Kentucky football cracks the Bottom-10

ESPN is just stoking the fire for Joker Phillip’s coaching seat. Kentucky was named to their list of the Bottom-10 teams in college football for week three. The Cats join the likes of Colorado, Massachusetts, Memphis, and Wyoming. One positive is that they are the only team with a win in the group.

Kentucky head coach Joker Phillips put on a brave face, and his demeanor betrayed no hint of desperation, but even he can’t deny what the Bottom 10 can see clear as day: the inexorable crawl toward antipathy creeping up on the Commonwealth after the Wildcats’ 32-31 overtime loss to Western Kentucky on Saturday.

With a game-winning 2-point conversion — on a trick play, no less! — WKU turned the tables on its tormentors, earning the Wildcats the not-so-coveted No. 5 spot in this week’s Bottom 10.

Phillips could use a KO of an SEC heavyweight in the worst way. The only thing that could make Kentucky’s current state more unpalatable would be the sight of an undefeated Louisville team led by a QB who’s an early Heisman candidate.

The article pokes fun at fans anxiously waiting for basketball season to begin. Something that is teased about every year. Though typically in late October – not after three games.

It just doesn’t get any easier for Joker.

Article written by Stuart Hammer

B.S. Broadcast Journalism from the University of Kentucky. @StuartHammerKSR

16 Comments for Kentucky football cracks the Bottom-10

1. bigabes4uk
    3:18 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

No excuse for any SEC team to be on this list! The really sad part is – I don’t disagree with them!

2. RICK
    3:32 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

We need some thugs, please recurit some bad people. So what if a few got locked up for this or that, i dont give a [email protected]@@@. Some will make it to the field. Look at the cards, Bridgewater should be in trouble with the ncaa but isnt for his trip on the boat with Hurtt. He made it thru. Lets get some thugs.

3. bb88888888
    3:41 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

I love the Bottom 10, especially the #5 spot which is reserved on a week-by-week basis for a team who does something infamous in their previous game. The boys in blue will not hold this spot next week.

4. Biglaw Dawgin'
    4:09 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

Come on people, did we not see this coming? I think everyone–except Kage Ramsey and whoever it was on this site that put $100 on the Cats over 5.5 wins–expected a pretty dismal season. I mean, have you seen the schedule? I, personally, was expecting just 3 wins and hoping they’d pull an upset or possibly two over UL, MSU, or Vandy. I’m traveling to Gainesville on Saturday and I expect nothing less than a massacre. But that won’t stop me from drinking a cold beer, cheering on my team, and having a good time.

The point is, why is everyone acting so shocked and disappointed? Yes UK sucks, but I think we had a pretty good idea of that going in. It’s just been confirmed a little earlier than expected, that’s all. I hate to state the obvious, Stuart, but since it is a true statement, ESPN isn’t really teasing us about looking forward to basketball season. Nov 9 is when the expectations begin.

5. RICK
    4:26 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

#4 I salute you for going to the game and watching what will be a butt kicking. When i drink my first beer sat. in front of the tv also to watch the butt kicking my first beer will be for you.

6. john4uk
    4:31 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

At least the Cats made a “Top Ten”list in football,and one they richly deserve.

7. barn
    4:42 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

damn! Another new low

8. BigBlueFever
    6:47 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

DAMN, THANKS JOKER….WHY THE HELL DON’T YOU JUST QUIT AND LET US HIRE A REAL COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Truth
    6:55 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

#6 UK was ranked #7 for a week in 2007.

10. DIORIO'S PIZZA
    7:00 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

Yew Kay is the DePaul of NCAA Football.

11. shinny
    7:18 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

It’s really sad. Barnfart let the “mo go” with the hire of Joker

12. muffy
    8:20 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

Joker is a joke.

13. UK Fan
    10:17 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

Can’t we get Cal to pull some strings to get UMass and Memphis on our schedule for next year?

14. Jerry Tipton
    12:25 am September 20, 2012 Permalink

Clearly every school Cal has coached at he has brought the kiss of death to their football program. Adding insult to injury will be when the NCAA vacates the 2012 title.

15. Cobra
    3:47 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Rick, UK has thugs. We had a linebacker dealing drugs. We have three players that were just arrested for doing drugs. Hell, we even have thug fans beating each other while tailgating. It’s only a matter of time before Louisville will be calling us the Thugs! And our behavior after winning 8 didn’t help either.

16. Biglaw Dawgin'
    4:42 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

5 – Thanks Rick, I’ll need it. I’m sure I’ll be catching a lot of hell in my UK shirt and “fancy” (i.e., non denim) shorts.