Karl Towns already impressive at the Nike Hoops Summit

BHw0s3YCEAAKrWD
Mmmm…popcorn.

The Nike Hoop Summit isn’t until Saturday, but Karl Towns is already turning heads in Portland, Oregon.

The 2014 UK commit is playing for the World Team, and during warm-ups today, hit 17 of 24 threes from behind the NBA three-point line. He also measured 7’0″ tall with a ridiculous 7’3.5″ inch wingspan.

Oh yeah, he’ll be playing alongside Andrew Wiggins all week, who is also his roommate. Can’t hurt.

Screen shot 2013-04-15 at 3.44.01 PM

31 Comments for Karl Towns already impressive at the Nike Hoops Summit

1. Brandon
    5:04 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

Now that is a lot of talent in that room…

2. gamer guy
    5:04 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

wonder if these two are “campers”

3. reedwizard
    5:05 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

Seriously, with all of these UK guys playing with Wiggins, surely he’s going to say to himself “damn, all the good dudes go to UK!”

4. Eric K
    5:06 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

GO CATS!!

5. Uk3k_j
    5:08 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

Get em Karl!

6. blueblue
    5:10 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

Yet another recruiter for the BigBlue!!! Go CATS!!!

7. Blue Jesus
    5:10 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

The threes sound impressive but one time I saw Jared Carter hit like eight straight, so I don’t know what to believe anymore.

8. Roland
    5:16 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

“Playing call of duty”? Oh, the irony.

9. blueblue
    5:31 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

Just wondering if anyone has seen ANY pictures of Wiggins, from McDonald’s to Jordan Brand to Hoop Summit, where he was hanging out with somebody other than a UK commit!!

10. #9
    5:32 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

9– apparently hes bff’s with wayne seldon the kansas commit….and they spent a lot of time together at the MDAA game/festivities.

11. Big Bear
    5:34 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

Who do we thank for those room assignments?

12. UK
    5:45 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

11) Well it is the NIKE Hoop Summit….and Kentucky is one of Nike’s biggest schools….

13. blueblue
    5:50 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

We can probably thank Nike for those room assignments!!! LOL

14. blueblue
    5:51 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

Dang, somebody beat me to that one.

15. FLASHY
    5:52 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

Looks like KSR is not getting many clicks today. Good thing I’m here.

I did some research early today. I was on-site, in various locations, various educational facilities. I can tell you for certain, based on reputable sources: Wiggins had PB&J today for lunch. He had grapes and small house salad with Ranch (I know, I’m as surprised as you all, thought he’d be a Thousand Island guy).

16. lonnieb
    5:58 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

i want him badly….but as long as its ku or fsu i could care less…..unc has some other talent and with him maybe they would make a legit opponent…..but i could.care less about the other 2

17. Bryan in Houston
    6:10 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

Look if we can’t get him after all the stars aligning with him playing with UK guys right and left, I will just concede it wasn’t meant to be. He seems like a good kid and I wish him the best regardless. We will be great next year either way but it sure would be nice.

Now what did Andrew Harrison mean about his tweet early today. Something about “they gonna be mad at us today” (paraphrasing)

18. BigBlueFan from the NKY
    6:17 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

I do have some bad news report. I have been hearing multiple rumors around the area that Drew Barker is down to two schools in Kentucky and South Carolina. At the moment, he is leaning toward South Carolina is what I have heard.

19. Danny G
    6:20 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

Are those royal blue shorts I see on Mr. Wiggins!? Lol just saying.

20. Roland
    6:22 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

18, not enough confidence on what you have heard to link us up or to give info on your source?

I didn’t think so!

21. BigBlueFan from the NKY
    6:24 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

20, I have a really good friend that knows Barker very well and he says that Stoops is working it, and said that Barker may go here because of Cam Fogle

22. Roland
    6:30 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

Last I heard, Cam Fogle only had a couple of preferred walk on offer:

Cam Fogle Recruiting Update:
    Cam went to Lexington on Friday and tweeted that it was a great day. He says he will decide which preferred walk-on offer to take – UK or UC.

source:

23. Roland
    6:38 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

This:
    Cameron Fogle has decided to accept a walk-on position at Kentucky. The Conner High (Ky.) prospect talked with FOX Sports Next about his situation.

source:

24. Roland
    6:41 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

21, So which is it, Barker to UK or to that visor throwing Grumpy Old Man?

25. Roland
    6:42 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

@specialk44:
    Call of duty!

26. dave
    6:50 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

he kinda looks like the fresh prince

27. BigBlueFan from the NKY
    7:08 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

24, I haven’t heard the final word yet. But, it will be one of those two. And Fogle has already accepted at UK

28. Smart Person
    7:57 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

This means that Wiggins is going to stay for two years. Everybody has said he doesn’t like the spot light.

29. Lil c
    7:58 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

THIS JUST IN ……Andrew Wiggins just farted!! Thats right people, he broke wind, and it was amazing! We havent seen a high school kid fart like that since Labron!! We’ll keep you posted as soon as we know anything else. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

30. Cats in the NBA
    8:08 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

29.) You took the time to type that about a high school kid?

31. Enough already
    8:55 pm April 15, 2013 Permalink

It was reported a few minutes ago that Andrew Wiggins has been disqualified for life by the NCAA from competing in mens college basketball………..Aparently it was discovered that the kids name is actually Andrea and he has been masquerading as a male athlete his entire life. UCONN has already sent some assistant coaches to her house to try and pursuade her to join their 2013 women’s team………………..YOU PEOPLE HAVE WAY TOO MUCH FREE TIME……..let the kid breathe a little.