Julius Randle impresses in Orlando

After a lackluster performance on ESPNU earlier in the week, 2013 PF Julius Randle bounced back with an impressive performance at the AAU National Championships in Orlando on Saturday. Randle scored a team-high 26 points, and according to Rivals’ Corey Albertson, scored at will:

By waiting for his chances to face up and attack the basket, but first getting position in the paint by using his physicality, Randle was able to score at will with his skilled barrage of spin moves and hook shots. With his power and extra effort Randle was all over the glass from start to finish, and that extra effort led to him spending a lot of time at the foul line. Randle still showed that he can handle the ball in the full-court, but he didn’t force the issue.

Here’s some footage of Randle at the Peach Jam, where he battled Andrew Wiggins:

Randle is in the process of narrowing his list of schools to five, with UK, Kansas, Duke, Carolina, and Florida considered to be the favorites to make the cut.

8 Comments for Julius Randle impresses in Orlando

1. Richard Kimble
    1:08 pm July 30, 2012 Permalink

I am telling you the one-armed man killed my wife!

2. Randall Pink Floyd
    1:17 pm July 30, 2012 Permalink

I may play ball for ya coach, but I’ll never sign that.

3. Wooderson
    1:38 pm July 30, 2012 Permalink

The older you get, the more rules they’re gonna tryyy to make you follow…you just gotta keep livin’ man, L-I-V-I-N!

4. Beavis
    2:10 pm July 30, 2012 Permalink

Yep,,,,Julius likes that left hand,,,,left spin move. Still ,, would love to see that act in Lexington.

5. tyrus
    2:39 pm July 30, 2012 Permalink

What’s Julius make now…about the 20th 2013 recruit that UK likes?

6. Joe
    2:48 pm July 30, 2012 Permalink

This guy is the perfect player for Cal’s system. Perfect.

He can dribble. He’s aggressive. He’s physical. He’s relentless. He runs the court well. He’s fast and quick. He finishes with dunks and takes it hard to the basket.

Haven’t seen too much perimeter shooting in the films of him. Can he shoot?

Surely, he’ll have the sense to come to UK if he doesn’t mind the microphone and spotlight. He’s clearly a one-and-done prospect.

He reminds me of a more aggressive Terrence Jones. Offensively he looks MUCH better than MKG in Half Court. NOBODY is better than MKG in transition offense. But if Julius is 75% as good as MKG in that category, he’s damn good.

If Julius can hit a 15-20 footer, or has 3 point range, he’s the next Jamal Mashburn, assuming he can dribble like Mash could.

7. I'm me
    4:22 pm July 30, 2012 Permalink

Hes cute!! I hope he comes too uk;)

8. mike g
    9:51 pm July 30, 2012 Permalink

Closest player I’ve seen to Mashburn. Big, can dribble, shoot, better hops though.