Kentucky is playing with the big boys

matt-elam-braxton-berrios

Friday afternoon saw two of Coach Mark Stoops’ biggest remaining targets for 2014 get excited about a team he is competing directly against. But with that news comes added excitement that Kentucky football has arrived… Elizabethtown native Matt Elam received a scholarship offer from Tennessee and Ohio State extended an offer to four-star wide out Braxton Berrios. It has been said on this site before, but it bears repeating: Kentucky is competing with the best of the best.

Of course the list is long for Elam, who also has Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Louisville among his potential suitors. For Berrios, in addition to Kentucky he lists Clemson, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia among his top five schools.

Again, competing with the best.

Article written by Stuart Hammer

B.S. Broadcast Journalism from the University of Kentucky. @StuartHammerKSR

14 Comments for Kentucky is playing with the big boys

1. NO MATT JONES
    1:08 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

I don’t think we’re getting Braxton Berrios. I say we get Moral Stephens, Richardson, Brady, and maybe Matt Elam or another receiver like Bone or Baker.

2. GP
    1:14 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

And we’re gonna beat the big boys too. In recruiting this time at least. I don’t see Elam going anywhere else. I follow him on twitter and he never talks with other recruits like he does Drew Barker, Thaddeus “Blue”grass and the rest.
    Without a major push by the others, we got him.

3. BBN#1
    1:30 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

vols are still considered BIG BOYS hahaha they suck we just sucked worse

4. Bill
    1:33 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

I hope you are right about Elam, but you never know what might occur. Our coaches are connecting well with these young men. I don’t think they’ve given up on Berrios. He seems like a perfect fit for this offense. Regardless, we will have some very talented receivers before all is said and done.

5. Tim
    2:09 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

3. That’s y the have the number 1 recruiting class haha. Your real smart

6. Costa Rica
    2:21 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

Well, ya can’t catch a marlin by fishing in a pond. I’d rather lose a great player to Alabama or Ohio State than a so-so player to Middle Tennessee State. Here’s hoping we can nab Elam and Berrios.

7. UK2K
    2:23 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

We currently have 20 commits and can add up too 7-8 more. Taylor and Richardson will likely commit next week and we could move back to the #1 Class with them. Its starting to look like those remaining commits are gonna be… Elam, Taylor, Richardson, Baker, Berrios, Stephens. With Brady and Bone on standby
    Some say we have an outside shot at Glenville, OH stars Lattimore and/or Jones, IMO I would be shocked if we steal them from tOSU. If somehow we do, a Top 10 class is a lock.
    My wish list is to add Brandon Lee a 4star LB from Indiana, but UL is the fav and Josh Malone a 4Star WR from TN. Both are doubtful, but I really like them both and would love to see them in Blue.

8. old man
    2:26 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

5) you say 3 is real smart, but it looks like your post was written by a six year old. Anyway, I hope the post earlier about Twitter is correct. I’m starting to lose hope otherwise with Elam. I don’t do Twitter or follow recruits, so of course I don’t know. I hope the Ohio state offer doesn’t convince berrios to go there either.

9. Graham
    3:52 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

You Kentucky fans are so cute. Your thoughts on football are adorable.

10. Linda Taylor
    4:06 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

10 – What’s your real name? Why are you afraid to use your own name and feel the need to use another person’s name?

11. Linda Taylor
    4:45 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

Both of you are wrong, I’M the real Linda Taylor

12. Linda Taylor
    5:16 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

13 – Sorry, I sit down on the couch with my laptop in my lap when I make posts. It looks like the impostor has been at it since at least 1:05 am, July 26th when I was sound asleep.

13. Blue To The Bone..
    7:31 pm July 27, 2013 Permalink

#6..We are in much better shape for Elam and Berrios than the Otis fans and some of these other fans would like you to believe..Elam LOVES KENTUCKY AND THE STAFF and he and Barker have developed a close relationship as have Barker and Berrios…Berrios can become our next Randall Cobb..

14. Flock / world-wide-web doesn’t work however connection to the web is excellent?