Julius Randle is the top dog in Rivals’ new rankings

Move over, Jabari Parker. Julius Randle just took over the top spot in Rivals.com’s new 2013 class rankings. Have a look at the top 10…

1. Julius Randle
2. Jabari Parker
3. Aaron Harrison
4. Andrew Harrison
5. Aaron Gordon
6. Chris Walker (Florida)
7. Kasey Hill (Florida)
8. James Young
9. Anthony Barber
10. Jarrell Martin

Derek Willis dropped from No. 95 to No. 126.

Our good friend Aaron Torres took a break from hanging out at the Rafferty’s in Hamburg to catch up with Julius Randle in L.A. for the Elite 24 game over the weekend. Here is his interview with Julius and you can check out Aaron’s other interviews from the Elite 24 event at AaronTorres-Sports.com.

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Julius Randle is the top dog in Rivals’ new rankings

1. Experienced
    12:29 pm August 28, 2012 Permalink

If we can pull Parker having the 1-4 top players would be amazing. Add the possibility of wiggens and you want to cry at how beautiful it is.

2. I Say
    12:31 pm August 28, 2012 Permalink

I dont know what it is about this kid but I feel like hes going to shock everyone and not pick uk, unc, or duke. I dont have a clue which one of the schools he would go to on his list if he didnt pick one of those three; but I just get a hunch he goes with texas or oklahoma state

3. Duke Blows
    12:36 pm August 28, 2012 Permalink

I would rather have him then Parker. He reminds me of PPat on and off the court.

4. Duke Blows
    12:42 pm August 28, 2012 Permalink

Harrison’s ,Young, and Randle. Wiggens this year or next. Don’t sleep on Gordon either seems like he wants to play for UK but the distance is the only roadblock. Hopefully Cal can work his magic because the Gordon kid looks like a real stud who would fit in nicely at UK.

5. Gumbo Soup
    12:45 pm August 28, 2012 Permalink

Interesting that Aaron Harrison overtook Andrew. It’s been the other way around for almost as long as I can remember. Good job Aaron

6. Skeller03
    12:55 pm August 28, 2012 Permalink

Anyone else worried we jumped on the Derek Willis bandwagon too early?

7. I Say
    1:10 pm August 28, 2012 Permalink

#6 Nah, at the time it was important to get him and make a statement. Plus it’s always a good thing to have a solid Kentucky boy on the team. Other than Darius it seems like its been a while since we have had a good local kid.

8. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    1:40 pm August 28, 2012 Permalink

I hope Derek Willis appreciates the fact that he is going to be on a special team. #TeamBrianLong

9. whatajoke
    4:16 pm August 28, 2012 Permalink

Derek Willis is a joke. Going to be another Jon Hood. Waste of a scholarship

10. jill
    5:58 pm August 28, 2012 Permalink

LOL Cal and Wes will pay him to go to uk. LOL

11. no way jose
    6:33 pm August 28, 2012 Permalink

Derek Willis should just offer to walk on at this point and give up his scholarship. worst part is cal prob just got him because he knew the fans wanted him at uk over u of l….