Kentucky is Jason King’s Preseason No. 1, Andy Katz’s Preseason No. 1

cauley-glasses

With the exception of Andrew Wiggins and whatever school he chooses to suit up for, next season’s college basketball rosters are pretty set for the top tier programs. The NBA bound players announced their departures, others announced their returns, and the incoming freshmen signed the dotted line to seal the deal on their arrivals this summer/next fall.

Now that it’s all out on the table, ESPN’s Jason King released his preseason Top 25 and Andy Katz, his ESPN colleague, released a rebuttal to King’s rankings. King and Katz disagree on a number of teams in the Top 25, but they both agree that Kentucky is the No. 1 team entering next season, ahead of Louisville, Michigan State, Arizona and Duke, respectively.

Oh, your eyes didn’t deceive you. UK has early season games against Katz’s No. 2, No. 3, No. 7, and No. 23 teams.

Bring it on!

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for Kentucky is Jason King’s Preseason No. 1, Andy Katz’s Preseason No. 1

1. Scott
    4:38 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

I hope Andrew Wiggins comes to Kentucky.

2. Ukbball4eva
    4:40 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

U 4got UNC, and Baylor.

3. tennisman
    4:43 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

I am so tired of hearing about Wiggins. I will be glad when its over one way or the other. I can’t help but think if he was comming it would have already been anounced, however you never know.

4. AJH
    4:48 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Who the hell is Andrew Wiggins?

5. Musehobo
    4:50 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

3. If the 4 schools he is considering all use that logic, that he wouldn’t be attending college. No one knows what this kid is going to do.

6. Alamo_CatFan
    5:01 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

The comments section on the Katz rankings are wonderful – great to have haters, must mean you are on top (spoiler: Vacated Final Fours, cheating coach, NBA farm team, and first round NIT loss are all mentioned multiple times).

7. BBN4Life
    5:02 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

That’s awesome! I just hope this team doesn’t fold under the pressure like we did last year. It’s great that we are the PRE-season no. 1, but it doesn’t really matter until these boys step onto the court.

8. J in Orlando
    5:15 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

3 So if he was going to UK he wouldve already announced, but not if he was going somewhere else? Interesting line of thinking…

9. My Gut Feeling
    5:23 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

I have a feeling we will hear that Andrew Wiggins announces for UK this Kentucky Derby weekend or early next week.

Finishing out the best class in the history of college basketball

#1 player at every position

I hope that is how it all work out at least!

Go Big Blue!

10. Jughead
    5:25 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

I’m wiggin out just thinking about it all day.

11. Jeffrey
    5:26 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

… Kentucky plays Creighton next season? I didn’t know that.

12. tennisman
    5:29 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

I’m wiggin out too just thinking about it

13. RealCatsFan
    5:36 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Heard on the Radio that Pitino names another one of his horses after one of his players => “Three Point Luke”. Wouldn’t it be hilarious to see Peter Jurkin transfer to Louisville?

14. Stevie
    5:42 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

The players who signed for UK next season all recruited each other. I am afraid that Wiggins would mess with the team’s chemistry. In all honesty, I would rather see him go somewhere else.

The Carolina Insider is claiming that Wiggins’ dad is seeking a promise that UNC guarantee AW 30-32 minutes per game, and that Roy has agreed to this. Who the hell wants this kind of chit?

15. Creighton?
    5:49 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Do we play Creighton next year? If so, when and where? I apologize this is just new news to me. I like scheduling a talented mid-major program though. It will give an idea what kind of team we would be facing in the 2nd round or Sweet 16.

16. Bluemania
    7:12 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Chill guys he’s coming!! I mean who wouldn’t want to be a part of the best recruiting class EVER?? It’s history in the making, big blue brothers and sisters! Andrew is a very brite young man! He’s got it all figured out, and under control! He’s just playing cool!!
    U have on the one hand: history, a number 1 ranking, all the playing time u want, a national championship,a great teacher that can def help him get ready for the pros, great tradition!! I mean come on guys just be positive!!!

17. stevie
    7:13 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

I’m sofa king we todd it, I make things up and pretend I know what’s going on….. I heard he’s going butler and brad stevens is going to guarantee him 33 min per game, and get a tattoo of wiggins face on his back

18. Stevie
    8:26 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Anyone notice that #17 posted the first letter in his name in small case letter? Being small is a way of life for him. People like him make me feel really good about myself.