JUCO LB Ryan Flannigan commits to the Cats

109

Yahtzee! According to Justin Rowland, JUCO outside linebacker Ryan Flannigan has committed to Mark Stoops and the University of Kentucky. Flannigan attended Blinn Community College in Texas, where he was teammates with cornerback Shyquawn Pullium, who committed to the Cats on Sunday night. Flannigan was ranked a three-star out of high school, when he originally committed to Texas Tech. At the time, he was ranked the 60th best OLB in the nation.

He’s 6’1″, 220 lbs., and picked the Cats over Arizona State, Cincinnati, Houston, and Texas Tech. He’ll bring some much-needed depth to one of Kentucky’s weakest areas.

Welcome aboard, Ryan.

Here’s nine minutes of highlights from his high school career:

12 Comments for JUCO LB Ryan Flannigan commits to the Cats

1. Pam Anderson
    6:42 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

Keep calm, my twins are coming.

2. UK Grad
    6:42 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

Eligible to play this year or next?

3. Katie Perry
    6:51 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

1. Your twins are old and fake , my twins are and real.

4. Kate Upton
    7:00 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

Hey, #1 and # 3, my twins are the BEST!!!!

5. Eric
    7:08 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

#2, JUCO players are just like everyone else in the class… he will be on campus this time next year, unless he comes in Jan. He will not play this upcoming season, but will have 2 years of playing time when he gets on campus.

6. Ridge Runner
    7:18 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

4, yes mam & case closed.

Hey, I don’t recall a time in recent memory there has been this much PR so to speak about every signee (it seems) that comes aboard a UK Football team. Granted, I understand why, stooops, etc… but I don’t know if it’s the talent level we are getting as much sometimes as it is the PR focus on every recruit we get or are looking at. I’m not complaining by all means, just an observation.

7. Ridge Runner
    7:20 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

In fact, it seemed in recent years… KSR had the Blue/White coverage, who was fighting to be the starting QB, and then game 1 versus UL. I’m stretching it a bit but ya know what I mean. Regardless…good times for sure but wow, the media focus as opposed to years ago even before the Joker-era.

8. Ridge Runner
    7:28 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

I think too a lot of this media attention is an atta-boy or atta-girl to the great writers we now have at KSR who wish to step outside of basketball. We are really reaching into the football side of the house more so. Great job!

9. Costa Rica
    7:52 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

A look at the commits and who UK beat out to sign them:

Thaddeus Snodgrass, WR- Notre Dame, Ohio St, Penn St
    Jared Tucker, CB- Florida, Ohio St
    Drew Barker- QB: Miami, TN, UL
    Shyquawn PUllium, DB- Penn St
    Tymere Dubose, DE: Michigan St, Arkansas, WVU
    Kobie Walker, LB- Miami, OK State, Wisconsin
    Mikel Horton, RB- Fla St
    Jarrett Larubbio, OG- Nebraska, Wisconsin
    Darryl Long, TE- UofL, Pitt
    Ryan Flannigan – Texas Tech
    Dorian Hendrix, LB- Illinois, Indiana

10. SoCal Will
    8:30 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

The defense is going to have SEC speed….

11. Genoscats
    8:46 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

Will the football season ever get here?🐾🐾

12. Fun Fact
    8:53 pm June 5, 2013 Permalink

Do you know who else came out of Blinn Community College? A guy by the name of Cameron Newton, maybe you’ve heard of him? So it’s official then, I’m starting his Heisman campaign now. #Flannigan4Heisman