teater-groomsmen

This morning, the McDonald’s All-American committee finally named Julius Randle to the All-American rosters. Afterwards, Randle told USA Today’s Jason Jordan that even though there’s only two weeks left until he announces his decision, he still hasn’t made his mind up:

“I’m not sure where I want to go. But this can be a stressful thing, and I set the date to give myself a cutoff for a decision. I don’t want it to linger on. I feel like I’m confident enough in myself that by that time I’ll feel 100 percent about where I’ll go. For now, I’m just enjoying being a McDonald’s All American.”

Adam Zagoria says that Randle has cut Oklahoma and N.C. State from his list, leaving only Kentucky, Kansas, Texas and Florida. Most consider Kansas and Kentucky to be the front runners. As for Jordan, the guy who’s been closest to Randle during this entire ordeal? He’s sticking to his prediction from September that Randle will be a Cat.

A mysterious picture of Randle wearing what appears to be a Kentucky (or Kansas State?) t-shirt also popped up on Instagram this week. Come on down?

Screen shot 2013-03-06 at 12.12.18 PM

33 Comments for Josh Teater and his groomsmen in the UK locker room want Julius Randle rumblings

1. V
    1:36 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Randle will look in real blue–the Kentucky blue.

2. The Gambler
    1:37 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

That is a Kansas St shirt.
    I am sure the kid wears all kinds of t-shirts from schools around the country.

On a side note … I do think Randle is UK bound.

3. Comeonvandy!
    1:41 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Who is josh teater

4. gossie21
    1:42 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

I know there was a thread on RR about it possibly being a KSU shirt. But I highly doubt that. KSU wasn’t even a part of Randle’s 14 team list earlier this year. I think the color is just off in the photo.

5. Shirts
    1:43 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

We r talking about a shirt

6. Wall2Cousins
    1:47 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Only way Randle picks Kansas is if he already knows that Wiggins is coming to Kentucky.

7. Wall2Cousins
    1:48 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

BTW Kansas is gonna suk next year cause their starting 5 will be graduating or going to the NBA next year….just a tidbit

8. Clarification
    1:48 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

@4, he’s a pro golfer from KY…

9. Wedding Planner
    1:48 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

10. UKCATSFAN
    1:55 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

I think he knows where he wants to go. I know that Kansas fans are very confident that he will be a Jayhawk. They’re has been lots of people will “sources” that say it’s a done deal and that he has told Self that he will be in Lawrence next year. However I have seen the same from UK fans as well. I don’t believe anyone truly knows where he is headed except ulius himelf. While there are some folks on here that usully seem to be correct about alot of this stuff, I still don’t know what to believe. I really hope he ends up in LexVegas cause this kid is a freakin MONSTER!

11. ltylerj
    1:57 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

The color I’m seeing is Wildcat blue…I’m pretty sure she was teasing when she mentioned Kansas state in the parentheses(sp).

12. Smitty
    1:58 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

2. Yes, it is a K-State t-shirt but…. If he were going to Kansas, why would he wear a K-State t-shirt? I think this is a jab at Kansas by wearing a K-State shirt that says WILDCATS….. Come on down, Julius…..come on down

13. JustSayin
    1:59 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

There’s a reason Jason Jordan is sticking with his prediction. He’s been hinting for awhile now. Where do you think Cal got his red velvet cake for his bday?

14. The Gambler
    1:59 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

15. Eight Letters
    2:04 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

#9. K-State has the same shirt.

The one he is wearing in the pic looks like KSU…….it is still meaningless. I think he will be at Kentucky.

16. MJ4UK
    2:04 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

I know Teater’s wife…Smokin’

17. PGA Tour
    2:10 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

I think Teater resembles Sergio Garcia

18. I Say
    2:16 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

OR, its just a freaking shirt.

19. Rockfield, KY
    2:17 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Y’all need to listen to the “Teater Totter” song that his buddies made up about him. It’s on iTunes and YouTube. It’s pretty funny. They performed it at his reception. I’ll try to upload it and post it on here.

18. I walked the course with his wife and mom in Charlotte last year and people everywhere mistook him for Sergio.

20. drew
    2:20 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

It is just a shirt but that is kstate.

21. Jones says
    2:24 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Matt Jones hardly tells us crap anymore, but he did say the other day that he thought randle was uk bound. I think cal might of told him so.

22. wildcat
    2:32 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Second guy From Right was Former Wildcat. won mascot competition while At uk

23. UKBlue
    2:38 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

High School kids & basketball are an odd bunch; either someone is obviously lying or is extremely messed up. Who calls an announcement meeting, date & time then say they have no idea what they’re going to announce. These kids & hyping themselves has gone way past the point of being ridiculous. Be a man, don’t call the announcement until you know where you are defiantly going.

24. KStateWildcat
    3:24 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

The color difference is from the computer screen, I hit Randle up and he said he doesn’t own any K-State gear. I was gettting my hopes up he was going to come to K-State.

25. iknowsumthinudont
    5:20 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

I just happen to go to school with Julius and consider myself a pretty close friend. I was just having a conversation with him earlier and he basically told me UK was going to be his choice. He does not like Kansas’ chances of a title next year and Texas is basically falling off the map with Rick Barnes. So from what I could understand Kentucky fans are gonna be happy come March 20th.

26. James K
    5:41 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

That could easily be a UK shirt. Blues sometimes photograph as purple, and also — I have the UK version if that sweatshirt, so we know it exists.

27. drew
    6:06 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

26. Well if you are close friends with him then you would know that he wouldn’t want you spoiling his announcement. So your probably not close friends anymore since you gave up his big day!!!! This is why i don’t believe anything you just said!!!!

28. 28.)
    7:07 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

28.) He probably is blowing smoke, but I do not think Randle looks here and knows “iknowsumthinudont” is Jimmy from Algebra class. Trolls tend to spend time trying piss us off, not build us up so we will be dissapointed if he doesnt pick us. Especially if we are a leader with one other team.

29. big blue
    8:18 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

thats uk blue not k-state purple

30. iknowsomethingnooneknows
    11:11 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Lets just say hes KU’s to lose

31. rockchalk70
    5:32 pm March 7, 2013 Permalink

This is a pro UK sight, what do you expect this to be honest and tell everyone he’s going to KU, c’mon!

32. rockchalk70
    5:35 pm March 7, 2013 Permalink

If he does become a cat, it’ll be another one and done and the cheater will just go out and recruit one and dones, he’s not anywhere near the coach Self is, not even close.