Josh Harrellson still loves jean shorts, confuses Calipari

Obviously excited by tomorrow’s internet explosion known and subsequent Senior Day festivities being billed as Jorts Day, the University of Kentucky made their lone men’s basketball senior available to the media this morning.  If Twitter is any indication, the time was full of solid news.  We learned that Harrellson broke an 11 year-old’s leg at a basketball camp this summer, that he can give Gillispie credit for his success and will graduate in May.  More importantly, he informed the world that he owns 10 or 11 pairs of jean shorts.  Don’t be fooled by the rocks that he’s got, he’s still Joshy from the block.

However, all of this talk left one person a little perplexed it seems.  The man who has found the right recipe for Jorts success still doesn’t quite understand what’s going on tomorrow.

Coach Cal Tweeted this out earlier:

calipari-tweet-jorts

Just amazing he can’t get a “good job” or a “way to go”.  I guess he just has to keep on trucking.  You can’t stop this train!!!

***13 hours, 20 minutes until Jorts Day.

Article written by Thomas Beisner

47 Comments for Josh Harrellson still loves jean shorts, confuses Calipari

1. Stangluvr
    10:43 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

2. BlueDNA
    10:43 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

Love Josh, but he’s “Woody” to us.

3. Stangluvr
    10:45 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

This will be a sad day in UK Basketball History!!!! Jorts is an all around good guy who stepped his game up this year and did his best for us….LONG LIVE JORTS!!!!

4. BlueDNA
    10:46 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

1. Hey Master of the Obvious, if you post and there is a “1.” by your screenname, we know you are first. Honestly, i puke in my mouth every timne I see that. Sheesh, act like you’ve been there before.

5. The Hoff
    10:47 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

Any man who can do the “Carlton” is a friend of mine.

6. Stangluvr
    10:51 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

Hey, #4, eat my jorts.

7. What do you think of Jesus Christ?
    10:52 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

Josh Harrellson would have NEVER played at UK, had Gillispie never surfaced. But in all actuality, I think Jorts is a great college player. I don’t think he’ll play PRO ball in the NBA, but he’s a hard working, blue collar kind of player that every team needs. You might think I’m nuts but four years of Josh Harrellson, would be better than one year of Demarcus Cousins. Reason I say that is because, experience is what wins championships and UK will NEVER have that as long as Cal keeps getting the one and dones.

8. settle down
    10:55 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

sounds like #4 is a little bitter today. get over it. or do you just like eating vomit every day?

9. Calipari
    10:55 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

I made Jorts great, I created him, its all me, I did it, its all due to my coaching skills.

Psssttt, who is Jorts?

10. @7
    10:55 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

7, fuk urself.

11. WillCorbett
    10:56 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

i disagree….you can win a Championships with the talent Cal is pulling in.

12. P
    10:56 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

7…youre a mouth breather

13. What do you think of Jesus Christ?
    10:59 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

10: Can’t wait til’ you bow before JESUS one day. Will you tell Him that?

14. What do you think of Jesus Christ?
    11:01 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

10: Jesus doesn’t like the way you talk boy. Go wash your mouth out and hit those knees and repent.
    11: It will never happen. If Cal couldn’t win it with 5 1st Round picks, he’ll NEVER win it.
    12: Thank you. God Bless you and Jesus loves you.

Jesus said to Christians, “You will be hated because of me.” Thank you Jesus for that promise. I’m GLAD to be hated because of you and i can’t wait until these people who oppose you stand before you to be judged.

15. Nurd83
    11:02 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

#7.. I thought you were nuts to begin with, however, after that comment I think you are insane.

16. UKfan4life
    11:04 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

We can win with the talent he is bringing in. Cal said it right when he said he would take talent over experience every time.

17. Nurd83
    11:06 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

And I think Jesus Christ is a myth, a fable, a made up story. Just like the bible is a made up story based on Egyptian allegory. Here, watch this, its part 1 of 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNf-P_5u_Hw

18. SexnNursinHomes
    11:07 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

Jorts strongly resembles a young Charlie Sheen the Party Machine

19. soup sandwich
    11:11 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

13.) cool it with the religous agenda.there are a zillion other religions people worship.Keep to sports here…..

20. struggler
    11:11 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

So proud of Jorts – He played so tough Saturday! I love this kind of story, when some had looked over the kid, he gets thrown in the fire by circumstnaces beyond his control (no Enes and sorry – but little help elsewhere), and does the work to make the most of what he has – and to give the most of what he has to be a team player. So proud of you big man! Many would have wilted at the challenge. Keep up the good work and raise it a level!

21. The cat
    11:13 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

Where can I get tickets to the vandy game

22. ukcatsfan2
    11:16 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

I do hope the whole student section shows up wearing jean shorts and sporting a beard!

That WILL be too cool to watch on TV!

23. cdc_uky
    11:17 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

This is not a place to discuss religion. Go somewhere else. Everyone has their own beliefs and most do not care to hear yours. In regard to the post, I am surprised that Cal does not know “jorts.” Seems widely used in discussions about Josh.

24. LansingCat
    11:18 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

No way in hell Cal doesn’t know what Jorts means! I call shens.

25. Prodigal son
    11:28 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

7. Josh was a transfer he has only been at UK for 3 years. I know Josh wasn’t born and raised in Kentucky- but he shoulda been, he acts just like one of us. But why pit one Wildcat against another? Demarcus Cousins was a treasure. Yeah he’s a little rough around the edges but so was I before the LORD got ahold of my life. You need a mixture of players; in state boys- outa state boys, one and dones- 3-4 year players.

26. Runnin'Ramel
    11:43 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

I wish Jorts would shave. He looked too much like a Louisville player on Saturday.

27. duh
    11:46 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

@21… there is a ticket website known as TICKETMASTER.COM where you can buy them.. Right now, Section 215 row Z is what it’s offering.

28. MyPantsAreSad
    11:46 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

I’m trying to decide what’s more entertaining, when someone posts “First” or when someone else wastes a post yelling at the person that posts “First”. Why does that ruin people’s days? “OMG LEIK U CANT TIPE FIRST IN THE FRIST POST IT MAKES ME SOOO MAD. WTFFFF”

Get over it.

And yes, I realize the irony in my post, posting about people that post about Firsts. It’s a vicious cycle.

29. bung
    11:47 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

25) yep….and we need to run more….last 2 games 50 def rebounds and only 1 fast break basket…we dont even try to run out…

30. I agree with 25
    11:50 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

IF the rule was in effect back then would you have taken Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Garnett? 7 said he doesnt want one and dones. Thats just plain stupid!

31. echo 1
    11:54 am February 28, 2011 Permalink

Cal may get it, but he apparently doesn’t get all of it. C’mon Cal, you don’t even know about Jorts? It is kinda like Loretta Lynn in Coal Miner’s Daughter not knowing what “horny” means.

32. Odd Man Out
    12:11 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

I’ll miss Josh lots…plays hard every game, gives it everything he has! Proud to have seen him play this year and glad he was the “one” who stepped up and filled the lane this year!

They should go back to the denim uniforms (from 96 I think?) for tomorrow! lol!!

33. get over it
    12:18 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

I am so tired of this can’t win with one and dones blah blah Is every player Cal recruits a one and done? No! so STHU!

34. get over it
    12:19 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

and sarcasm is obviously lost on some people

35. Pair of cut off wrnglers
    12:25 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

18- You hit it dead on I was gonna say the same thing

36. FED UP
    12:29 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

Just amazing he can’t get a “good job” or a “way to go”. I guess he just has to keep on trucking. You can’t stop this train!!!

***13 hours, 20 minutes until Jorts Day.

The game is at 9pm Tues unless your referring to midnight tonight has all of Jorts day or something.

37. Rza
    12:31 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

#17 why, why–this is about Jorts

38. hitthedeck
    12:32 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

@#32 I said that earlier this season to a friend… Denims in honor of Jorts!

39. SexnNursinHomes
    12:32 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

35- Except Jorts missin the poan stars

40. Oliver Simmons
    1:03 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

36 – Yes, Jorts Day would lead one to believe it will be celebrated all day, thus the midnight countdown. If it was called Jorts Game, the countdown would go until 9pm. Ha.

41. 3angelsmessage
    1:27 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

7 I disagree and do believe that Cal can win a championship. However, everyone that disagrees with you (including me) has the burden of proof on them. History has showed that teams deep in experience win the championships. One only has to look at the past champions and it is clear. The teams that win aren’t loaded with freshmen. Now back to my disagreeing. If a team can have 4 or five solid experienced players on top of bringing in a few top notch freshmen, then they can win it all.

42. 3angelsmessage
    1:36 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

KSR readers please answer me a question. Why when #7 being attacked for mentioning biblical things and the people that are rude and telling him to fuk himself get by with no replies. The people that started cursing should be attacked as well. Not all of us here want to read retarded attempts at people trying to sound big. So maybe those people should go to a site where cursing is thought well of. If your going to attack, try being fair both ways with it.

43. SexnNursinHomes
    2:07 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

42- well, I’ll answer it. The guy’s post reeked with absolutism. Cal has been here 1.8 years. #7 has no clue what Cal’s recruiting will lead too. So to imply THAT he knows for SURE that Cal will not win a banner with one and dones is pure specualtion. The fact this team has 3 UPPER classmen and they DON’T lead us is the reason why we are having fits. Not because of Knight, Jones, and Lamb. As for the religious part. I don’t give a shit.

44. atrain77
    2:52 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

42. Because there is NO place for religion on this site. I am all for everyone’s right to believe in any or no organized religious system, but this is NOT the place to discuss such things. This is a sports–more importantly Kentucky sports–website. Occassionally, there is a political discussion that is brought on by a post or comment, but I am not sure this is the place for that either. I certainly do not come here and read comments to be preached at or “saved”. I’m pretty sure 99% of the readers who come to this site do not either.

Having said that, I usually just ignore the comments and move on, but since you asked, and since it has been occurring more frequently, I wanted to throw out my two cents. Every time this argument comes up, it reminds me of one of my favorite Nicholson lines.

The assertion that Cal cannot win with one-n-dones is also ridiculous and unverified at this point. Last year’s team was one bad shooting night from the Final Four and, while this year looks to not be a championship team, you never know. Even if Jones and Knight leave, the incoming recruits along with
    our returning experienced veterans, next season looks to be another excellent team who will be in the top 5 or 10 all year and, hopefully, have a shot at the final four and a title. All the rational UK fans want is to be in the conversation for a championship and to have a shot at achieving that. To make a bold proclamation that Cal cannot win the way he is doing it after 1.5 seasons not only shows a complete lack of basketball knowledge, but also a lack in basic comprehension skills as well.

45. ebell55
    3:57 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

I don’t get the whole thing with Jean shorts! I wear them all the time in the summer! I could see if they were actual jeans cut into shorts and he looked like a red neck! Jean shorts have never been lame and this is from a guy who wears suits and ties 5 days out of the week. Jorts is the stupidest nickname and I cringe everytime I say it! Damn KSR getting in my brain!

46. well let me tell you
    6:31 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

45. people under the age of 40 dont wear jean shorts anymore. Thats why. My grandma has blue hair and wears blouses with large flowers, but I doubt you’ll see that on UKs campus amongst the ladies

47. ebell55
    8:59 pm February 28, 2011 Permalink

I’m under 40 and I see a lot of under 40 folks wearing jean shorts. Urban fashions Sean John, Eko and the like sell them to Americas youth. Now people under 40 men even are also wearing jeans so tight they can’t put a dollar in their pocket and getting their lips and eyebrows periced. Tats on their necks and all other unhireable features. If jean shorts are wrong I don’t want to be right!