Just 2 weeks remaining in the high school season, and after this weekends semifinals, the 12 teams left playing will converge on Bowling Green for the state finals. Another defending state champion, St. Xavier of 6-A was eliminated, leaving 4 teams with a chance to repeat. But all 6 teams who came into the playoffs ranked #1 in their respective classes still remain, although Trinity and Bell County both have to play the 2nd ranked team in their class.
And I don’t know about you all, but I would love to see an extra week added onto the season and see the champions of each class square off in a mega-championship game. 1-A against 2-A, 3-A against 4-A, and 5-A against 6-A. Nonetheless, it is shaping up to be an exciting couple weeks for the fans of high school football in this state.
(Rankings determined from LIT Rankings Released before Playoffs. Defending Champs in Bold)
1. Mayfield at 3. Beechwood
6. Lexington Christian at 4. Hazard
4. Owensboro Catholic at 2. Danville
1. Newport Central Catholic at 12. Corbin
2. Paducah Tilghman at 5. Central
1. Somerset at 6. Belfry
4. Allen County-Scottsville at 11. Western
2. Boyle County at 1. Bell County
4. Christian County at 5. John Hardin
1. Highlands at 11. Harlan County
6. Male at 10. Scott County
1. Trinty at 2. Ryle