Just when you thought Indiana fans were done…

… they go and do something like this.

There’s a new tribute to the Christian Watford buzzer-beater, this time through Christmas lights.  It’s… I don’t know.  I don’t know what to say.  I can’t even write anything right now.  I’m stunned.  I can’t believe this is real.  It’s right there — I’m looking at it — and I still don’t believe it.  Someone really synched their Christmas display to the call of the Watford buzzer-beater.  Is this real life?  It can’t be.  Tell me I’m still asleep.  Tell me I’m not really watching this.  Please.  Someone.  Tell me this is just some sick joke.  I can’t take this anymore.

Indiana fans will never, ever, ever, ever, ever live this one down.  Ever.  My grandkids will laugh at this — once I tell them who Christian Watford is, of course.

Unbelievable.

Un-be-Sweet-Sixteen-lievable.

Article written by Drew Franklin

70 Comments for Just when you thought Indiana fans were done…

1. CatsFan
    8:04 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Butch Jones has been hired by TN. Stoops is still a better hire I believe. I know UK was looking at Jones too, but Stoops will be better I believe.

2. Brad Young
    8:04 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

We need to start responding with 1975

3. B-Lord
    8:06 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Those lights are giving me a seizure.

4. JoeMoney333
    8:09 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

That could have been cool. Those lights-to-sound stuff just doesn’t work with a game call tho, and it just becomes a seizure inducing pile of chaos.

5. James
    8:09 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

This is on the borderline of just pathetic.

6. markp
    8:11 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Why does this site pay attention to IU or U of L. Let’s just stick to UK stuff.

7. Blue
    8:12 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

I wonder what it’s like to cling to a home win in December as the greatest moment in program history.

8. lexiladyrr
    8:12 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Nauseating. This guy has never been laid. Guaranteed.

9. WildcatFan
    8:13 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

I hate to admit that’s cool, but it is. Cal needs to add this to his speech when he says “We’re everyone’s Super Bowl…We lose to them and they synchronize Christmas lights on their house to it. I can’t hide you here.”

10. bigbluelou
    8:13 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

I soooo hope Indiana gets an early exit come tourney time! That being said, I am confident that the NCAA will make sure that the Loosiers get as easy a path as possible.

11. Oh great . . . .
    8:20 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

GREAT!!! With Butch Jones hired by UT, looks like we will continue to get our @$$ kicked by Tennessee . . . Oh we’ll, some things never change . . . .

12. knightshead
    8:23 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

if the hoosiers dont win it this year bobby knights head will swell up and explode. He thinks Ind cant compete without him.

13. knightshead
    8:24 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

i hope it spontainously combust before that

14. knightshead
    8:26 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

sorry spontaneously for all you spell checkers

15. Sammydog
    8:26 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

the vols just hired butch jones.

16. nassau65
    8:27 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

well, what else do they have?
    sad, actually that a “rush the court” ,regular season, home game would be the highlight of a team’s year. Your supposed to act like you’ve been there before,
    unless you haven’t.

17. The Real, Real Scott
    8:30 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

If that’s all they have to hang their hat on… That is sad… For a program that has won 5 titles they act like amateurs all the time..

18. bobby knight red headed step son
    8:31 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

That’s awful looks like santa had a seizure while taking a big dump on tom creans house

19. Absent on D
    8:32 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

If Marcus Teague hasn’t taken the play off and guarded the passing lanes on the play, and if Miller had been guarding the perimeter instead of standing in or near the paint, there’s no way they could have gotten a remotely good shot off.

It’s kind of amazing on such a key play having a brain fart by two players, but it happened. Wish we would have beaten them, because if so, we may have gone undefeated that year, meaning we may not have let Vandy beat us. But I’m grateful for hanging the banner. Let’s get 40 in a row next year.

20. MattO
    8:32 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Because, #6, this site is infinitely more entertaining to read when it’s making fun of our rivals. News is great, but it’s not always entertaining.

21. Big Whoop
    8:32 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Shows how much IU had fallen and how IU fans and UL fans are almost alike in their “Little Brother” attitudes. Can you imagine UK fans doing this in 1975 or any other game where the score was close at the end?

22. StanTheUKFan
    8:33 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Christian Who? I have forgotten him already.

23. bobbyknightredheadedstepson
    8:33 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

24. billy
    8:34 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

After winning the NC why do Uk fans concern themselves with this stuff? Really?

25. I'm With Mark
    8:34 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

I find the obsession with IU and UL tiresome at KSR as well. I just want UK news. If we’re not playing
    either one of them in the next 24 hours, I don’t wanna hear about them in any way shape or form.
    I wish there was a way to “ignore” such posts so I didn’t even have to see them. To give this much
    attention to those schools just proves that at least as far as KSR is concerned, the fans of those schools
    are right– this partiuclar (KSR) group of UK fans are VERY concerned about IU/UL. Plenty of us
    out here are not. Sadly though, KSR is the most updated and most up to date site to get UK news
    from, so we’re stuck with the personalities of KSR who are indeed obsessed and overly focused
    on OTHER schools. I believe it also invites trolls here, which makes it difficult and time intensive
    to get anything of value from the comments section.

26. "You Can't Handle The Truth"
    8:34 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

I expected Tom Crean to have a bigger house.

27. cathalchan
    8:38 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Next thing you know, they will break out old films of the 1974 98-74 shellacking. Of course, I did paint 92-90 on the back of my basketbal goal to commemorate the revenge win which denied Bobby and the Loosiers a spot in the final four. Once a loosier, always a loosier. Just a new generation.

28. Grant
    8:39 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

IU’s obsessive celebration of that win would normally get under my skin. BUT, we went on to beat them in the tourney and then won the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Game. Set. Match. Go Big Blue!

29. CatsFanInKnoxville
    8:39 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

That’s probably The Truth’s house!

30. BLUE BLY
    8:40 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAHHAHA!!!!!

31. ktmiln2
    8:41 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

26- Awesome.

32. TooBadForYou
    8:45 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

25 Some of us like this site because it is entertaining. Sitting in front of a computer at work all day can be boring, and it’s nice to come here for a laugh. The funniest posts are those making fun of our rivals or teams we just don’t like. Yes, I like the informative part too, but I don’t want the comedy to be cut out just bc it invites trolls to the site. I’d rather read multiple posts a day about UK and rivals than half the amount of posts strictly talking about UK. They can make people register to comment and that would cut out some of the trolling, but its their site and and if they don’t want to do that, oh well.

33. Big Whoop
    8:46 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Jones is it at Eew T

You would think they could hire someone at a higher level than UK. I personally think we got the better coach. Could be wrong, but I don’t think so.

34. W.W.B.B.N.D?
    8:49 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Is that DickyV’s house? Why do people read posts and comment on them, then say they do not even care what was written?

35. haha
    8:50 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

more like, when is this pathetic excuse for a website (even in 1996) is going to stop obsessing with this?

36. Mrs. Tyler Thompson
    9:00 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

I think I just puked in my mouth a little bit.

37. Nick
    9:06 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

What 30 said.

38. fencepost
    9:09 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Ah Jones will be ok there on weekend’s the Vol’s and Hog’s they let there Players out of Jail on week endds to play

39. Scotty B
    9:12 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

If this site and its content annoy you so much as to post about it, please do yourself and the other readers who enjoy it a favor and go somewhere else. Its their site and its free. How can you complain? Start your own site.

40. J in Orlando
    9:13 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Word on the street is IU is giving their players rings to commemorate the creation of this video

41. BA
    9:17 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Typical IU fan. Living on the memory of one shot. I think they forgot it was just a regular season game.

42. joe
    9:19 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

I guess there’s nothing going on at Louisville today. Kinda creative, but alas who gives a shit. I liked it better when IU didn’t matter to us, they still don’t to me. Is this any more ridiculous than a coach cal head corn maze? Multiple UT posts coming to a UK site in 3…2…1

43. bluefan
    9:19 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Hahahahahahaha!
    Actually thought the fight song, team logo and lights was kinda cool…………and then they went to Watford. Hahahahaha Tools.

44. GuyWhoSentDrewTheVideo
    9:19 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

You’re welcome, Drew!

45. Giggity
    9:45 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

I’ll stick to watching One Shining Moment

46. Hang Ten!!!!!!!
    9:49 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Perfect use, Drew.

47. Hang Ten!!!!!!!
    9:53 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

I haven’t crossed the Blue Bridge since i bought my last 59fifty hat

48. rich
    9:54 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

they still haven’t checked the memo about that being a relatively meaningless regular season game.

49. BNClay
    9:57 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

If UK would have hired Jones BBN would be throwing a fit just like UT fans are doing now. Jones will have UT mired in mediocerity just a small step above were they are now. Then in 3-4 years will be fired. I think out of the 4 SEC opening UK probably made the best hire. Something I highly doubted would happen.

50. UKEngr
    10:07 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

25, 35: Go find a rock to crawl under, and never log on to the internet again. You really must not understand this site, or what it is about because of the comments you leave. I am SICK AND FREAKING TIRED of KSR bashers. YOU DONT HAVE TO READ THE FREAKING POST IF YOU SEE IT IS ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DONT LIKE. Honestly, leave your negativity in your head, where you can talk to yourself and care about what you have to say, because I for one don’t. Your negativity will help no one.

51. Kiddekat
    10:12 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Hey folks,
    That one game made their season. What made our season? A national championship. I’ll take that any day. They glorify in rings about one game, and we glorify in championship rings. Let us all smile and move on.

52. CatGrad7072
    10:25 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Good grief. What will they do if they win the championship this year?????????

53. I Got You
    10:27 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

I’m not mad, it’s just not good. I was totally expecting to see D. Miller closing out on Watford with a ball going in the basket. Instead, it more like Watford’s WWE entrance if he was ever a wrestler.

54. RealCatsFan
    10:31 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Someone needs to put up a blue and white UK Christmas light display with a big screen TV showing the National Championship celebration and One Shining Moment.

55. bill
    10:33 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Most pathetic fanbase on earth. How desperate are they to be validated by UK?

56. hilarious
    10:36 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

didn’t pUKe retire jerseys of players that just made it to the tournament?

57. clam
    10:46 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

I agree with the folks above who wish KSR had less IU and UofL stuff. I think it is because most of the KSR writers live in or are from the “Kentuckiana” area, so those other teams are on their radar more than the average UK fan. The last time I was in Louisville, I was watching the local news and was shocked to see a pretty long segment on IU basketball–I kept on thinking, “Am I in Kentucky?” Of course, the answer is “barely.”

58. JLivermore
    10:55 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

Nothing new here. Every team in the country that has ever beaten UK will remind you of it when you see them. If it helps them get up every morning, good for them.

59. Kenny
    11:13 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

If they had beat Louisville you would never here nothing about it!!! BBN ROCKS!!! CATS CATS CATS!!

60. theSkinny81
    11:21 am December 7, 2012 Permalink

35 – thanks for reading. and commenting. you’re awesome.

61. backpack
    12:24 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

It only took the truth 11 months and 27 days to finish this masterpiece.

62. TheBigToe
    12:30 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

What a loser. @26-Gold. Crean has been thinking about a new house lately. A lot.

63. smiffinator
    12:32 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Never have I ever seen a team so proud of a regular season win. I feel bad for a team that their greatest victory in years is a last second shot at the buzzer. This makes me so proud to be a UK fan were we celebrate National Championships instead of regular season wins. Haha who makes a trophy case for losing in the sweet sixteen ( that is really pathetic for real!!!) but I guess beating UK was their NC and I hope we gave IU fans something to be proud about after so many years of being pathetic. Enjoy your win because I know I am still celebrating our NC!!!

64. Chicago Chris
    12:35 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

If we don’t care so much, why do we keep drawing attention to this stuff?

65. TM
    12:36 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

This one has a much better “RING” to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSvJoS0G93E

66. Taylor
    12:57 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

“Knocked off” haha in a regular season game.

67. UKBlue
    2:59 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

What do you expect: IU & their fans are pathetic.

68. ukbradstith
    4:26 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Of course, if this was a UK house it would be the best thing in the world. In fact, pretty much everything that gets made fun of would be praised for it’s awesomeness if were UK. You know why IU fans keep reliving that game? Because it was one of the best games ever. I was on of the 10 uk fans there, and trust me it was probably the craziest, loudest arena I’ve ever been in. This game brought them back, like the unforgettables did for us. We have 4 guys in the rafters that never even made it past the elite 8. I know its all for fun, but I just think us UK fans are not consistent with our praise and criticism sometimes!

69. IULOL
    4:34 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Someone needs to re-upload that video with the audio of Tom Leach calling the end of the national championship game just to point out how pathetic that is. It was one midsession game. We won the national title. And the rematch with IU that actually mattered.

70. TampaCat
    5:49 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Hey IU !!! Do you remember 1975?