Karl Towns “Center of Attention” documentary promo

The New England area sports blog, news outlet, and television show MSG Varsity has something very special in store for Big Blue Nation. It is close to revealing a detailed look into future Wildcat Karl Towns’ life like nobody has ever seen. The film crew’s latest work, “Center of Attention” focuses on how Towns got his start in basketball, how he maintains his positive attitude in life, and will surely showcase how bright the future is.

This is a promo for the documentary, which will be released next week on July 21 on MSGVarsity.com. This kid is just special. Not only is he a spectacular athlete, but he cares about his community and he wants to succeed in more ways than just on the court. This guy is going to do big things.

Article written by Stuart Hammer

B.S. Broadcast Journalism from the University of Kentucky. @StuartHammerKSR

11 Comments for Karl Towns “Center of Attention” documentary promo

1. Awaiting Moderation
    8:46 am July 19, 2013 Permalink

And he has already started hitting the weight room too…hence why he isn’t playing AAU ball

2. Andrew
    9:14 am July 19, 2013 Permalink

I just worry this will uncover some sort of illegal benefit and he’ll never see the court

3. Allen on Whitehall
    9:59 am July 19, 2013 Permalink

wow.

4. HeDucksUnderDoorways
    10:26 am July 19, 2013 Permalink

I feel bad for him sitting in those desks in the classroom.

5. BAdams
    10:42 am July 19, 2013 Permalink

Ive said it and well continue to always say it…Cal does not get enough credit for the type of players he brings on campus. He brings in good guys who are humbled and have great family support. Towns seems like an awesome kid.

6. bloobloodcat
    10:43 am July 19, 2013 Permalink

my exact words #3…seems like a fantastic kid with nothing but great things ahead of him in life

7. Ridiculously Overstated
    11:24 am July 19, 2013 Permalink

Wonder if BTI welcomes a kid like Towns who hits the books and has great character? I mean, you know- since he apparently does not smoke weed and hang out at the bars until 2 AM every weekend? After all, that could disrupt team chemistry. The team GPA would go up, but the team blood/alcohol level and blood/THC level might drop. And- worst of all- he might be thought of as “uncool” by his teammates. They may worry he might be a narc. Now what kind of team chemistry would that be? Towns: “Yo, I’m open! Throw me the rock!” Teammate: “If I can’t pass you the blunt, I sure as hell aint passin’ you the rock bee-och!”

8. Geography Teacher
    11:49 am July 19, 2013 Permalink

Hey KSR writers! Since when in New Jersey part of New England? Last time I checked MSG/MSGVARSITY, covers the Mid-Atlantic-States. Just saying, keep up the great work guys and gals of course!

9. kyrobman
    11:56 am July 19, 2013 Permalink

Kid is and will become a fan favorite.

10. Towns Named Karl
    12:01 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

This kid is a future great. I’m already anticipating he will be one of my favorite Cats of the Cal. Great kid, smart kid, and he’s a 7 footer that can do EVERYTHING on the court. I cannot wait to see him in Blue. Maybe he can lead us to #10.

11. Jimmymack
    9:29 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

This is a once in a generation guy. We are lucky to have him. !