Julius Mays talks about the game’s final play

According to Julius Mays, he wasn’t supposed to get the ball in the final seconds of the game. Mays took control though and said, “I wasn’t going to let anybody else shoot em’.” Calipari noted something similar saying, that Julius came up to him during the timeout and said, “get me the ball.”

Mays converted on both of his free throws to help Kentucky build a 4-point cushion for the final margin.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

11 Comments for Julius Mays talks about the game’s final play

1. Mike
    2:42 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

The real Mike here. First. As long as they Wusstjer away from the floor they can have anyone they want shooting free throws.

Also, I’ve never take a voluntary shower in my life.

2. Bill Rafferty
    2:43 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Onions!

3. Ridge Runner
    2:45 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Awesome stuff Uncle J!

8 min standing = tradition

4. Korean Tacos
    2:45 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Hopefully, Kyle can find his shot before the SEC tourney. Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone’s touch disappear as much as his has in the last few weeks.

5. Mike
    2:45 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

QUIT using my name. I am the REAl Mike and evereone els can just stop! I hate all of you guys and I ate myself. I hate kensucky and i also will! I am a Louisville Cardianl fan all the way! Go Carts!!!!!!!!!

6. Han
    2:45 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Huge play making those 2 to clinch. Biggest play may have been Willie drawing a charge on Murphy with 4 fouls to give Murphy his 4th. Given how the refs had been going much of the game, that could’ve gone against us. Man. My throat and hands hurt. I and about 10% of people stood through those timeouts the last 20 minutes real time, too.

After UNC last year, Florida in 03, and Louisville in Cal’s first year, that was the loudest/most intense crowd I’ve been a part of at Rupp. Insane how much we all wanted that.

7. Han
    2:46 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

3) I think we need to have a tradition of whispering “Go Big Blue” when we have the ball, since you want our team to be able to hear each other, but you still want to be cheering. How intense would 23,000 whisper-chanting be?

8. Merlins
    2:47 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

so one of these guys is lying right??? Is it Mays or King Cal? Where is Pat forde and the NCAA?? Did Mays ask for the ball or de he just take it? i gotta know! also Harrow played out of his mind! He’s too good

9. Mike
    2:52 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

1, 5..You my friend are a pathetic poser. You must have an awful lot of free time in your hands but it is understandable since you are confined to a trailer park.

10. Go cats
    2:53 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Go Julius! Great game,

11. Mike
    2:58 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

1, 5, 9, I know you’re in a trailer park because that’s where I spend my free time. I watch you and wish I could be you, instead of rotting in my own stink in my parent’s basement. I wish someone would actually say “Yes!” when I ask them “Would you like an apple pie with that?”. As you can tell by my ultra intelligent posts here on KSR, I am highly educated and also of the utmost class. I like breathing in the smell of my own farts. Nothing tastes better than your own recycled bullcrap. Touch me, Kyle Wusstjer. (i LUV u honey)