Kentucky going all out for Stoops

Everyone who walks into the Mark Stoops press conference today enters through the football helmet shown above. KSR’s Matt Jones is there and had the chance to catch up with one former Kentucky player who is very impressed by the whole scene. “I am blown away by this production. I didn’t think I would see anything like this for UK football in my lifetime,” said former Cat Freddie Maggard.

Another former player had this to say to Jones, “I finally think they get it and are ready to compete.”

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

12 Comments for Kentucky going all out for Stoops

1. Han
    2:13 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

“I finally think they get it and are ready to compete.”
    We can only hope.

2. Blue Jesus
    2:17 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

I think I’m more excited today than the day of the hiring.

3. Bulldawg
    2:20 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

I was going through basic training at fort benning ga. At the same time freddie was… he was honored with “soldier of the cycle” award. I have never met him but being from harlan (maggard played for cumberland) he is defintely on my radar. He is a super athlete and seems like a stand up guy… with that said, glad they are bringing these guys in. Stoops will need all of everyones support to succeed. He’s got mine. GBB!!

4. BigBluSoTru
    2:24 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Man i’m pumped this guy is the truth. Wonder if he is gonna move near Cal. How come Cal wasn’t at the airport to greet him to the greatest fan base in the world BBN!. Anyway i’m sure he is wanting to hit the ground recruiting Flordia this week.

5. Han
    2:27 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

4) They may be trying to keep Cal out of it just so the story stays on Stoops. Even if we weren’t playing rough in basketball right now, Cal can very easily be a spotlight stealer (not through his own fault). Today is about Stoops and the future of Kentucky football. There’ll be plenty of time for marketing moving forward.

6. L
    2:30 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Can someone explain the “fog”?

7. BBN Band Wagon
    2:30 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

To much Fball. This is a Bball school. Have lost two in a roll. Everyone needs to be home breaking down game film so we can let Cal know what to do to fix the Bball team.

8. BigBluSoTru
    2:34 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

#5 didn’t think of it that way. #6 I’m hearing that the football team will be entering behind him thru the fog STOOPS TROOPS ERA BEGINS!

9. L
    2:39 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

But why fog? Is that supposed to represent the fog that appears in the fall or something?

10. Lil c
    2:43 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Is this televised? If so, what channel? Thanks

11. lil warmy
    2:48 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

#SWAG

12. Cause Fog Is Cool
    3:03 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Come on, y’all. Ain’t you ever been to a football game outside-a Commonweath Stadium?
    People use fog and fire and all kinds of artificial weather environs for football coaches
    and teams to run through. It’s exciting! It’s drama! It’s “Plan 9 From Outer Space”
    and “2001: ASpace Odyssey” all in one! (I happen to like Ed Wood, so that
    wasn’t actually an insult.) Enjoy the fog! Enjoy the day! Stop WORRYING
    about everything, people! RELAX!