Kentucky looking at 2013 wing MiKyle McIntosh

mikyle

Is Cal looking to add another player to next year’s team? According to Adam Zagoria, Kentucky is reviewing transcripts for MiKyle McIntosh, an unsigned small forward from Ontario playing in Jackson, Kentucky. McIntosh, 6’6″ 230 lbs, has offers from UCLA, UConn, Miami (Fl) and others, along with interest from Alabama, Florida, Kansas, and Ohio State. He’s the 66th best small forward in the nation, and the 5th best player in the state of Kentucky. Coach Antigua watched him play back in February, so Kentucky’s interest in him isn’t entirely new.

Watch him dunk:

26 Comments for Kentucky looking at 2013 wing MiKyle McIntosh

1. Help Me Understand
    10:23 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

So he’s the 5th best player in Kentucky, after Hawkins and Willis, but has a much more impressive offer/interest sheet. Is that just because we are so late in the signing period?

2. Michael F. Jox
    10:23 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

I’ve been to Salvation Armies in West Virginia with better auxiliary gyms than that. Jesus, anyone check the scoreboard out!?

3. Help Me Understand
    10:24 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

I just say we sign him if for no other reason to market 9 for #9.

4. 2013
    10:25 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

Nooooooooo…save schollies for 2014.

5. Jason
    10:28 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

Looks better than wiggins to me

6. Hunter McClintock
    10:30 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

Just to throw my own hat in the ring, I am willing to transfer and break some ankles for the Cats next season!

7. Polson
    10:30 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

Polson: Coming back, glad I have a scholly
    UK: We’re recruiting Wiggins, may need you to walk on
    Polson: Damn, OK
    UK: Wiggins didn’t sign, you have your scholly back
    Polson: Sweet
    UK: Actually, there’s this other guy we’re looking at now… *shrugs*
    Polson: I’m done, I’m touring with NKOTBBSB

8. greg
    10:31 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

not sure he is more than a walk on but maybe he’s under rated, a diamond in the rough. Who knows. If we have a scholly available why not sign him as a project? If he doesn’t work out, he can be offered walk on status later or transfer elsewhere.

9. Confused
    10:32 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

No offense to Derek Willis, but if this guy is ranked below him, I would love to challenge the guy/guys that do these rankings and gladly take their job! He is way more physical and well rounded than Willis! He looks like a solid player that could really help out in practice and bang with our big men. Looks like after a a year or two he could really come off the bench and contribute and at the least bully the other team and giv us a solid 8-10 mins a game!

10. Sheldon from Big Bang
    10:33 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

#5, is that sarcasm?

11. Holmes, Sherlock
    10:53 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

No, Numero 10, I think he’s being completely serious.

12. Tennessee Wildcat
    10:59 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

Looked at play a couple of times and definitely looked like a charge that was missed on the dunk. Does have some hops, but Matt Jones just mentioned on KSR show that likely UK is just reviewing his transcript for another school since UK has around 8 compliance officers and the smaller state college schools only have a couple and likely are not as experienced. Would be VERY surprised to see this kid at UK in fall, unless he is a walk on.

13. Kev
    10:59 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

Checking grades? Here’s hoping the library looks better than the kickball court they’re playing on.

14. FrankTheTank
    11:01 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

9-You got all of that from a 1 minute clip? You’re either a very perceptive, almost psychic person…or you are an idiot. Flipping coin now…

15. Look
    11:05 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

I like their dangling banners.

16. Streaking through the Pavillion
    11:28 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

I miss you Frank…

17. Han
    11:33 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

If they take him, that’d be Polson’s scholarship, which would be a bit weird since the post about the presser refers to Polson as one of the five returning scholarship players.

4) Cal’s probably anticipating losing a lot of guys.

18. Bobby
    11:38 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

We have some players already on scholly that should be walk ons. Do we really need a bench of John hoods

19. jaws2
    11:49 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

Frank the Tank, I agree, #9 ( Confused; really ? ) must actually be the Amazing Kreskin !!!!!!!!!

20. Confused
    11:50 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

I think you are the one who is very perceptive to assume that I am basing this on this clip alone. I have seen him play and Willis play a lot! Willis may be skilled for a big man in high school, but this is the big leagues and he is very soft for his size and position. Not saying he cannot change that, but as of now ill put my money all day on Mcintosh!Nice chessy catch phrase at the end my friend, you will see what I am talking about one day, Skank the Tank 😉
    Oh and just for sh1ts and giggles, please let me know who has more upside….

21. Confused
    12:05 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Oh and 14 and 19 I love the bromance, I am not saying I am a great talent evaluator, but please dont assume when you yourself have no idea how to do a little research.. Good day to you,Ill be busy doing some psychic readings for you guys bright futures in ASSumptions!

22. B-man
    12:12 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Well, even if you question “Confused’s” opinion, the kid has offers from UCLA, Uconn and Miami (FL) AND he’s receiving interest from Florida, Kansas, Ohio State and UK. It sure seems that the people that evaluate talent for a living (at some of the elite schools in the country) feel he’s worth looking at.

23. Confused
    12:18 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

B-man you wouldn’t be Brian Thomas would you? Know a guy i grew up with that goes by that nick name lol

24. Redbirdwarrior
    12:24 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

McIntosh selects Illinois State over UCLA, Miami, UCONN and 6 other power conference schollies.

This kid will be the best player in the Valley for a few years.

25. BURN!!!
    12:25 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

21, you forgot to say my name afterwards…

26. Confused
    12:36 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

25) Good One my man, on fire! These are the kind of obnoxious UK fans that have no clue about basketball and no idea how to do a little research. Probably the same kind that calls out Poythress and think hes suppose to be Dominique Wilkins as soon as he steps foot on campus! Or the same ones that say Archie shouldn’t go pro, then bash him for doing so after he gave us his all and busted his ass off in the craft center every night!!