Kentucky opened as a 26-point favorite for tonight’s game

Kentucky is a heavy favorite in its last non-conference contest of the season.  Those mysteriously brilliant folks out in Las Vegas set the opening line at -26 in favor of the Wildcats.  The line has moved to -26.5 on most offshore books.

The Cats are 4-5 against the spread this season and hungry for a convincing win after the loss to Louisville over the weekend.

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Kentucky opened as a 26-point favorite for tonight’s game

1. B-ball season now
    10:35 am January 2, 2013 Permalink

WTF is up with UK not playing another game after tonight until the 10th??? Let’s go! Let’s get it on! What’s the fkng hold up???

2. UK Fan
    10:36 am January 2, 2013 Permalink

With this and the Sugar Bowl on tap, this has the makings of a great evening.

3. UK Freshmen
    11:30 am January 2, 2013 Permalink

Another ‘awesome’ opponent, right? No. At this rate our RPI will be AWFUL. We will be lucky to be placed at #10 seed….if we make the tournament.

4. UK Freshmen
    11:49 am January 2, 2013 Permalink

When will Cal take accountability for this schedule and the failure to get this team ranked? I DEMAND a public apology!

5. UK Freshmen
    11:50 am January 2, 2013 Permalink

If Cal wants to keep me as a fan (and I am sure he does) he will MAN UP and do his job!

6. Presley
    11:59 am January 2, 2013 Permalink

Are you even going to tell us who the opponent is? I find it hard to believe that you wrote this whole thing and just accidentally left out who Kentucky is favored over.

Aww, is someone ashamed of their schedule?

7. CatSinceBirth
    2:05 pm January 2, 2013 Permalink

I’m getting a little leary of Cal’s one and done approach. So many of the players we’ve lost that way are only marginal players. Either barely hanging on, playing in the D league, or on the verge of having to play overseas. At some point I’m afraid the NBA will take notice and realize this grand idea isn’t all it’s hyped up to be. Granted, our players are excellent college players, but don’t quite seem to be ready for the big time. It all seems to center around maturity. Naturally there are a few exceptions,,,,but very few. I’d prefer a two year rule, or straight to the pro’s out of HS. A couple more years of this, and Cal will be in an insane ward.