Julius Randle to Announce March 20th

randle

March 20th, the day before the NCAA Tournament opening, could end up being a great day for the BBN, or continue a feeling of sadness. Part will of course be determined by whether the Cats will be playing in the Big Dance and part will be based on what Julius Randle does. Randle will choose his college on March 20 on ESPNU, in an event that could determine just how good UK will be next season. He is down to Kentucky, Texas, Kansas, Florida and NC State. I like the Cats’ position, while others like Kansas or Texas. But we will all find out in two weeks as the next domino on the UK Class of 2013 falls.

Article written by Matt Jones

45 Comments for Julius Randle to Announce March 20th

1. nametaken
    7:53 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

The missing link! I love dakari, but he is not ready to be the man. Unfortunately wcs is gone. I’m 25 and this is the weakest draft I’ve ever seen. I know he’s not a center but between him and Marcus lee, the paint will be controlled. A must get in my opinion, especially if wcs leaves…

Go Cats!!!

2. bosshogg24
    7:55 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Come On Down Mr. Randle, help hang # 9!

3. nametaken
    7:56 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

We have struggled with aggressive guards and ball pressure all year, between the harrisons, James lee, polson and harrow, we will be able to keep our composure and not wilt next season. We need reinforcement in the front court.

4. It was cute
    7:58 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

At this point i would just be happy with having a top 10 team and making the NCAA tourney
    Hanging number 9 was what this class was trying to act like they were going to do……

5. nassau65
    7:59 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

bout time for gogaytors to say it aint so. again.

6. drew
    8:04 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

3. James Lee? Im sorry but polson will not get much playing time next year. Harrow nuts need to drop if he is going to see any!!!

7. chris kalpin
    8:10 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Hes going to kansas gut says. Him or wiggins would instantly make this UK team have a legit shot at 40-0 next year tho, ya i said it lol.

8. chris kalpin
    8:11 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

best freshman class in a long time, hopefully WCS or poythress return to go along with wiltjer and harrow

9. chris kalpin
    8:14 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

If everyone leaves, harrisons 1 n 2, young 3, wiltjer or lee at 4, dakari at 5. 6th man wiltjer or lee. if this is the case then cal must add randle, wiggins or gordon. Most hopeful case- WCS returns of everyone this year and cal gets 1 of 3 recruits.

10. G-Unit
    8:20 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

What does G-unit think?

11. Lil c
    8:23 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Randle is Kansas bound. Sad but true.

12. nametaken
    8:28 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

6. James young, sorry. I agree whole heartedly about harrow. But with more help with the ball, maybe he will hit puberty

13. dave
    8:28 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

wouldnt randle only be the next domino in uk’s class only if he commits to uk?

14. Billy Smith
    8:28 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

11.) I agree hes going kansas because of no competition for playing time. He will start at UK at 4 but lee n wiltjer will play no matter what, also Dakari at 5 n possibly WCS. Kansas losing all 5 starters next year, he will never be on bench next year either, sad but true. Wonder if Cal ruined his shot at Randle due to Marcus Lee signing if anything it seems like it.

15. Billy Ray
    8:38 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

LOL at 11 and 14 saying Kansas. Are you guys stupid or something?

16. gog8tors
    8:40 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

My sources tell me that UK will not get Randle he is going to Florida. My sources also tell me that UK will not get Wiggins or Gordon. Also, there is a problem with one of those recruits but my source asked me not to reveal anything yet.

17. Debbie Downer
    8:41 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

^there she is

18. nassau65
    8:42 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

16. you sound just like him!

19. Lil c
    8:43 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

15…. You have two first names and you are calling us stupid!!? Lol…. I’m a UK and I want Randle as much a anyone, but I’m telling you, he’s not coming here, he’s going to Kansas.

20. bosshogg24
    8:48 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Gator you don’t have any sources, and Randle will not go to Florida!

21. nassau65
    8:54 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

20. correct, but he wants everyone to think he does. They must’ve already seen through his BS on the swamp site, that’s why he/she/it comes here.

22. One
    8:54 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Cal’s way of soften the blow of not making the tournament? I think so.

23. Bradley
    8:54 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Kansas is in 4th place for Randle. That’s all I feel like saying. You’re welcome.

24. Ender
    8:58 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Go vote at zagsblog.com

25. BigBoy
    8:59 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Hes going to Kansas. If not Kansas, Kentucky. Florida is about a 5% i would say

26. gog8tors
    9:02 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

I just happen to know people who know the facts about recruiting. If you don’t like the truth too bad. I am always right.

27. nassau65
    9:05 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

26.man, you need to leave the t out of your name and you’d have it!
    Although, i have to admit, you sound just as obnoxious as he does…….

28. bosshogg24
    9:05 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Gator predicted Patrick Patterson to Florida!

29. somervillain
    9:09 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

A comment abut Wiggins: I think it is unfair to always call him The Next LeBron, because while he may share his unworldly athleticism, as well as many of his basketball skills, I haven’t seen the passing from him like we saw from LeBron. When LeBron came to the NBA, there was a real discussion of whether he would play point guard. He certainly could have. He came in passing like Kidd. Wiggins is more TMac, which is pretty high praise. If not for injuries (and lack of playoffs wins of course, but the injuries hurt him there), McGrady could be an all-time great too.

30. nassau65
    9:10 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

28. yup, then denied it. I remember it well. You and i have been here a while. And then of course there is always SNH. He’s always been here!

31. Nostradamus ll
    9:14 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

I Predict:

Wiggins > Charlotte Bobcats
    Randle > Cleveland Cavaliers
    Gordon > Washington Wizards

32. Han
    9:46 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Good lord, if we miss the tourney (really hope we don’t) and Randle picks Texas, that would be the worst day since we went to the NIT under Gillispie, even with the great class we’ll still have next year.

Really hoping for the NCAA tourney (ideally not the 12-12 game), Randle, and Wiggins.

33. Bob
    9:47 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

” in an event that could determine just how good UK will be next season.”

For those keeping score at home, this is what we call insight. Yes, Matt, it certainly could. In fact, some might be as bold to say it will determine how good UK will be next year. Add Randle, we’re better. Don’t add Randle, we’re not as good as we would be otherwise.

Insight.

34. Han
    9:47 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

By the way, is Randle going to get an invite to the McD game?

35. GoForIt
    10:33 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Anyone who says they have a source on a board does not have a source. No looooser is going to rush to the intenet board on here if they really had a source. There is a reason you are just a fan. Like they always say… If you are going to say it put your name on it.

36. Bleed Blue
    10:52 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Oh my god you all are hilarious. I have already stated several times we WILL get 2 of the final 3. I was told today that Randle WILL be a Cat. I was also told we lead of Wiggins. Since we are getting Randle, and I said we are getting 2 of the 3 I guess that means we get Wiggins also :). Also WCS or Noel will return I will lay money on that, and as of today it would surprise me to see WCS stay instead of Noel. Follow me on Twitter @BBN_Wildcats and you would know that we are getting Randle.

37. Bleed Blue
    11:01 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Whoever Lil C is stupid. You want to know why people think he is going to KU, it’s because it was his last visit. Everything Matt said is correct and we will land the #1 PG, #1 SG, #1 SF, #1 PF, and #1 C.

38. nostradufus
    7:30 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

time will tell. none of you know.

39. kentuckyrules
    9:06 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

We can use another Julius on the team next year!!! C’mon down!!! I’ll take any ONE of the THREE remaining…

40. lou
    10:27 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

My “inside source” told me that Roy Williams will be coming to Kentucky next year to b ecome No.1 assistant to coach Cal…this is breaking news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. UK #1 fan
    11:43 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

Next year will be great, I want Randle as much as you all do, but I truly believe Alex comes back (inconsistent freshman yr, weak draft… sound familiar? Terrence Jones 2.0)… I think Randle goes to Kansas. I believe our best shot to land any of these guys is Wiggins (the prize).. But Im happy with what we have…. Archie, Nerlens, and Willie go pro, Ryan transfers…. I believe we make it to the sweet 16 this yr, this team has all the talent in the world, but no mental toughness.. They can still win a couple tourney games…

42. STEVE!
    1:13 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

I would be surprised if any of these three guys picks UK before they know what WCS, Noel, Goodwin, and Poythress are going to do. Just too many players if some of them stay. I don’t think anybody will know those four’s decisions by March 20th, so that makes me think Randle is going elsewhere. I would like to be proven wrong, though.

43. smiffinator
    1:15 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

#19 What do you mean by “I’m a UK”?? What is a UK???

44. Josh
    3:40 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Why would Ryan transfer? Because he isn’t starting? He will still get atleast 15 minutes a game and could compete for starting time his senior year….Just because PG Harrison is good doesn’t mean he won’t be in foul trouble folks. Harrow stays and helps UK win #9.

45. Josh
    3:42 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

I think he will take going up against Harrison and the minutes he gets along with ring #9.