Kentucky still unranked in the AP poll

Your University of Kentucky Wildcats are unranked in the AP poll again for the fourth consecutive week in a row.  Kentucky received 37 votes, down four from last week’s 41.  The Cats are still holding down the No. 23 spot in the USA Today/Coaches poll.

As the always fresh, never stale John Clay pointed out earlier today on Twitter, this year’s Kentucky-Louisville game is the first time since the series resumed in 1983-84 that UK is unranked while Louisville is in top five.

Article written by Drew Franklin

22 Comments for Kentucky still unranked in the AP poll

1. Mike
    6:48 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

Hope the players start to take some accountability for this. Their apathetic play is what put us here.

2. stmlax03
    7:04 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

I know we’ve lost 3 games and hasn’t proven much, but this uk team is definitely underrated

3. tdogg40330
    7:11 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

yeah, and #4 UL is gettin ready to get spanked by this unranked UK team ….

4. afidler
    7:25 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

So, Drew, are you a Syracuse fan too since that’s what ESPN does to teams when you select them as your team?

5. UK Freshmen
    7:31 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

1. UK definitely over-rated. That’s hilarious!!!
    2. I hope Cal and the coaching staff take some accountability for this. Their apathetic coaching is what put us here.

6. Unranked and unworthy
    7:36 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

Baylor is unranked and pitiful. . . UK hasn’t beatbox anyone yet this year . . . The SEC is an Embarrassment to college basketball . . . Louisville,will clean UKs clocks this weekend . . So how in the H3LL will UK EVER be ranked this year??. . . . We caught lightning in a bottle once last year. . . This $#!T doesn’t work every year . . . We will NEVER have an experienced team going down this path…. Just sayin . . .

7. Ukcats!
    7:38 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

Drewwww…Syracuse?? Are you a Big Orange fan as well? *tear shed*

8. Meow meow
    8:14 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

6… You’re an idiot. You say we caught lighting in a bottle last year? Need I remind you of the fact that we went to the elite 8 and the final 4 the previous 2 years before that? Considering just about zero teams can say they had tht kind of success in the last 3 years, with freshmen mind you, I’d say that is the exact opposite of merely “catching light in a bottle.” By the years end, you will agree with my assessment of you being an idiot.

9. Meow meow
    8:16 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

^^^ but hopefully you realize that you are an idiot by Saturday

10. Kris K.
    8:25 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

I must be an idiot too. Louisville beats us this saturday, sorry to say. And I FKNG HATE Louisville. (I hate their fans more, though) Of course, they only have 2 titles, which makes me feel MUCH better.

11. Snl1960
    8:41 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

Watch out Ricky P. Camelot is coming.!

12. BLUE BLY
    8:47 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

What is wrong with Poythress?? Never seen a player like him vanish so fast…..he is the incredible invisible 5 star recruit!!!

13. Big Whoop
    10:03 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

Poythress was supposed to be a beast. What happened to that guy? Beastly he isn’t. He has 5 star talent and plays like a lower ranked 3 star.

I thought this team was going to be fun to watch develop, but I’m still waiting for the fun to begin. I just hope they don’t go into the Yummy Chicken Bucket like shrinking violets because they will get their rearends handed to them on a platter and we’ll get to hear crap from up I-64 for a year.

14. kramer
    10:05 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

You know I am glad we are still not ranked , it makes it a So what If UL wins, we aren’t ranked so , they still didn’t beat a ranked team.I don’t think they have beaten one all year, and you know we can play the Underdog card they bang every year!! To me this year is a WIN/WIN we win we are under-matched/not ranked on their home floor. If they win they are more experienced and playing at home and are supposed to win, UK
    can’t lose, either way!!!!

15. Tubby
    10:46 pm December 24, 2012 Permalink

How’s the view from down there?

16. missing
    2:54 am December 25, 2012 Permalink

I’ll never understand why they have two polls and when you’re not ranked in one you’re not ranked in any. I mean we are ranked in the coaches poll so that should mean were ranked. Really annoying and frustrating to hear announcers and other fans talk like were unranked.

17. UKBlue
    4:46 am December 25, 2012 Permalink

Polls are irrelevant, they are just something to give the fans something to talk about. That being said; we aren’t that good & we don’t deserve to be in the top 25 yet.

18. SEC embarrassing
    10:26 am December 25, 2012 Permalink

14)…. Not to burst your bubble on Christmas but LOUISVILLE put a TWENTY POINT BEATDOWN on the BEST team in the SEC – #9 Missouri. Louisville plays in the BIG LEAGUES (Big Beast with SIX ranked teams) while UK plays in the Pre-school league….(2 ranked teams) . . . Saturday could get REAL UGLY for UK . . . . count your blessings Dieng is hurt or it would be a worse BEATDOWN!! LOUISVILLE by 18.

19. John Ellis
    11:07 am December 25, 2012 Permalink

Louisville should win Saturday. Which is to say UK has no pressure and can play loose. Gee, given Pitino is ofer against Cal at UK, I wouldn’t be woofing until the buzzer sounds. UK is inconsistent so far but Maryland is a top team this year and losing to Duke and ND at ND is not an embarrassment. Baylor inconsistent as well but the revenge factor played in there, after UK humiliated them in the EE last year. I think you’ll find that Louisville’s press will be negated by the experience of Mays and Harrow, and it will be a matter of Nerlans and C/Stein finding some offense inside. I don’t see a matchup for Kile – if he’s on, UK should win. Cal knows this team will be developed by March, but don’t want to get so buried in the seeding they have to beat a 1 seed the second game.

20. UK Freshmen is a Moron
    3:23 pm December 25, 2012 Permalink

Define “apathetic Coaching” you Cretin…

21. Peter Parker Swag
    3:42 pm December 25, 2012 Permalink

Drew Franklin is a Syracuse fan too? Figures. I guess that’s consistent with his douchiness

22. James
    10:19 am December 26, 2012 Permalink

Hey # 18 how many times has pitino beat calipari since he came to Kentucky? Don’t hurt yourself!