Julius Mays won’t hold back tomorrow

Julius Mays joked with the media today that some of his teammates might “hate” him forever because he doesn’t plan on holding back tomorrow in his “last shot.” Mays told the media that “everyone else on this team has eligibility left, at least the choice to come back. I’m done.” Uncle Julius said he wants to prolong this ride as long as possible. Mays said not only will he go hard tomorrow, but that he might go hard at his teammates. Mays plans to hold nothing back in his final game in Rupp Arena as a Kentucky Wildcat.

Would any of us expect anything less from this guy?

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

25 Comments for Julius Mays won’t hold back tomorrow

1. eric
    5:34 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Glad he decides to do this in the last game. Great idea. Could have been a season long approach.

2. sunnycat
    5:36 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Where was that attitude five months ago?

3. turtleman
    5:37 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

It sure would have been nice if he had not held back againist Georgia. A few points would have been great!!!

4. Jeff
    5:37 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Weekend will be ruined early due to the early tip. Didnt this use to be a Sunday matinee affair?

5. Hazard Kidd-Katt
    5:37 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I have no problem with Mays, he always works hard. Plus, he’s doing duty that he was not expected to do when brought here. Thanks Julius for the effort.

6. sgdsdg
    5:44 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I want nothing more for julius to show out tomorrow
    . Nothing at all.

7. World Wide Wes
    5:48 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Sorry guys, Poythress, Goodwin and Harrow did not live up to the hype. Too bad I can’t get a refund on these chumps. Me and Nike are out a lot of scratch.

8. shelbyjoe
    5:59 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

PAWPAW is the MVP of this team imo. I hope he goes for 30 tomorrow and gets MVP of the SEC tourney next weekend leading us to a trophy.

9. Well
    6:00 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

What’s he going to do stand around at the 3 point line like he does all the time and not play defense.

10. OSCAR'S DIAPER
    6:03 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

5) Well said.

11. Wildcatsteeler
    6:05 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

“Would any of us expect anything less from this guy?”
    I would. I know KSR loves this guy to death but I’m not on that bandwagon. I played basketball for 30 years and never liked playing with a guy like him. Watch him whine and make negative gestures the whole game and blame everyone else on the floor when something bad happens. He got flatout beat one trip in the Georgia game and turns and starts yelling at Poythress. Poytrhess was nowhere near to provide help. Not that he would of anyway but it wasn’t his fault. He’s very negative and had one good game the whole season. I’ll be glad to have that scholarship freed up.

12. Eric K
    6:07 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Good and maybe he will run faster and guard his man! GO CATS!!

13. RahRah
    6:15 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I rarely (actually never have before) say anything negative about a UK player. But count me as one not on that bandwagon. Really liked him till he started screaming in other player’s faces while not playing well himself. It may have worked a little for one game. Now whoever he gets nasty with is pi$$ed and pouty the rest of the game. Never once saw Darius act like that as a leader. It’s ugly.

14. Stats
    6:21 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

His stats are like 0000000000000 last two games! Not at all saying he is a crackhead but he reminds me of the guy out of Friday “hey Smokey is over here taking a $h1t”. I won’t tell anybody else!

15. Be Rational
    6:23 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Julius Mays has worked hard. He hasn’t always played well but you cant accuse him of quitting. If he is a problem then Polson and Wiltjer are too all 3 are up and down players who cant guard anyone.

16. Polson
    6:27 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I give up 25 points a game but I get a pass because I hustle!

17. Random
    6:30 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, let’s just forget that Mays has pretty much been the main reason we’ve won the games we have in the last month or so. But no, he didn’t give us anything the last two games so he’s sucked all year.

And to the UL or IU troll doing the World Wide Wes comments, it wasn’t funny the first 400 times you did it 4 years ago.

18. Mike
    6:43 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

So is the uncle confirming that he did hold back last night??…..we noticed that.

19. Cats in the NBA
    7:09 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Is this the same guy who was running AWAY from the ball against Arkansas?

20. bigblueincincy
    7:27 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I didnt really expect anything out of Mays this year, but he has hit some HUGE shot for us. Cant really complain about him this year. I didnt expect him to start or play as much as he has this year. Mays has turned into a pretty decent player for us. I could probably make an argument that he is the best player on this team which isnt saying much.

21. CB
    8:13 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Lately, with all this negitivaty, I feel like Cher in Moonstruck, when she slaps Nicolas Cage and tells him to “snap out of it”. Julius Mays is not an elite player, we know it and he knows it, but he’s done more than I’m sure even he thought he’d be asked to do this year. It’s ridiclous to complain about him for any reason.

22. inspector
    8:18 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Glad to see that he has not call the dogs in and pissed on the fire. There is still some hunting left and gator is in season.
    GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. I agree
    8:22 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

At #11 & #13 I’ve been saying the same thing for the last few weeks. It’s always someone else fault. Just shut up & play ball.

24. Mays???
    10:02 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Not going to miss uncle Julius at all. Sorry. He’s not UK talent. Point blank. Period.

25. ASf345
    1:07 am March 9, 2013 Permalink

Shutup 24 Mays was the main reason we beat Missouri and ever since then he has turned into focal point of the opposing teams defense, which he did not expect coming to kentucky.