Julius Randle out three months with a broken foot

Some very unfortunate news for one of the top ranked players in high school basketball.  Julius Randle, a UK target and No. 2 player in the Rivals150, will miss the next three months with a fractured right foot.  The Plano, TX star will undergo surgery tomorrow afternoon.

Randle’s step father told USA Today he expects him to be back for the postseason all-star games.

Tough break for the young superstar in his senior season.

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Julius Randle out three months with a broken foot

1. jus sayin
    3:35 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Hope this isnt something that will linger. You hate to see injuires like this happen early for that possibility.

2. UKBigDaddy
    3:44 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

“Tough Break” Really, Drew?

3. Isaac in Long Beach
    4:24 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

At first glance I thought it said Julius Mays and my stomach dropped. Still, wish this kid a speedy recovery!

4. Joe
    4:34 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

I’d say he better accept UK’s offer for sure now. Assuming the offer is still on the table.

5. Slingblade
    6:14 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

at least it’s a break that will heal cleanly…I would much rather break something than tear something

6. BlueTexan
    7:04 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

For what it’s worth…I live 2 miles from Prestonwood Academy and my office is a quarter of a mile…so, I run into Prestonwood ‘people’ constantly. On Black Friday, ran into a family (one young man wearing a UK shweatshirt) and asked the Dad if he’d gone to UK…thus, his son’s support. He said no, his son (freshman basketball player) wanted to be considered good enough someday by UK. I made the comment that, hopefully, he’d have the opportunity to follow Julius – his Father responded that – no, he didn’t want his son playing for Donovan…as, HIS info (from the players) was that Julius had decided to go to FL due to his ‘prior’ relationship with Donovan. Who knows? Sorry that he’s hurt…but, sounds like it’ll heal quickly…we need him.