Kentucky Sports Radio + Radio = SUCCESS!

kentucky-sports-radio

I think we all had a sneaking suspicion that putting something called “Kentucky Sports Radio” on the radio could be a recipe for success.  It just made too much sense.  Well, that hunch was confirmed this morning with the release of the new radio ratings, which found one little newcomer is making a big impact.  A really big impact, in fact  The ratings for WKJK in that time slot have jumped from .5 to 5.0, which is amazing.  The King of Louisville Media, Terry Meiners agreed in a review of the ratings.  Here is what Terry had to say:

WKJK-AM does not show a strong overall number, for instance, but it’s midday show “Kentucky Sports Radio” featuring Matt Jones has enormous numbers, mostly males, compared to the ratings from the pre-KSR days.

So, congrats to Matt and Zach and Intern Drew for finding success in their mid-morning sports musings and, more importantly, a big “thank you” to all of you guys for, as one person put it on Twitter, helping KSR impact WKJK’s ratings the way Brandon Knight impacted UK’s GPA.  You guys are the best.

Article written by Thomas Beisner

24 Comments for Kentucky Sports Radio + Radio = SUCCESS!

1. courious minds
    11:36 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

want to know. 5.0 for KSR sounds huge. what did the underdogs do in drive time?

2. Zach
    11:38 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

I look way too happy to be stradling Matt! He looks a little creeped out.

3. Sam
    11:38 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

Congrats Matt and Zack on the show. I would have never suspected that Zack’s hands would be so tan.

4. John McClane
    11:40 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

5.0? BTI thinks its more lik1 3.5.

/dickjoke

5. Montana
    11:45 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

More self praising. you guys are pathetic.

6. Johnny 2 Socks
    11:46 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

5 – How many names do you use? Pathetic? You define the term, you stinking Loserville troll.

7. Laker Cat 18
    11:48 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

I’ve never been a big fan of Matt and his arrogance. That said, I LOVE the radio show. I download the day’s podcast every night to get me through the next day at work. Good job guys, keep it up.

8. I'm Just Sayin
    11:51 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

And to think, I just used to think Matt was the idiot who thought Tubby was a good coach. Who knew??

9. WestWorld
    11:52 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

the spike is due to Tom Leach’s show leading into the KSR show.

10. Dave
    11:52 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

just a curious question…..If Enes had stayed at Washington, Mark Emmerts Alma Mater, would he have been eligible? Could Mark put UW through the same BS that he is UK? Hell No! He wants to talk about him being professional, why is he not in the NBA? O thats right….because he’s not old enough to be a professional! Mark is using his own personal opinions to make judgmesnt calls and its BS and he may not feel guilty about it now, but one day the truth will come out! He says that a player shouldnt b paid..but isnt it the same concept when a BBall player can get a scholarship to college from his BBall skills? A scholarship basically pays for everything and you earned that from playing bBall in high school. Markk Emmert is such an idiot that it makes me wanna throw up when i even think about him and his ridiculous rulings that everyone in the country including Vitale, Bilas, etc agree. It just seems that he’s the only one that wants to keep Enes from going to College and playing BBall….dude its just BBall…..WTF FREE ENES!

11. BlaineMan
    11:56 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

That’s amazing for KSR. As a guy who works in Sports Radio in Phoenix, AZ, I can say, I’m not surprised. KSR has done such an awesome job grabbing a Niche(UK Sports) In the past few years and the site has exploded, that following led directly to great radio ratings. Congrats guys. Would love to be part of what you guys do at some point.

12. steviesdroppedtdcostmeagrand
    11:58 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

Per Jeff Goodman @ FoxSports 5 minutes ago. Kentucky freshman Enes Kanter’s last-ditch appeal to get on the court this season is scheduled for Thursday afternoon.

13. rexrex
    12:00 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

Was there any news about an Enes Kanter appeal today on the radio? I’m at work and can’t listen until tonight. Yesterday I read something might be happening on larrygloverlive, kentuckysportsonline, and kentucky247 and am just itching for any news

14. You Can Call Me Cal
    12:06 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

Now if we can just get the show moved out of a random time slot into the morning drive or afternoon ride home then we’ll see if these results are the same (oh, and at least then I would be able to listen).

15. The Hoff
    12:14 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

Nice pink shoes Matt.

16. UKgirlinNC
    12:15 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

Congrats KSR-on-the-Radio!! Your female listeners love the show too! Thanks for streaming so us far-away fans can enjoy.

17. Kyle
    12:24 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

Should have known you guys would have a “large male following” haha.

18. football sux
    12:57 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

Who is that large male they’re talking about and why is he following you? Is “Member” back in town?

19. Stangluvr
    1:17 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

That pic just make me spit my coke across my desk!!! GOOD STUFF!!!

20. catlanta91
    1:27 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

Love the good news.

21. BigBlueBubba
    1:39 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

Zach’s voice and picture do not match. Just hearing his voice I pictured a overweight guy in his 50’s with a beard and glasses.

22. BlueVoodoo
    2:00 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

Of course Matt’s show is taking off in Loserville. There are MORE Kentucky fans, by far, in this city than uvel fans and
    finally someone realized that, DUH!, and put Tom Leach and Matt on the airwaves. Voila. Count de Money, Matt.
    The people perpetuating the myth that uvel fans are dominate in Louisville/Jeff Co are just wishing and hoping and demographically stupid.

23. Kenny H
    4:26 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

Zach you should put your arms around Matt’s waist.

24. Corey
    6:21 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

Do the ratings account for how many listeners listen to the radio show online after it has aired because I’m sure a lot of people like me listen to it after work/class or just on their own time in general.