Kentucky clinches double-bye, now we cheer for Ole Miss

Although there are still moving parts to be settled, Kentucky officially clinched a double-bye in next week’s SEC Tournament with the win over Florida this afternoon. If Ole Miss beats LSU today, Kentucky will clinch the #2 seed. Today, we are all Ole Miss fans.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

24 Comments for Kentucky clinches double-bye, now we cheer for Ole Miss

1. Ridge Runner
    2:23 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

As I mentioned below (and others did as well)…but soooo heppay for the heart we showed & it is just as sarisfying to me as the win.

2. Franks and Beans
    2:27 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Why does it matter what Ole Miss does? Best they can do is tie us with a win and we win the tiebreaker. Isn’t it the UGA vs. Bama game that matters?

3. crazycatfan
    2:27 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

#1 – Totally agree! They were enjoying it too!!!

4. HellofromTexas
    2:28 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Yeah I’d think the Alabama vs Georgia game would be the game to watch. We have the tie breaker against Ole Miss.

5. Mike
    2:30 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Maybe we can make a decent post season run if we can find out why Wusstjer has turned into a “nut job” lately and get WCS to stop some of those stupid, obvious fouls.

6. merlins
    2:31 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Harrow is so good! he’s definitely leaving after the championship. Him and Poythress are unstoppable!!

7. UK Homer
    2:33 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Would love to see us beat Mizzou, UF, or another decent RPI team prior to Selection Sunday…just to be safe. Ally, who is on our side of the bracket?

8. 1Cats Fan1
    2:34 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Wow, of we were gonna split the last 2 games of regular season, I’m glad it was UF we beat. I think UF win helps more than GA loss hurts. What about WCS, it didn’t show on the stats but he’s the main reason we won! Harrow, Goodwin, and Mays all really stepped up too. I think we’re guaranteed NCAA tournament bid if we have at least 1 tourney game win. Go CATS!

9. Mike
    2:35 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

I am so miserable. My life sucks. The sky is falling and the glass is always less than half empty. I suck too. I hate myself and you all too. Hate me please

10. Franks and Beans
    2:36 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Here’s the deal on the tiebreaker. But I’m too lazy to check who has what and who needs to win.
    Guess I’ll take Ms. Tucker’s word for it.

(from secsports.com)
    2. Three-Team Tie (or more). When three or more teams are tied, the following procedure
    will be used in the following order until the tie is broken. If two teams remain tied after a
    tiebreaker provision, the two-team tiebreaker formula will be used.
    A. Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team
    A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 – – Team A would be seeded highest,
    Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).
    B. Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceeding
    through the No. 12 seed, if necessary).
    C. If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.
    D. If three or more teams remain, draw by the Commissioner.

11. Cat Fan and Robin
    2:40 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Shhh…don’t look now but Poythress had 12 boards! What? 1 point shy of a double-double.

12. Mike
    2:40 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

I’m an ignorant moron. Listen to me whine. Kyle Wiltjer stole my imaginary girlfriend and set her up with some dude named manti. I hate myself.

13. Rixter
    2:41 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

I’d like to see Missouri in the # 4 slot, in the upper bracket with Florida

14. Miller
    2:42 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

This is why women shouldn’t report sports, we need Alabama to lose.

15. niaps
    2:43 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

If the Cats can play like this against Fld. and MO. why can they not play that way all the time. Frustrating is what this team is but good win and now need a couple in the SEC tourney.

16. GoBig Blue SusieQ
    2:48 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Hey Ally-i am in a bar celebrating with Mike and Jeff and they say Alabama is the one who needs to lose. Are THEY right?

17. Rixter
    2:49 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

1 – 3 vs 1 – 25 (All of those vs Top 10)
    1 – 1 vs 26 – 50
    5 – 5 vs 51 – 100

So, we are 7 – 9 against top 100 this year, and our RPI is 54…. that’s just not that shabby

18. Mike
    2:52 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

I agree with #2. Ole Miss game doesn’t matter. If Alabama wins we tie them and they have tie breaker since they beat us

19. Mike
    2:55 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

I’m not the same Mike in 9 and 12

20. Mike
    2:58 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

No wait, I am 9 but not 12, and who the hell is 19. Anyways I still suck and hate myself. Call me Michelle not Mike from now on

21. Michelle
    3:05 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

I am now Michelle. This is the new me. Maybe now Kyle will notice me when I yell for him. Anybody have some extra tampons?

22. Fact Check
    3:18 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

This post is right. Of all scenarios, if Ole Miss wins, period, UK gets the No. 2 seed. They’re up 13 with 9:30 to go.

For those saying we get #2 if Alabama wins, that’s not necessarily true. Only way a Bama win helps is if Ole Miss also wins. Bama and Mizzou win, we get #3. Bama only, we get #3. Easiest thing for UK to get #2 is for Ole Miss to win, no matter who else wins or loses. Of course, best scenario would be Mizzou, LSU and Georgia to beat UT, Ole Miss and Bama so that a) UK gets #2 and b) helps us as far as the bubble.

23. yessirree
    3:54 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Final Score from Baton Rouge: Ole Miss 81, LSU 67.

24. Yessirree
    3:57 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Final Score from Baton Rouge: Ole Miss 81 LSU 67.