Julius Randle is an Absolute Machine

Watch this video of Julius Randle and Oklahoma State’s Marcus Smart dunking and tell me you aren’t ready to watch him dominate this season….

Article written by Matt Jones

30 Comments for Julius Randle is an Absolute Machine

1. Michael F. Jox
    8:07 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

Damn! Very nice to see ๐Ÿ™‚
    Marcus Smart’s dunks were amazing as well.

2. Kevin C.
    8:10 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

I’m not gay (not that there’s anything wrong with that), but every time I see Randle play, and I start to think about the upcoming season…I get a chub. (รขโ€”โ€˜_รขโ€”โ€˜)

3. C558
    8:20 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

Randle reminds me of Dominique Wilkins

4. Shelbyjoe
    8:20 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

Love randle, but he better be shooting about 100 free throws a day — he’s gonna get fouled a lot!!

5. blueblue
    8:21 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

Only 64 days until BigBlue Madness!!!

6. likeit
    8:28 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

Love the smile, not only is he good, everyone around him has a good time. Reminds me of Derrick Anderson’s smile.

7. AnthonyBBN
    8:30 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

This season… this season… its going to be beautiful.

8. Fat Albert
    8:38 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

We will need him to be a machine, especially if the Young rumors prove to be true.

9. also kevin c
    8:41 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

#2, with a comment like that, please go ahead and spell out your last name, or at least put in the second letter, because my name too is kevin c and you’re embarrassing me

10. CJ
    8:41 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

WOWOWOW!!! Does anyone know when this was filmed?

11. Mother of God
    8:49 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

He’s going to abuse people

12. Chris
    8:49 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

My first reaction is that’s really impressive. Then you notice how small he is in this video compared to how ripped he was in the picture of him that was posted the other night, you have to believe that he’s really shown improvement since this was taken.

13. IowaCat
    8:55 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

Tall, athletic people dunking. Not that a couple of the dunks weren’t nice, but I’m generally unimpressed with stuff like this. Rather see some impressive free throws or jump shots from randle.

14. Good times
    9:28 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt, can you give an update on the Harrison’s and Young’s situation? Throughout the summer, I’ve not worried about this as the NCAA tends to take their sweet time, but they’re only 2 weeks out from the fall semester starting. Are they going to be on campus starting the semester?

15. IowaCat
    9:30 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

I am sorry that the real world has passed me by. But I also wish they still used a peach basket for the hoop. And I still have a black and white boob tube. By the way, has anyone seen my dentures?

16. bosshog
    9:34 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

Geez, he is amazingly quick, agile and athletic for being 6’9 and 240+ pounds…and I think #12 is right that he looks like he’s getting even stronger and fitter. I think that we are indeed lucky to have guys like Randle, Wiggins, Gordon, Smart and Andrew Harrison in college BBall this year….it is a loaded class with some real upper-echelon NBA athletes. I just hope that we’re not going to lose Young, as that would be a big blow-I was really looking forward to seeing him.

17. Jimi Garden of Eden
    9:35 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

Wham…Bam…Thank Ya Mam…

18. ace
    9:43 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

Both the twins and Young will be on campus in a little over a week. Please quit worrying people, their high schools go longer and they’ve just been waiting to get cleared.

19. bigcatstanding
    9:43 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

#6 not to disagree but Derek Anderson was skinny and didn’t have the face up game Randle does. Randle reminds me of Jamal Mashburn, because of his ball skills and all around game. He’s not as good from deep as Jamal but better at taking his man to the basket. his face up game is un match haven’t seen a big guy so skilled at taking his man off the dribble in quite some time. Remind you of LeBron James don’t get me wrong he’s not LeBron James, but he might as well be in college with those skills.it would have been nice to see him in the dunk contest at the McDonald’s All American game, would have been one more guy to beat out the next LeBron James that Wiggins kids. You know the one the guy that went to 2 All American Games, and with all his greatness brung home no hardware. Leaving that for his so called inferior competition Randle / Parker / Gordon. You know the ones, the ones that have No chance against the great Wiggins hahahaha !!! BBN ILF#9

20. bigcatstanding
    9:45 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

#18 thanks I hope you heard that from a reliable source, I’ve been freaking out not really a little worried though

21. Cadmus
    9:50 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

That is in the University of Texas at Arlington gymnasium, they’re playing at Rupp on November 19.

22. Pmo
    10:16 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

Wow! Can’t wait to see him in a game. How would you feel being one of those schmucks in the gym with them that can’t dunk. Haha

23. bigblueclint
    10:19 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

WOW Should be a FUN year with this team!!

24. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:29 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

Pat Forde is cross-eyed due to the constant staring at a blank page. Its tough to write about stuff other than his sweet sweet Rick.

25. Bradley
    10:58 am August 15, 2013 Permalink

13. Impressive free throws? You probably wonder why a scholly hasn’t been offered to the 5’3 PG from Clay County.

26. MM
    12:09 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

#2 you’re a class act

27. Biglaw Dawgin'
    1:11 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

Wow. Most of JR’s dunks would’ve received 10’s in the NBA dunk contest.

28. IowaCat
    1:43 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

Haha 25. Well sorry for not being excited by a 6’9″ guy dunking on an open rim. Unfortunately when UK plays this fall they will be playing against 5 other guys and with Randle being the beast that he is, getting to the rim won’t be an issue, but if you think teams are just going to get dunked on by us all year (and yes we’ll be doing a lot of dunking) without trying to make us earn it by fouling and putting us at the stripe then you’re crazy. So given the fact I already knew randle could dunk, yes I would have rather watched a video of him going 80/100 at the line.

29. Kevin C.
    2:18 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

@ 26… Thanks! I think?

30. wrong
    3:09 pm August 15, 2013 Permalink

8… There are no Young rumors moron… his coach already said there were absolutely no worries.