Kentucky’s best fireworks shows

Fireworks-6-700x449

The 4th of July cannot be celebrated correctly without seeing some kind of firework show. In the spirit of the holiday, I found a list created by onlyinourstate.com of Kentucky’s 12 Amazing Fourth of July Firework Shows.

12. Sate Dock 4th Celebration (Lake Cumberland Sate Dock Marina)

11. Wildcat Fireworks (Downtown Lexington)

10. Citizens First Thunderfest Independence Day Celebration (Corvette Museum in Bowling Green)

9. Barren Lake 4th of July (Barren River Lake Resort Park

8. Sparks Along the River (Ventura River Family Water Park)

7. Taylorsville Independence Day Fireworks (Taylorsville State Park)

6. Freedom Bash and Fireworks (Diamond Lake State Resort in Owensboro)

5. Rumble on the Rough (Rough River Dam Resort Park)

4. Freedom Fest with Briggs and Stratton Fireworks (Murray)

3. Fourth of July Celebration (Memorial Park in Independence)

2. Thunder over Eddy Bays (Eddy Creek Marina Resort)

1. Old Fashioned Crescent Hill 4th of July (Peter Dumesnil House in Louisville)

So Big Blue Nation, is this list accurate or not? Are any of you going to one of these show tonight? Let’s hear your opinions and thoughts! As always the people of KSR wish you a safe, fun and happy 4th of July!

Article written by Kindsey Bernhard

Lover of dogs, sports and beer. @kindseybernhard

18 Comments for Kentucky’s best fireworks shows

1. Mis-informed
    5:08 pm July 4, 2015 Permalink

This list is comical!

2. Adam
    6:02 pm July 4, 2015 Permalink

The fireworks at Rough Rivervare a joke. Literally seen better shows in back yards.

• Dankmaster
      9:12 pm July 4, 2015 Permalink

You must have never been then. One of the better I’ve seen around the state.

3. David floyd
    6:42 pm July 4, 2015 Permalink

No radio station in Ashland and no real connection to Ashland that I can tell. It is no wonder that Ashland fireworks on the Ohio at Summer Motion festival was not on the list. THERE ARE A Boatload of KSR fans her.

4. Morehead Fan
    7:51 pm July 4, 2015 Permalink

Morehead had an amazing fireworks show last night. Brand new addition to their own Freedom Fest. Thunder over Triplett Creek (yes, I’m serious, that was the name).

5. Adam
    9:47 pm July 4, 2015 Permalink

Live in Breckinridge County so I’ve been plenty of times. Gets worse every year. Really becoming a joke.

6. W0W
    10:14 pm July 4, 2015 Permalink

Ashland’s Summer Motion show?????? How is this not on the list? 25 min of non-stop fireworks that light the whole riverfront from Ironton to Huntington? I assume Kindsey has never been to the north eastern part of the state. Gotta wait till next year I guess. Ashland better be on the list next year or we’re gonna have some problems.

7. inside info2
    11:01 pm July 4, 2015 Permalink

Haven’t been in years, but Paducah used to have a great display at the Riverfront. Anyone been recently?

8. Bill Clark
    1:39 am July 5, 2015 Permalink

The one in Independence, KY at Memorial Park was amazing once again. I am a little biased since I live here, but they have just made it better every year. Great weekend- long event for the whole family. Our city leaders decided if our name fits the holiday, we gotta bring it on July 4!

• Jenny
      9:13 am July 5, 2015 Permalink

I absolutely agree! We do it right in Independence! Estimated 20,000 in attendance last night! I heard someone from Maine said it was the best they had ever seen. Several others say it’s better than WEBN’s on Labor Day weekend. And another said he and his daughter travel around the area trying to find the best display and when asked where they would be next year they said “right back here”.

9. Ryan
    10:50 am July 5, 2015 Permalink

Ummm Thunder over Louisville… no way it’s not #1

• d
      11:09 am July 6, 2015 Permalink

well yeah obviously. Pretty sure its the largest in the western hemisphere. but this list is for 4th of July i believe

10. Chrush
    11:12 am July 5, 2015 Permalink

Obvioulsy, the folks who made this list have never seen the three annual editions of Red, White, and Boom in Simpsonville, KY. Really. A mini Thunder!

11. Kim Taylor
    8:20 pm July 5, 2015 Permalink

The fireworks in Independent, Ky were amazing once again last night. I love fireworks and and go to as many as I can for the holiday weekend. I always make sure I can get to the ones in Independent.

12. Tara
    10:20 pm July 5, 2015 Permalink

City of Independence! Awesome! 4th of July fireworks display. 🇺🇸

13. Jamie Porter
    10:37 am July 6, 2015 Permalink

I hope the folks at onlyinyourstate.com were present for the Independence, KY fireworks this year. We have traveled all over for fireworks through the years and have been to Independence most years since they started then, and I don’t think I have seen a better fireworks show….ever! Vitos delivered big time! And I’m tellin you they had some of the largest fireworks I have ever seen. Filled a whole huge panoramic section of the sky with ONE shot. REALLY impressed that Independence continues to deliver their namesake in such a glorious fashion. After this year, I think I see number 1 on the list for sure!

14. Christy
    10:57 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

We love watching the fireworks in Independence! They get better and better each year!