Julius Mays is going to be just fine

Julius Mays gave us all a scare when he went down hard in the second half holding knee. Mays appeared to be in a lot of pain as he hobbled off the court and into the locker room. Luckily, the injury isn’t a serious one and he’ll be back to his three-point-shooting self in no time.

Cal said after the game that he believes Mays banged knees with an opposing player. “I think he’s fine,” Cal said of his shooting guard. “He played good. Steady. Talks. Not afraid to lead a little.”

We can all breathe now.

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Julius Mays is going to be just fine

1. Hawk Dizzle
    10:46 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Whew.

2. The Fake John Calipari
    10:47 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

I really like Julius Mays. He plays very similarly to and reminds me a lot of Gerald Fitch.

3. [email protected]
    10:52 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

The season is still young.

4. Zac
    10:55 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

“Thinking” and “knowing” are two different things. I think Cal actually knows that he is fine but I’d rather him actually say that or hear it come straight from Julius. I’ll take his word for it though.

5. names dont matter
    10:57 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

After one dakari johnson highlight video Im willing to state him gordon and wiggins would be the best most likely option for kentucky success. remember wiggins already said he doesnt pit himself against randle or parker but rather nba players. well that means he views them as rivals and it affects recruiting. Gordon is neutral and has chemistry with lee & twins. And Dakari is a pure big would has a great boogie/towns -esque personality and would fit in with the aforementioned group. This would mean likely randle to UF if chris walker’s overall demeanor and kasey hills mustache doesnt blow it.

6. Good
    11:02 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

If it’s from banging knees then it’s probably just a contusion. You can’t make those any worse by playing on them and it just becomes an issue of pain tolerance. It was the same thing anthony Davis suffered during his scare against Baylor in the elite eight.

7. bosshogg24
    11:04 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

#5,Randle and Wiggins to Uk! Johnson in a different class from Wiggins and Towns.

8. bosshogg24
    11:19 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Sory, I did not see where he had re-classified!

9. bosshogg24
    11:20 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Sorry!

10. Catwoman
    11:56 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

@4, Mays did say it himself in his post-game interview w/Leach. He said he was going to get some treatment, they have a day off tomorrow and he will be fine on Friday.

11. Zac
    12:08 am November 6, 2012 Permalink

#11 – that’s awesome! Great to hear!

12. Big Whoop
    5:27 am November 6, 2012 Permalink

Mays could be this year’s Darius Miller, although he is far more actively engaged in the games at this point of the season. Darius went on to be great. I hope May can do the same and I’m very pleased that the injury isn’t serious.

13. James K
    7:17 am November 6, 2012 Permalink

It usually unfolds the same way: player takes an awkward fall, feels a great deal of pain, fans think he’s torn his ACL, it’s very sore, and then we find out it was a knocked knee.

14. Got CAL?
    7:58 am November 6, 2012 Permalink

Great news, I thought it looked on tv like the Transy player running out on him ran in to him, but they never talked about that on tv broadcast, so I was worried it may be something worse.

15. bluefan
    8:09 am November 6, 2012 Permalink

Great news. Love this kid!

16. Lcat
    11:16 am November 6, 2012 Permalink

Thanks God this kid is ok. At this point I do not think we go that far without him-he’s that good and really a great kid