Julius Randle narrows list to ten, UK makes the cut

Eric Bossi, the national basketball recruiting analyst for Rivals.com, tweeted this morning that Julius Randle has narrowed his list of schools to ten, and the Cats made the cut:

Bossi also reports that Randle has scheduled his first official visit for Florida on October 6th. No word yet on when he’ll come to Lexington. October 12th would be nice.

In case you missed it this weekend, here’s video of Randle dominating the Under Armour Elite 24 dunk contest:

11 Comments for Julius Randle narrows list to ten, UK makes the cut

1. NKY_UK_fan
    1:01 pm August 27, 2012 Permalink

Still amazes me you need to list 10 schools. Just narrow it down to 2 or 3.

2. Go Cats
    1:24 pm August 27, 2012 Permalink

I guess this way he can take 10 official visits, complete with “perks”, before selecting UK. Ahh, the life of an elite recruit.

3. Micah
    1:39 pm August 27, 2012 Permalink

Oklahoma and Oklahoma state? Do they play basketball there?

4. UKfansNKY
    1:52 pm August 27, 2012 Permalink

I watched that dunk competion and this kid is a “MAN CHILD” he is a beast!!! What a HUGE get for the CATS let’s hope it happens. GO CATS!!!

5. Aaron C Bunch
    1:54 pm August 27, 2012 Permalink

Micah, Oklahoma State, the “Cowboys” have a solid program they are always relevant, and Oklahoma has a solid program producing guys like Blake Griffin. They are no Kentucky or Kansas, but if you’re looking to go to a solid, relevant program where you could be the star and run the show that’s where you’d wanna go. Think about it, if that’s what you want you wouldn’t be interested in Cal because you know you’re gonna have to share with other stars. I think that’s why you see teams like this on elite recruit’s lists because they are keeping their options open because they themselves are unsure if they’ll compromise for a rock star team and shoot for a title, or just go live like a star in the south and get all the accolades.

6. Aaron C Bunch
    1:55 pm August 27, 2012 Permalink

He’s going to the NBA either way and he knows it.

7. I Say
    2:04 pm August 27, 2012 Permalink

The elite 24 game sucked. It was a constant fast break that usually ended in a turnover. But yes his dunk was nasty.

8. Zeke69
    2:07 pm August 27, 2012 Permalink

Why is Florida in with so many top ranked kids all of a sudden? I expect them to get Florida kids but they are getting listed and visits from the Randle’s of the world and have no bigs to show in the NBA but David Lee. Really?????????

9. Pu
    2:15 pm August 27, 2012 Permalink

8. Al Horford and Joakim Noah aren’t too shabby. That said, Fluck Forida, Go Cats

10. Will S
    2:53 pm August 27, 2012 Permalink

I’d say Kansas, Baylor or UNC for Julius. He’s a tad bit selfish and I don’t see him playing for a team-oriented program like UK or Duke. Despite what he says about “wanting to play with the best…” Watch one of his AAU games and you’ll see how he NEVER passes the ball, constantly forces up bad shots, and dribbles directly into double and triple teams. And he’s got Matt Jones and 2 other D-1 prospects on that AAU team, so hush about the “no one passes in AAU ball” talk. I can do without all that noise, honestly. I’d rather have Marcus Lee.

11. Bob
    9:53 pm August 27, 2012 Permalink

Well Oklahoma State got the best player in the state of texas two consecutive years, if they somehow landed him it would make it three. A little less surprising when you actually think about it.