7. What kind of name is Rei??

36. haha
    1:16 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

35. Say it two times in a row and you’ll have your answer…

37. bluegrassstu
    1:44 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

@31. if urban meyer had been hired by uk before you ever heard of stoops, you would have been dancing in the street for a week in joy. also, in regards to hernandez, he is a grown person and he committed the dirty deed alledgedly. I also know this, if I came home from school with bad grades, it was my fault, not the teachers fault. when I threw the rock through the school window, it was I who threw the rock, not my dad, not my teacher, not my neighbor, it was me. same thing when I stole a yo-yo as a ten year old, the store owner didn’t steal it, my dad didn’t steal it, neither did my baseall coach.so to blame urban or florida or the new England patriots, is just plain dumb and ignorant. and our Kentucky wildcsts have been caught doing things wrong from time to time too, lest we forget Sutton and mumme for starters?

38. bluegrassstu
    1:53 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

the author of this article, needs to get the facts straight. according to my cousin, an avid osu fan, Khalid Thomas never was offered a scholarship by osu.

39. Eat it mfer
    2:09 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

#38. Ooooooh you got owned fool. Your friend= your cat.

40. Big Blue Coming At You
    2:10 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

Stoops isn’t playing around and is cleaning house. He knows this year is going to be rough and it won’t be on him. He isn’t lying when he says he wants guys with character.

41. Hafez
    3:25 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

Stoops is a pimp

42. Bald Guy
    4:27 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

#38… Your cousin must be one of those people that knows everything… you obviously, must be one of those people that does not. Thanks for taking up space on the thread, please tell your cousin that OSU fans (Including himself) can trip and fall on their bucking eye. Nothing like a good ol’ yank falling in a southerner’s dip spit.

43. bluegrassstu
    5:55 pm July 11, 2013 Permalink

@39. you need to understand the difference between a committable offer and a non committable [email protected] stoops is not a pimp, he is very serious about his job, even if he is doing saban things to clear space for his kind of players.

44. Tampa Satchel
    5:06 pm July 12, 2013 Permalink

Why would a filed pot test get you the boot and a near fatal devastating car wreck that could have killed innocent people and caused by a DUI get you a pat on the back and a “welcome home” when you get out of the hospital?

It’s time we get rid of the moral objection to smoking pot. If one is wrong then both should be wrong because alcohol causes far more problems than pot. And this is coming from someone who worked at Fayette County Drug Court as a drug and alcohol counselor.