Julius Randle really enjoyed his visit to Kansas

Remember this, Julius?

Julius Randle’s recruitment has gotten really hard to read in the past few weeks. For a long time, many thought he favored the Cats, then NC State and their street art murals, and now, it seems he’s taken a shine to the Kansas Jayhawks. Randle’s latest blog on USA Today’s site details his visit and how he’ll handle the rest of his recruitment. Here are the highlights, which I’m afraid aren’t so UK-friendly:

On Kansas’ fans: “Those fans were really loud. I mean those fans were just crazy. They might’ve been the best fans I’ve seen.” (Ouch)

On the Kansas visit: “That was a great visit. Kansas really made a big impression on me. I know I’d have a legit chance to win a national championship there.”

On the deciding factor in his decision: “The place that fits me and the place that I’ll be happy. Wherever I felt the happiest is the place that I’m gonna go to.”

Randle says he doesn’t need to have any more visits from coaches because he’s got all the information he needs. He’s expected to make a decision in March.

31 Comments for Julius Randle really enjoyed his visit to Kansas

1. DantheCat
    12:38 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

You hear that LOWER arena fans…“Those fans were really loud. I mean those fans were just crazy. They might’ve been the best fans I’ve seen…It does matter what you come to the games for…Don’t just be a fan…Be a “fanatic” fan..

2. James
    12:39 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Personally, I’d rather have Aaron Gordon. We’ve seen more evidence on the court from him lately, the dude is a beast, and he isn’t coming off of an injury.

Randle seems like a good kid and it will be awesome if he chooses UK, but I like Gordon’s game better.

Plus his mom isn’t running his recruitment and hogging the spotlight.

Just my two cents.

3. Wise guy
    12:41 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Rock chalk gayhawk?

4. Blue
    12:41 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Phog Allen is probably the best venue in all of college basketball…There’s really not much of an argument there. But, I HIGHLY doubt any top recruit, or really any recruit for that matter, is going to have his decision most heavily influenced by the crowds at the games they attend. Does that mean it doesn’t matter? Of course not…But, there are many other more important factors that I’m sure Randle will consider when making his decision. Kentucky was in the driver’s seat for a long time, and I feel like they still are. But, regardless, we’ll be fine.

5. Tt
    12:41 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Aaron Gordon is better anyway

6. Rocker
    12:42 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Harrows voice has changed!!

7. Urincatland
    12:42 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

#1 Yeah and if you stand up in lower arena, the blue hairs will ask you to sit down. I’m hoping we get Gordon.

8. SexnNursinHomes
    12:47 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Randle didn’t even visit UK during our regular season, yet he visited kansass. Derp derp derp derp. No wonder.

Problem with this is, kansass fans are garbage. 3rd rate humans. That crappy shitty website, “The Shriver” will now go and report kansass as the leader and how Randle will sign with them, which is like oxycontin for kansass fans.

9. Bmac
    12:48 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Probably worth noting that randle’s visit to Kentucky was in September, so yeah I imagine the Kansas fans were louder.

10. Ukmilz
    12:51 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

What – you mean the blue hairs in Rupp aren’t loud and crazy?

11. NEWMAN
    12:52 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Uh… did you expect him to say “Yeah, I had a great time at Kansas but everyone’s just wasting their time because I’m going to UK”?

He had a fun time at a visit, as he should have. Stop hanging onto every word out of a teenager’s mouth. Let him make his decision.

You people are crazy.

12. Wall2Cousins
    12:53 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

lets flip the script….when was the last time Cal went and saw him? I think Cal stopped recruiting him cause he feels strongly about Wiggins or Gordon.

13. #9
    12:53 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

How is Kansas gonna get the title next year? I thought we were going to be the best team ever?

14. Kansas's Recruiting Violation?
    12:58 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Did Kansas commit a recruiting violation by letting Randle talk with the NBA players that are KU alum? In his article he says “They had a lot of alumni there and I already knew Thomas (Robinson) so it was cool catching up with him. Then the Morris twins were there and Mario Chalmers had his jersey retired that night.” Basically, he admits he spoke with Robinson. He most likely spoke with the other NBA guys as well.

But in his blog post about his Kentucky visit, Randle says, “The game was fun too. Mostly all of the players from the last three years or so were there. Some of the old heads were there too, but I didn’t know as many of them. I couldn’t talk to the NBA guys because of rules, but just seeing them there was cool. It’s definitely one big family.”

Basically, why did Randle talk with NBA guys at KU but not at UK? Was it that he already knew Robinson? Was it that Randle’s visit to UK was before the season (the alumni game)?

15. Charles "Atlas" Hurt
    1:03 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

#12 that is the same point i was gonna make. i know call was very vocal to Randle when he got hurt and told him he always has a place for him, but since then, i think he has concentrated on Gordon and Wiggins! anyway, i’m off to campus to beat some sense into Poythress, i haven’t lost hope on him yet, he can still be a “grown man” playing with kids.

16. William Braskey
    1:24 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

I don’t see it being a big deal that he said he had a good time, and the fans were loud. He’s said he had a good time on all of his visits, and he realistically has a chance to win a title whether he goes to UF, UK, or KU. NC State should have a good roster next year regardless of Randle, but Gottfired is a horrible coach. And Texas is a friggin mess.

We are pretty loaded for next year right now if WCS stays. Adding any of the 3 remaining guys will be icing on the cake

17. Hudgie DeRobertis
    1:32 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Plain and simple… we should just let it go. (Any handwringing just diminishes us.)

18. Mike
    1:32 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

I am still a little nervous that Cal’s lack of development of this year’s team is going to be used against us with the uncommited dudes still out there.

19. Wall2Cousins
    1:39 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

yea just forget about all the 12 players he has put in the NBA since he has came here….good point….

20. Wildcatsteeler
    1:41 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

@18 Agreed. The way this season has played out has hurt us with any uncommited players. But the class we already have is sick. Plus Willie may return. We are gonna be loaded without him. I see him going to Kansas

21. OrlandoCat
    1:42 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Maybe the kid is just a nice kid and doesn’t have anything bad to say about anyone. What a concept…

22. JustSayin
    1:51 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

18) Cal does not suit up for games. You mean certain players lack of development? Who do you think is more responsible for that? Cal or the players?

23. Brent
    2:01 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Randle really can’t go wrong with either school. Kentucky & Kansas are both 1A & 1B in terms of the best college programs (with UCLA coming in at 3rd). Both have great fanbases, tradition, coaches, development, campuses, etc. Altho being a UK fan I give the edge in all those categories to Kentucky! Good luck Julius and I hope to see you in Kentucky blue!

24. NotConcedingRandle
    2:05 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

What’s the matter with some of you people? Why in the world would you give up on us getting Randle so easily? That’s moronic. I for one am not gonna give him away effortlessly to Kansas and I’m not gonna stop caring all of a sudden. I want him baaaaaaaad. Randle is a hell of a player, and he might be what puts it over the top with what we have coming in next year to get us to where we can hang BANNER #9. I would give my left testicle for him and sell my baby niece to punjabi pirates, without hesitation.

It does suck big time that we were his first visit and he came here before basketball season started. Saw a pick-up game with ex players or something like that. But I’m not giving up on him coming here. Someone needs to let him know BBN has more psychopathic fans than Kansas, truly.

And the angle of him saying Andrew Harrison was the pg he would play with is big, as was him saying he wants to win a NC. I read a quote from one of his coaches that said he looks at recruiting as a business venture, which is spot on. He’s played against the twins, he knows how unstoppable they are. Combine that with our fans being rabid which apparently matters to him, and I still think we’re sitting pretty. Everyone hit him up on twitter and show him love, I know I’m going to.

25. Simple
    2:26 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Insecurity says he’s watched Cal go crazy yelling at kids all year and how miserable they are. He mentioned “happy” more than once.

Has he visited UK yet?

26. billybob
    3:05 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

Randle praises to the skies every school he visits. He’s just being polite. I still thinks he’s a Cat. If not, good luck to him.

27. Evan
    4:05 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

@ #23 … there are some trolls around here, i don’t know how you could call Kansas 1b of college ball with their 3 national titles and they have to hand 2 fake crud Helm’s banners deceptively like they are real national titles so people think Kansas has 5 when they go to phog allen field house… yea that screams 1b … I say no, try maybe #5

28. GREAT ONE
    4:07 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

#24 I totally agree with u plus if u listen to Jason Jordan he’s been dropping hints

29. Glass House
    5:25 pm February 22, 2013 Permalink

SexnHomelessShelters calling someone else a 3rd rate human! SNH – People that live in [email protected] shouldnt throw waffles. Kansas has been runner up twice and National Champion in the last 10 years with not one NIT in that span. Arent they around 15 games behind UK for all-time wins? But Kansas just owns the all-time conference wins and its not even close.

30. PleaseComeToLexington
    8:49 am February 23, 2013 Permalink

I really wish Rupp was a better environment. Randle said he was looking for fan support, and because Allen Fieldhouse is the loudest place in the country (I’ve been twice I work in Kansas City, trust me, it is the loudest, and by far) Randle might be tricked into thinking Kansas has the best fans, when they really just have the best building. Either way, I think we get one of Randle, Wiggins, or Gordon which is all we need. Randle is looking less and less likely though.

My honest prediction:

Randle – Kansas
    Wiggins – FSU
    Gordon – UK

31. UKsucks
    12:23 pm February 24, 2013 Permalink

The atmosphere at Rupp can’t even be compared to Allen Fieldhouse. Adolph Rupp himself would rather play in the Fieldhouse. Kentucky’s program was created by Kansas, accept your inferiority. Julius Randle understands basketball and knows Cal is a crook.