Kasey Hill probably won’t be in Lexington tomorrow

It was rumored that Kasey Hill might have been joining Troy Williams on a visit for tomorrow’s game against Louisville, but Garrett Tucker is reporting that won’t be the case. The class of 2013 may end up being the best in recruiting history for the Cats and while most would favor a Harrison twins combo over the talents of Hill, the dynamic 6’1 playmaker from Florida is a player highly coveted by John Calipari.

Scout ranks Hill as a five star player and the second best point guard in his class. This was their breakdown of his game:

He is a pure point guard, but Hill also has the ability to score when needed. A smart player, he does a good job of getting into the lane and finishing or finding open teammates. Also he plays with a great pace and never gets rushed. Now he isn’t the biggest player, and could benefit from more time in the weight room, but that is nitpicking and Hill does so many things to help his team win.

My friend, Hunt, was raving about Hill last night so I dug up his summer mixtape and it’s exciting to imagine what kind of monster class John Calipari could assemble in 2013. I’d still say that Nerlens Noel is my number one want, but Hill is quickly growing on me. I hope he enjoys watching the Cardinal beat down on TV.

Article written by Matthew Hays

18 Comments for Kasey Hill probably won’t be in Lexington tomorrow

1. Harlanhick
    6:22 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Wow…just really wow

2. DreadHead
    6:35 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

This kid looks extra nice…But I am still on the Nerlens Noel bandwagon as my number 1 recruit…Has he said much about his visit to Louisville?

3. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    6:43 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

UK just took interest in him recently, and he’s a west coast kid, but I really like Aaron Gordon. He’s my most wanted for 2013. Brother of former UCLA and New Mexico player Drew Gordon. 6’7 small forward.

4. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    6:43 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

but Kasey Hill looks super nasty in this vid.

5. bleedingblue
    6:50 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Reminds me of Bledsoe on his athleticism but a little more smooth.

6. bleedingblue
    6:51 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Reminds me of Bledsoe with his athleticism but more smooth.

7. bleedingblue
    6:51 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Why in the world is my post not showing up?

8. bleedingblue
    6:52 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Now it shows up.

9. louisvillesucks
    6:57 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Wow this guy has vision, and can deliver on it!

10. Brandon
    8:32 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Wow, ok… Where did this recruit come from? I can see why Cal is high on this kid. Kasey Hill is a name that we won’t soon forget. Get em’ Cal… (please)

11. Jeff
    9:39 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Just watched Kasey win the MVP at the Kingdom of the Sun tourney here in Ocala, Florida. There were several UK fans in attendance to see his 4 day performance. He has the “IT” factor and is a true point guard. He wears #11-no dount who his favorite Cat was.

Jeff

12. Jeff
    10:03 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

*doubt

13. mashburnfan1
    10:38 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

Hill has been in Florida, first at Mount Dora Baptist and last year at Montverde as a Soph. He is a special player and is now coached by one Mr. Boyle, the guy who coached MKG and was high school coach of the year. Montverde will be producing top level talent every year, they have a kid going to UF{Frazier} who in some games has been their sixth man and he averaged 30 points a game last year at Plant High. Also there is a kid at Lake Highland Prep {soph Joel Berry} being coached by former NBA player Jeff Turner who seems to be a legit top prospect. Jeff in Ocala what did you think of him at Kindom tourney?

14. mashburnfan1
    10:40 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

*Kingdom tourney*

15. The Rack
    11:11 pm December 30, 2011 Permalink

I’ve been telling people that Kasey Hill is better than BOTH Harrison twins for months now. Think Brandon Knight with Bledsoe’s athleticism. DO NOT LET THIS KID GO TO LOUISVILLE. His outside shooting alone is worth more than two Harrison twins. Good God please let Cal land this dude.

16. mashburnfan1
    12:24 am December 31, 2011 Permalink

15}I’m more worried he is going to UF and play with Frazier

17. Nick
    3:08 am December 31, 2011 Permalink

This guys moves reminds me of John Wall…the quick direction changes, bizarre and tricky passes and incredible ups. Wall would likely have the edge in speed and height (Wall is 3 inches taller).

18. James
    10:00 am December 31, 2011 Permalink

17 agreed this kid is John wall 2.0 with a much nastier crossover and it looks like he has a better shot too. I hope this kid picks UK.