Julius Randle meets Drake

Put your rings down, Roy.

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for Julius Randle meets Drake

1. Urincatland
    6:35 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

Damn, he looks good wearing UK Apparrel.. Go Cats!!

2. Big Blue 66
    6:37 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

Julius looked very comfortable and having fun, he was signing UK stuff for people. I would say it looks good with him.

3. Tebkats
    6:42 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

Hope his dad brought that hoodie, if not I’m sure Jerry Tipton will let us know.

4. SheCat
    6:58 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

Can’t believe Julius is wearing UK gear! OMG…is that a sign??? Hmmmmm…let’s hope so! GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!

5. NCAA
    7:07 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

Cant wait until we find out more about this and finally punish that sleeze ball Cal

6. Kyle
    7:28 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

He is not going to have a better visit than meeting 15 former NBA players and Drake in the same day.

7. Yngvie Maumsteen.
    7:40 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

Not former NBAers. Current.

8. Scott Cooper
    7:55 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

Don’t forget Drake’s ring

9. Mark
    7:58 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

Where can I get that UK sweatshirt?

10. JKA14
    8:21 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

3-No kidding. My initial reaction was, ‘where did he get that jacket?’ I’m pretty sure Free Swag is a violation.

11. ScottyT
    8:29 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

Hope due diligence was done before posting this pic (aka – Ms. Bell was consulted).

12. coldspringmike
    8:53 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

3 and 10—that’s what jumped out to me also, where did that UK jacket come from ? maybe it’s Boogie’s and he let him wear it.

13. Durrrr
    9:17 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

“Put your rings down, Roy.”

Brilliant!

14. Easy people
    9:18 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

Hope all of you are righ because I would really love to see in at UK. Just dont get too much of a big head because seeing how Jordan let Roy have his ring to show this kid, What are the chances he brings in Jordan to meet him. Jordan> Drake

15. Badams
    9:19 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

Last chance I had, there is no rule that says they cannot wear college apparrel so who cares. As for the pic with Drake, how would that be a violation? No different than him taking a pic with Beyonce. Yeah it’s on UKs campus but Drake was there for a charity event. Bottom line, dude looks good with UK on his chest and hopefully he was very impressed. Hope he commits soon.

16. Linda Taylor
    10:38 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

1st of all, he came with his mom, not his dad.
    2nd Drake is one of his favorite rappers.
    3rd they got here yesterday, plenty of time for him or his mom to buy him some UK gear for a memento of his trip.
    Plus, in an interview his mom said he was so excited while he was packing for the trip that he could barely contain himself.

17. UKCATSFAN
    10:52 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

I have an honest question……is it common practice for a recruit to wear school gear during a visit? Do they usually wear gear of the school while on the visit or is this a unique situation. I know a kid would if he had committed or was about to commit but what about the kids who are still in the middle of the recruiting process? Is it common practice to sport school gear while on a visit? I’m trying to figure out if this is a good sign or just a common practice amongst recruits.

18. answer
    11:23 pm September 15, 2012 Permalink

17- recruits usually get school gear on their visits. I remember being at the UK bookstore when a recruit came in and they bought a ton of UK gear, although he didn’t actually end up playing here.

19. joker sucks ass
    12:05 am September 16, 2012 Permalink

17- #18 is right. My buddy visited MSU for tennis and he came back with all their gear. Now he’s playing at UK.

20. Rules
    12:51 am September 16, 2012 Permalink

15- If Drake is a booster already (e.g. gave money to UK), then it could be impermissible contact by a booster. If they asked him to participate in the recruiting, then he becomes a booster.

21. will
    8:09 am September 16, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, Looks great on him too. But is there any momentum building for my suggestion that we have 10,000 Nerlens DOs at Midnight Madness?

22. Beavis
    8:20 am September 16, 2012 Permalink

I am sure the NCAA will have an investigation into the gear he is wearing. After all,,,,they don’t have enough on their plate already with what has occurred at Duke and UNC. I am really sad Jim Calhoun has retired. I think he was number one on Mark Emmert’s hit list. Guess coach Cal will move to the top on that list.

23. Goobz
    9:13 am September 16, 2012 Permalink

Getting swag from the school is not a violation. Every recruit comes back with gear from their official visits. Where do you people get this stuff from?

24. Lcat
    10:49 am September 16, 2012 Permalink

Does the fact that we have a celebrity like Drake or pro players available at a recruits visit for photo ops etc violate any NCAA rules regarding recruiting? What amount of bling/swag/celebrity presence constitutes a potential violation.. If Ashley Judd went to lunch with a recruit but did not pay for his meal, is that a violation? I know that Michael Jordan routinely talks with high level UNC recruits at minimum by phone but occasionally in person when they make campus visits. When does”celebrity” become a violation? This worries me. We must know that at a minimum a pro player like Wall r Cousins is going to pitch UK to the recruit-is this a violation?