Kentucky adds two walk-ons

sam-malone

If you thought the 2011-2012 basketball roster was so set, you were wrong. Coach Cal has added two new walk-ons, Sam Malone and Brian Long. Malone is a point guard from Scituate, Massachusettes. He is not the owner and bartender on Cheers. Long is from New Jersey.

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT

Article written by Drew Franklin

45 Comments for Kentucky adds two walk-ons

1. Sexington
    9:14 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

Not very cal like… But I love the underdogs

2. Hoss
    9:16 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

This WAZOO show is actually palatable w/o that normal stoner dude as host. That guy is just awful. This team is almost enjoyable. Who knew?

3. Buckets
    9:17 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

Sam Malone? Awesome. I wonder if he’s already dying his hair to keep it black? But in all seriousness, if KSR doesn’t get rid of the stupid autoplay video, I don’t think I’ll be visiting as often. I love this site, but nothing ticks me off more when surfing the web and an autoplay video blasting nonsense through the speakers I really don’t care about.

4. Hoss
    9:18 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

3- turn the volume down on that player once and it will always be muted when you come back.

5. Buckets
    9:19 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

P.s. Welcome to Big Blue Nation, fellas.

6. KSR1080Fan
    9:21 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

#BBN… where everyone knows your name!

7. Aziz
    9:22 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

If Sam Malone gets in the game, I can only hope the students/fans start singing the Cheers theme song…

8. SexyRexy
    9:25 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

KSR has jumped the shark. This is old news. My sources(Ant Davis) tweeted this out last night. Nice job Franklin, way to wreck the ship in your first week. JK

9. lets be honest
    9:33 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

Does KSR break any news or does it simply regurgitate info from other sources. I mean, this story about walk-ons was first ‘broke’ on the ky rivals site last night. I thought Matty had better connections. Pretty lame actually.

10. Chubs
    9:35 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

I hear Norm Peterson is the water boy.

11. bung
    9:35 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

any vid on our new guys?

12. Ted Danson
    9:36 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

I’m not seeing the importance of this news of ‘Sam Malone’ coming to UK. Your former coach, Billy Clyde, was recruiting me to play for the cats 3 years ago.

13. Markofthebeast
    9:36 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

Is Coach starting to sink into Tubbylike recruiting already? Unfortunately, this time Coach Cal went all maverick on us. Who are these guys? This is the worst day in Kentucky basketball history.

14. just saying
    9:38 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

I thought we had Twanny Beckham and Ryan Harrow at PG for the practice team.

15. Rick Pitino
    9:39 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

Damn you Coach Cal. Can you please leave someone for me to recruit. These were the only 2 guys I had left in my cross-hairs – and you come in and take them. Errrrrrrr.

16. Hunter
    9:40 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

17. Doubting Thomas
    9:41 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

Don’t jump to conclusions, there’s a reason for everything Coach does. Sometimes we don’t know or we might never know but there is a reason. Count on it.

18. Eloy
    9:41 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

With all this new talent coach is bringing in – should I be worried?

19. FU of L
    9:42 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

You people bashing KSR for posting news about walk-ons that “broke” last night need to get a freakin’ life. Jeez. It’s a blog. In as ridiculous a manner as possible. You people act like it’s UKESPN.

20. KevinC
    9:43 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

I hear we’re also adding Clifford Claven from Boston, Mass. He’s apparently a beast on the boards….they call him “The Mailman”.

21. bung
    9:43 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

Thanks for the info. First I had heard bout them.

22. funny
    9:44 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

#16 – I see what you did there. I would like to say, ‘cleaver’ – but I think I’ll just say, ‘doucheY.’ And thanks for proving my point that yall got nothing…

23. funnyer
    9:48 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

#19 – is your name also hunter, aka #16? Or are you just his boy friend. And I get the whole, “most ridiculous manner possible” thing, i get it. But that is just cover, they can’t say, “we’re lame 99% of the time”, can they?

24. Poco Chang
    9:50 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

I’m going home Scituate all the tater chips.

25. Kyle
    9:53 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

just wanted to say I didn’t think the tweet informing everybody that Rich Brooks got so drunk was very cool. You don’t need to report everything.

26. FU of L
    9:53 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

23 – Go to Card Chronicle where you belong, ya douchebag troll. I got your boyfriends dangling between my legs. All three of them.

27. FU of L's Mom
    10:00 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

I’m sorry everyone. My 11 year old son has been acting up on the computer again. Gawd, he is a pain in my azz. If you hadn’t noticed, he is a bit of an internet tough guy. This little sh!t is scared of his own shadow. He won’t even take the garbage out after dark. I always knew his daddy was gay, but he was the only thing my 450 lb. butt could get. Again, sorry for my son’s behavior.

28. Shut the hell up please
    10:13 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

To the douche(s) griping about KSR not breaking news and being “lame”(#s 9,16, 23)…I don’t read other UK sites because they aren’t as funny as KSR, so if KSR didn’t report it, I wouldn’t know anything about it. So suck it, I’m glad KSR “regurgitates” info.

29. Buckets
    10:16 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

Yay!!!!! No more autoplay!!!!!!

30. Chuck Norris
    10:21 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

In somewhat related news, Huckleberry Tiberius “Woody” Boyd is reportedly walking on at IU.

31. FU of L
    10:25 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

27 – Says the keyboard cowboy who asked if I was Hunter’s boyfriend, just for telling you jerkoffs to stop complaining about a free site not giving you the most up-to-date “news” about a couple of walk-ons. Gotta have that walk-on news! Talk about 11-year-old childishness. As I said already, go to Card Chronicle or insidehowielindsey’sbell.com where you belong, you filthy Cardinal troll.

32. Buckets
    10:34 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

28 – Ditto!

33. Wheaties with a splash of pee
    10:34 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

#28, #31, hunter – Just cause someone calls out this site, doesn’t mean you gotta take up for it like someone kicked sand in your face at the beach. It cracks me up when someone calls out this site for ANYTHING, the inter-web tough-guys come out and call you a uofl fan and start telling people to leave the site. I am a UK fan (and like ksr) but I’m not up Matt’s azz so far that I can’t also call his site out for getting out-scooped by the rivals site. I realize this is just news about ‘walk-ons’ but what other news is not getting out cause Matt is connected or just doesn’t want to upset the apple cart – or lose his seat on media row???

34. FU of L
    10:44 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

33 – Getting “out-scooped” over a tweet about walk-ons sure has your panties in a bunch. So much so that it’s got you calling posters other poster’s boyfriends, calling people’s fathers gay and saying their mothers weigh 450 pounds, and then talking about Internet tough guys. What a complete paradox/hypocrite you are. Now go to hell. Good day.

35. Wheaties with a splash of pee
    10:56 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

‘FU of L’ – looks like I hit a nerve with one of those comments. Sorry if I hit the nail on the head with one or all of my comments about you. I will admit that you are a bigger internet tough-guy than me. Now, go to the closest mirror and flex one out.

36. Cheers!
    11:15 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

NORM!!

37. _Blackhawk_
    11:24 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

@35 – wonder who will have the ‘news’ first about where Cal is eating lunch today…KSR or the KY rival site? Let’s file it along with the walk ons as #whoreallycares

38. Bruce Pearl
    11:36 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

What’s the word on the chick in the background?

39. just wondering
    11:39 am August 29, 2011 Permalink

will this come with kristie alley as a fan?

40. NBA league pass
    12:19 pm August 29, 2011 Permalink

38)hahaha

41. Dave A
    3:10 pm August 29, 2011 Permalink

I grew up no more than 10 miles from Malone’s hometown. I’m gonna have to adopt the kid!

42. Woody
    3:45 pm August 29, 2011 Permalink

Pour you a drink, Norm? Just as soon as I can fit my fat ass up on this bar stool.

43. bob
    6:45 pm August 29, 2011 Permalink

Hey atleast we dont have Peter Jerkin like IU has.

44. Lex07