Keep The Party Going With The UK Postgame Show

hopson-uk

The regular season ended on a high in Knoxville and the Cats now prepare for a Friday game in Atlanta with either South Carolina or Ole Miss.  Before we start making plans to hang out this week in the city of Randolph Morris, let’s sit back and appreciate the game that was.  Brandon Knight caught fire and DeAndre Liggins was spitting it.  Eloy Vargas even showed up for seven productive minutes.  We have plenty to talk about.  Ryan Lemond will be anchoring the postgame show on 840 WHAS with Matt calling in over the phone.  ou can dial it up on 840 AM or stream it online here. It’s your party today. Let the world hear your voice by calling (502) 571-8484.

Article written by Thomas Beisner

31 Comments for Keep The Party Going With The UK Postgame Show

1. reality
    3:23 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

1st?!

2. bigcat4453
    3:26 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

And so you are…

3. bg cat
    3:26 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

whoooo ! what a big win.

4. afidler
    3:27 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

Anyone else not getting the stream to work?

5. the real slim kanter
    3:35 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

Nothing is playing for me.

6. J. David Hamlett
    3:35 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

It’s been a successful basketball season already, sweeping Tennessee and beating Louisville in the big Chicken BUCKET!

7. Johnny Pickens
    3:37 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

Long live Chester!!!! Where is ole boy Chester???????

8. 501 Jorts
    3:40 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

The sweat-hog goes down in defeat yet again.

9. markp
    3:42 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

they lowdown, they dirty, they some snitches………………..

10. BBQ
    3:44 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

Not quite the finish we wanted, but every is invited over to Pearls house for a season ending pig roast. It’s BYOR, bring your own recruit.

11. uncle fester
    3:48 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

One of the callers (“Joe”) was definitely Joe B. Hall. Voice was a dead giveaway. Not sure if you guys caught it on the air.

12. Computer Blue
    3:50 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

I like our SEC bracket. Think we actually got an easier road than Florida. And chances at redemption possibly against Ole Miss and Alabama.

13. Alan Cutler's Fart
    4:00 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

Can I get a AMEN for Darius FINALLY dunking the ball?!?! More and more I find myself wishing Coach Cal would take a play from the Celtics playbook: give your closer (in this case Miller and the C’s case Pierce) the ball, spread the floor, and let him go to work. I trust Darius’ decision making more than Jones’, and he’s got the height and skill to finish or pass to and open shooter. Darius is clutch.

14. TheGuyPitinoForgotToPayToGetFreshFishAtPorchinis
    4:00 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

Based on the picture… now we know how Scotty got his flat top.

It was Miller Time!

15. NotTheSlickistRick
    4:01 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

10) Isn’t that a career ending BBQ?

16. Darius Miller
    4:01 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

I wonder what I coul dhave been if Billy G had not tormented me…….

17. GO CATS
    4:02 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

12, yeah we do have an easier road. They might have to play vandy in the semis and UT in first round and we still got tough games with USC/Ole Miss. But if we win we got Alabama I take that over Ut and Vandy:)

TJones really struggled today dont know what was wrong with him. Im not seeing him in the top 10 of the draft…Hopson cant score well when ole liggins is guarding him hahahhahahhah

18. deer boss
    4:02 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

comments

19. Burlington_UK_fan
    4:03 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

Starting a new job tomorrow. Gonna have to listen to the game on the radio Friday. Crap.

20. Coach Matthew Mitchell
    4:04 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

Please don’t forget that we play Tennessee today also for a SEC championship at 4:30. Watch on espn360!! Go Cats and watch us beat those dirty sn(b)itches!!

21. Zach
    4:05 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

anyone know where i can get some decently priced sec tourney tickets, or does anyone have any to sell? im a student so i get them for 10$ but my parents want to go with me too if the price is not too steep. so hit me up if you can help me out, looking for 2-3 tickets. thanks. [email protected]

22. RidgeRunner
    4:06 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

God, what an absolute great win for sooo many reasons! Yup, 20..I hear ya -Go Lady Cats too!

23. CatFan-n-TN
    4:26 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

Who the best dunker in the SEC?… fan poll on secsports.com… lets go get it right!!!

24. murftukelton
    4:29 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

I hope someone tells TJones that no individual is better than a team. Pass the effing ball. Not completely sure about this stat, but seemed every time TJ passed after stumbling into the lane instead of jacking up some prayer of a shot from his hip, someone else scored. All in all, gg Cats, let’s get some in the SEC tourney.

25. Viren
    4:33 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

We know Pat Summit is pissed that Bruce Pearl’s troops were upset and now will use this as a motivation tool for Lady Vols. I hope we keep it close and steal one and send Victoria Dunlap with a bang in her senior season!!! She has made Lady Wildcats relevant took them to SEC Championship game last year before falling to Vols and Elite Eight finish. I hope she can take one step closer and make a final four run.

26. Rhodesmissedfreethrow
    5:06 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

can we leave terrence jones in knoxville, i swear we are a better team without him

27. kramer
    5:31 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

Maybe Billy G could coach UT next year!!!

28. Ryan Lemond
    5:48 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

Seen my wife? WOW!!!!!

29. Al's IndiCats
    6:05 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

26 I agree! If I’m seeing right there isn’t an “I” in Terrence Jones. But evidently he does. C’mon Terrence you’re man enough, and there’s another four guys out there, you’ll get drafted for there’s no doubt.

30. reb
    9:19 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

and maybe hood can transfer to UT and be reunited with his lovefest coach

31. tdr76
    9:37 pm March 6, 2011 Permalink

Terrence is a tremendous talent! When he has the ball in the middle if players collapse on him in the middle he should kick the ball immediately instead of being trapped. This would probably result in a made 3 point basketball. The result would be defenses having to play him honest, one on one. In other words Jones if you want to become a more dangerous scorer become a better passer. Remember as soon as the defensive player makes the move pass it to the open shooter. This will make you unguardable.