Kentucky Lessons From Terrence Jones

The real T. Jones taught everyone at Wick’s Pizza about Kentucky in a live performance at his signing last night in Louisville. Here is the exclusive concert video from cn|2’s Bradley McKee.

The event raised money for The Down Syndrome Center of Louisville, so I won’t comment on the performance.

“All our playas dunkin’, all our, all our playas dunkin'”

Article written by Drew Franklin

50 Comments for Kentucky Lessons From Terrence Jones

1. GoCats2
    1:10 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I will not watch this so I can keep my respect for Terrence but I have to know if that is a UK championship T-shirt he is wearing with our Cats on it?

2. WildcatRX7
    1:10 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

My man be teaching me ’bout lip synching!

3. Larry Bird's Mullet
    1:13 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

3. Milli Vanilli in the house!

4. UKBlue
    1:22 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I’m a huge UK fan, it was for a good cause; if someone actually spent money, got tickets & drove down to Baxter Ave to go see this 3:48 minute lip synching performance, then go check yourself in someone where because you need help.

5. Head Bussa
    1:27 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

All you people who are like “this song sucks” or “I can’t watch this” are just people who have forgotten what it was like to be young. God Bless T. Jones as he truly seems like a fun and good-hearted young man. I really hope that him and the others can become wildly successful in the league as their success could mean a lot for the future of the University of Kentucky — not just as a basketball program but as a school.

6. MKG Fan
    1:27 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I honestly did learn a lot about Kentucky by watching that. Thanks for the lesson TJ. 🙂

7. DCWildcat
    1:29 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Was he lip synching?/

8. MKG Fan
    1:30 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

5. Head Bussa – I know right? I don’t get why there is so much negativity on here.

9. kaboom
    1:33 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

7. Yes…just yes

10. Irony
    1:33 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Down syndrome center huh?

11. Question
    1:34 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

“The Down Syndrome Center of Louisville”…otherwise known as UofL?

12. john4uk
    1:35 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Boy i did’nt know UK had so many “nabobs of negativism” in their fan base.What a bunch of losers they are.

13. EJC
    1:37 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Obviously lip synching, but still fun. It’s obvious TJ was having a good time, which I like to see. GO CATS!

14. BBN
    1:37 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

11) hahaha thats terrible but hilarious

15. Ben
    1:39 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

My son and I went and had a great time! All you A**holes who did not go and yet have informed opinions, need to go root for the Cards! Jones did not lip synch, nor wear make-up. I do not like rap, but they did a nice job. The only thing that sucks are the people making nasty comments, and that includes you too, Drew! This is a time to celebrate our championship and have fun. Everyone needs to just chill out!

16. Sammydog
    1:42 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

#15 Thanks Ben. I trust your version of events since you were there.

17. strange brew
    1:43 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

@15

Right on, Ben.

The concert was for a good cause. Even if Jones sucks at rap, he did the concert for a just cause.

Drew Franklin is some dork who sucked so bad at sports, like most sports writers (Skip Bayless rings a bell) they have to poke fun at people with talent like Jones.

18. sharon
    1:45 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I wasn’t there but I am with #15

19. Drew Franklin
    1:46 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

17. — I was the number one player on my golf team, thank you.

20. Willis
    1:51 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I want to waste $20, where can I find that shirt?

21. B-man
    1:51 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Drew – don’t you mean “number one playa”?

22. Boom!
    1:53 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

19.-Haha you tell him Drew!

23. Duke sucks
    1:54 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I don’t like rap but that doesn’t mean others don’t. It was for a good cause. I gained a lot of respect for him for helping less fortunate people. Down syndrome touches a lot of family’s

24. Wes Grams
    1:54 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Wow I suck at rapping. In fact, that was one of the worst things i’ve ever seen. Almost comedy

25. AMIRITE
    1:55 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

20 – you can find that shirt at http://oneness287.bigcartel.com/
    15 – That’s cool that you went and had a good time. I’m sure it was fun. But he was totally lip syncing. Silly to lip sync when rap is just talking in rhythm and he clearly was moving his mouth, but you can’t watch that mic swing around and tell me he’s not lip syncing.

26. Nathan
    1:55 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Well looks like Indiana is taking their ball and going home. Again, shows they wont play anyone outside of Bloomington. LOL

27. derek
    1:58 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

y’all old folk trip me out. Nothing wrong with him doing this. Shirt is the best championship shirt out. Get it at oneness on south limestone or http://www.oneness287.com

28. Biglaw Dawgin'
    2:01 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Ok, let’s get to what matters here, as I can’t believe it hasn’t already been brought up: Did anyone else think Jarrod Polson (aka “J-Pleasant”) out-rapped Terrence?

29. samismammy
    2:04 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

This is the first time Drew Franklin has actually pissed me off. Shut your trap, Drew,(and all you other haters) about this performance. TJ was obviously just having a good time while raising money for a great cause. What have any of you done for charities lately??

30. Penny
    2:10 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

At least they are having fun. If that was your kid up there you would be proud. Leave TJ alone!! He is doing this for a good cause… Guess there is a bunch of trolls on here…get a life or go to the Cawds sites!!

31. strange brew
    2:26 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

@ 19

The gay just gayer.

32. Jason
    2:26 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

10 and 11, are you immature teenagers?
    If not, you’re just assholes.

33. KYWildcat04
    2:26 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Penny and Ben, you two are THE reason why Wildcat fans have a bad reputation. You’re not proving to anyone that you’re more of a fan because you support everything under the sun associated with UK. You’re just coming off as crazy and unreasonable and should be committed.

34. notplayingthisgame
    2:26 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I’m a 50+ year old female and I don’t generally love rap.
    Still, I think this is awesome, as is T.Jones. He is doing so many great things for charity and I love him even more post-season than I did during the season, which is saying a lot. Just don’t understand the negativity. He’s having a great time, giving fans a great time, all for a great cause.

And, seriously, where can we get those shirts?

35. Hoss_Cat
    2:38 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

#19 Golf is for people who aren’t athletic enough for other sports. Granted there are a few pro golfers who are probably athletic, but most golfers aren’t. A golfer in high school is equivalent to being in the band. Dweeb

36. 10 and 11
    2:40 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

32 – actually it’s me…your mom. You know better than to use that language, son! now go clean your room!

37. Sarcasm
    2:42 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

35 ever heard of me? Drew uses me a lot. Sure, he was/is a great golfer, but his comment wreaks of sarcasm, genius.

38. tdr76
    2:46 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

It really serve the loosiers right after the way the disrespected our fans and players in bloomington last year. I don’t blame Cal for not wanting to go back to there with their lack of class.

39. cats11
    3:00 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Turrible, but doesn’t the white guy with black hair look like a young Tony Vanetti?

40. Penny
    3:03 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

33- I would guess you are the jealous type. I am not trying to prove anything to anybody. “coming off as crazy and unreasonable…THE reason Wildcat fans have a bad reputation…” get over yourself!!

41. funny
    3:20 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Hilarious how everyone on here who says they liked it prefaced it by saying “I don’t normally like rap.” As a 15 year member of the entertainment industry THIS is killing me. Two words: breath control. Also dude is wearing eye liner. I don’t think he’s gay because a gay man wouldn’t have been so obvious about the make up.

42. 8pril
    3:21 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

What is this under on YouTube

43. Biglaw Dawgin'
    3:37 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Polson out-rapped Jones. Did no one else catch that?

44. KYWildcat04
    3:43 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

No woman, I think you need to get over yourself

45. Bob
    4:52 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

That is terrible, but awesome at the same time.

46. Ben
    6:09 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Polson was not there! That was Wes! I was 4 feet away from T.J. and he was not Lip Syncing. I heard his voice and the mike feed back! Just having fun! Chill out!

47. The Outlaw Josey Wales
    7:49 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

That was some pimp tight sh&t!! Get em’ TJ # 3 knome sayin’?

48. John-117
    8:55 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Was the second white guy young Tony Vanetti???

49. Jeff Garlin
    9:50 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I like the shirt T. Jones is wearing. Is it from Oneness?

50. iShawnUk
    10:45 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I just give him props for doing it and rasping money for down syndrome, the kid has heart. I matter what else he does.